Uhoh, It's The End Of White America

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrsSpringsteen

Blue Crack Addict
And also the suicide of a superpower. Blame California. Geesh it's raining today too. What else can possibly go wrong?

Pat Buchanan's Gloomy Warning About 'The End Of White America' (VIDEO)

Pat Buchanan made a series of charged remarks about the racial makeup of the U.S. during an appearance on Sean Hannity's Monday show.

Buchanan was talking about his new book, "Suicide Of A Superpower." One of the chapters is entitled "The End Of White America." Hannity said that Buchanan labels white Americans as an "endangered species" in the book. He asked Buchanan to respond to what was sure to be a controversy about the chapter, since Buchanan is never anything less than a lightning rod for his racial views.

"Are you against minorities?" Hannity asked. "Not at all," Buchanan said. He said that the chapter was merely an attempt to examine what he thought would happen when whites no longer formed a majority of the American population.

"America is going to look very much like California right now," Buchanan said, going on to paint a very gloomy picture of the state (bankruptcy, a "black-brown war among the underclass," and so on), and claiming that, in Los Angeles, "half the people there don't speak English in their own homes."

Buchanan said that the people of color in California "are not bad or evil people," but that they are bankrupting the state. He concluded, "What happens when all of America is like that, when every American city is like LA? ...What California is today, America is in 2041 if we don't change course."

Buchanan then went on to discuss the voting patterns of various racial groups in the U.S. Noting that African Americans and Latinos vote overwhelmingly for Democrats, he predicted that the Republicans faced a dire future thanks to the current demographic trends. Buchanan seemed to think this was not a very good thing.

yahoo.com/uexpress

By Pat Buchanan | Pat Buchanan – Tue, Oct 18, 2011

John Hope Franklin, the famed black historian at Duke University, once told the incoming freshmen, "The new America in the 21st century will be primarily non-white, a place George Washington would not recognize."

In his June 1998 commencement address at Portland State, President Clinton affirmed it: "In a little more than 50 years, there will be no majority race in the United States." The graduates cheered.

The Census Bureau has now fixed at 2041 the year when whites become a minority in a country where the Founding Fathers had restricted citizenship to "free white persons" of "good moral character."

With publication today of "Suicide of a Superpower: Will America Survive to 2025?" this writer takes up what this portends. And while many on the left are enthusiastic about relegating the America of Eisenhower and JFK to a reactionary past, I concur with the late Clare Boothe Luce.

In this world, she said, there are optimists and pessimists.

"The pessimists are better informed."

What are the seemingly inevitable consequences of an America where whites are a shrinking minority?

First, the end of a national Republican Party that routinely gets 90 percent of its presidential votes from white America.

California is the harbinger of what is to come.

Carried by Richard Nixon in all five presidential elections when he was on the ticket and by Ronald Reagan all four times he ran, California, where whites are now a shrinking minority, is a state where the GOP faces extinction. John McCain's share of the California vote was down to the Barry Goldwater level of 1964.

When Texas, where two-thirds of the newborns and half the schoolchildren are Hispanic, goes the way of California, it is the end for the GOP. Arizona, Colorado and Nevada, also critical to any victorious GOP coalition, are Hispanicizing as rapidly as Texas.

In every presidential election since Bush I in 1992, Hispanics have given 60-70 percent of their votes to the Democratic ticket.

For Hispanics, largely poor and working class, are beneficiaries of a cornucopia of government goods — from free education to food stamps to free health care. Few pay federal income taxes.

Why would they not vote for the Party of Government?

Second, the economic crisis of California, brought on by an outflow of taxpayers and a huge influx of tax consumers — i.e., millions of immigrants, legal and illegal — will be mirrored nationally.

For though the majority of immigrants and illegals comes to work, and work hard, most now come from Third World countries and do not bring the academic or professional skills of European-Americans.

Third, the decline in academic test scores here at home and in international competition is likely to continue, as more and more of the children taking those tests will be African-American and Hispanic. For though we have spent trillions over four decades, we have failed to close the racial gap in education. White and Asian children continue to outscore black and Hispanic children.

Can the test-score gap be closed? With the Hispanic illegitimacy rate at 51 percent and the black rate having risen to 71 percent, how can their children conceivably arrive at school ready to compete?

Should this continue for three decades, what will it mean for America if Asians and whites occupy the knowledge-industry jobs, while scores of millions of black and Hispanic workers are relegated to low-paying service-sector jobs? Will that make for social tranquility?

Affirmative action is one answer. But this is already causing a severe backlash, and the reason is obvious.

When affirmative action was first imposed, whites outnumbered blacks nine to one. The burden of reverse discrimination on the white community was thus relatively light. Today, however, not only blacks, but Hispanics and women — two-thirds of the entire population — qualify for affirmative action in hiring and school admissions.

And the burden falls almost entirely on white males, who are one-third of the country but three-fourths of the dead and wounded coming back from Afghanistan.

Sociologist Robert Putnam, author of "Bowling Alone," has also found that the greater the racial and ethnic diversity in a community, the less social capital there is — i.e., people in diverse settings are far less disposed to cooperate for social goals. They retreat into enclaves of their own kind.

Putnam found social capital at the lowest level he ever measured in Los Angeles, the most diverse community on earth. Yet, by 2042, the demography of every American city will approximate that of L.A.

What is happening to America is happening across the West.

Can Western civilization survive the passing of the European peoples whose ancestors created it and their replacement by Third World immigrants? Probably not, for the new arrivals seem uninterested in preserving the old culture they have found.

Those who hold the white race responsible for the mortal sins of mankind — slavery, racism, imperialism, genocide — may welcome its departure from history. Those who believe that the civilization that came out of Jerusalem, Athens, Rome and London to be the crowning achievement of mankind will mourn its passing.

My dad has some of Buchanan's books and I've flipped through them. He does nothing but bash minorities - of all kinds - and does have the attitude that whites are superior. For him to say he doesn't think blacks and Hispanics are bad people is bull because in his books, he more than less says that. Buchanan has nothing nice to say about minorities.

Yeah, this was the kind of house I grew up in. Try not to feel sorry for me.

Can Western civilization survive the passing of the European peoples whose ancestors created it and their replacement by Third World immigrants? Probably not, for the new arrivals seem uninterested in preserving the old culture they have found.

Yes, Europe's birth rate is falling, but so are the Muslims:

Muslim birth rate falls, slower population growth | Reuters

Muslims will number 2.2 billion by 2030 compared to 1.6 billion in 2010, making up 26.4 percent of the world population compared to 23.4 percent now, according to estimates by the Pew Forum on Religion and Public Life.
The report did not publish figures for worldwide populations of other major religions, but said the United States-based Pew Forum planned similar reports on growth prospects for worldwide Christianity, Hinduism, Buddhism, Sikhism and Judaism.
"The declining growth rate is due primarily to falling fertility rates in many Muslim-majority countries," it said, noting the birth rate is falling as more Muslim women are educated, living standards rise and rural people move to cities.

And "White Americans" belong back in old Europe. I'll go back to "my country" when you go back to yours.

"troll"

purpleoscar said:
Pat doesn't speak for all conservatives...not even close.

Of course not. But I think he speaks for a lot more than we'd like to admit. I think many conservatives are afraid of losing their status quo. It's why very few talk about more manageable paths to citizenship in their stances on immigration, why redistricting to thwart the Hispanic vote is such a hot topic, why the first tea party rally was set up to protest TARP which Bush signed but became all about Obama, and it's why we've seen certain comments and sources posted in here.

:therethere:

Pat, you're old. You won't have to deal with the consequences of a non-White U.S.
But hey, a lot of Hispanics are Roman Catholic, so that's good, right?.

:rolleyes:

Please post another country or civilization that has given its citizens
more freedoms.

Religion didn't give us those freedoms.

Come to think of it, if you're trying to correlate Christian nations with freedom, those that actually were Christian nations (as in, Christianity was the national religion) granted far less freedoms than our Democratic nation.

Last edited:
So, I'm assuming you think the Christians and religion really messed up
America.

Please post another country or civilization that has given its citizens
more freedoms.

I don't have a problem if people want to be Christian or Religious
those are personal life style choices.

Vegetarianism, Veganism are personal life style choices.

I don't believe laws should be put into place to support or encourage life style choices. To protect a person's right to choose them or not,
may be a different situation.

Then what did?

If you go back and really look at it, the few early settlers you are thinking of were really not what would be considered 'main stream' Christians.
They would be more like odd ball cultists. The larger respectable Christian groups had no use for these fringe sects.

If you go back and really look at it, the few early settlers you are thinking of were really not what would be considered 'main stream' Christians.
They would be more like odd ball cultists. The larger respectable Christian groups had no use for these fringe sects.

The larger repectable Christian groups, you refer to, were the ones repressing
religious and personal freedoms in Europe.

It was the "fringe sects" that broke out and brought us this freedom we enjoy today.

I agree.

What group promoted that idea in Western civilization?

Come on, take off your blinders.
The American Revolution was about economics. period

There was no real charity, christian decency driving it.
It was only economics. The English had made agreements with the Natives about not expanding into more of their land. The English had what they wanted, colonies on the coast with ports for trading. The colonists wanted more free land for the stealing.

If these settlers had good Christian values motivating them, instead of personal economics, then why did they not abolish slavery? and respect their fellow man "created in the image of God" the natives?
Simple answer, economics, greed, breaking the commandment of 'not coveting the neighbor's property".

People tend to do what is in their best (most profitable) interests.

Come on, take off your blinders.
The American Revolution was about economics. period

There was no real charity, christian decency driving it.
It was only economics. The English had made agreements with the Natives about not expanding into more of their land. The English had what they wanted, colonies on the coast with ports for trading. The colonists wanted more free land for the stealing.

If these settlers had good Christian values motivating them, instead of personal economics, then why did they not abolish slavery? and respect their fellow man "created in the image of God" the natives?
Simple answer, economics, greed, breaking the commandment of 'not coveting the neighbor's property".

People tend to do what is in their best (most profitable) interests.

I guess we can start with this:

"The American Revolution was about economics. period"

What facts do you have to support that statement?

Not trying to be picky here, but that is a strong defintive answer you gave.

I guess we can start with this:

"The American Revolution was about economics. period"

What facts do you have to support that statement?

Not trying to be picky here, but that is a strong defintive answer you gave.

I don't dislike the 'founding fathers' there are some very good people mixed in there, the documents they came up with are pretty good.

I just don't want to sugar coat it and create myths. It is not necessary. The more accurate story is better than the myths and exaggerations.

the iron horse said:
What group promoted that idea in Western civilization?
Was it a white group, Christian group, white haired group, libertarian group, bored housewives group, an AA group? Why don't you tell us exactly how you group them?

jesus, why the hostility

Ironhorse seems to be a decent, caring person that seems to believe that America is founded on Judeo Christian values, that belief is held by a very large portion of Americans, I was taught that, I guess I used to buy into it.

After doing my own independent investigations, I no longer believe that.
I meet and work with people that still hold that belief. I hope I would never be rude to them for not thinking the same way that I do.

deep said:
jesus, why the hostility

Ironhorse seems to be a decent, caring person that seems to believe that America is founded on Judeo Christian values, that belief is held by a very large portion of Americans, I was taught that, I guess I used to buy into it.

After doing my own independent investigations, I no longer believe that.
I meet and work with people that still hold that belief. I hope I would never be rude to them for not thinking the same way that I do.

All I did was ask questions. It's not like I stated that someone had blinders on.

Back
Top Bottom