U.S. and Allies Strike Libya - Page 15 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login

Old 10-20-2011, 02:28 PM   #211
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 11:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by U2girl View Post
This was no US solo action, so he can't take credit.

he can certainly share credit. and the reason he can is because the GOP are presently congratulating the UK and France, but not the president, because they refuse to give him any credit for anything.

don't forget, Obama and Hillary received enormous criticism from both the right and the left, so just because it wasn't a solo action doesn't mean that it wasn't without controversy, or that there isn't credit to be given afterward.

i'm glad it wasn't a solo action. things tend to suck when we do them alone.

Quote:
It would be a great victory if Obama could step up to the Cairo talk about Palestinian state though.

i agree.

sadly, the Republican Party is further to the right on this issue than even the Likud.

Old 10-21-2011, 12:05 AM   #212
Refugee

I suppose this is good news. At least he is symbolic of the old regime. Now the long task of establishing democracy with foreign influence in Libya.

Is it a good thing that an ancient society is now open for business? Is the West really welcome? Libyan people must know they have intentions.

Old 10-21-2011, 10:29 AM   #213
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
"Is there no Republican that can be gracious and statesmanlike in this situation? We removed a dictator in six months losing no American soldiers, spending, like, a billlion dollars rather than a trillion dollars, and engendering what appears to be good will to people who now have a story of their own indpendence to tell. Anybody want to give credit? What the f**k is wrong with you people?" ~ Jon Stewart

leading from behind, ftw.
Old 10-21-2011, 12:27 PM   #214
Blue Crack Addict

Well supposedly the insurgents killed him with his own gun, or he was killed in crossfire. Whatever the real story is. The airstrike made him crawl into the drainpipe so I suppose indirectly they played a part. I guess they aided the insurgents too.

I don't know about no US troops on the ground, who knows what really happened there.
Old 10-21-2011, 01:36 PM   #215
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:31 PM
he got a better deal than Saddam

Gaddafi caught like rat in a drain, humiliated and shot | Reuters
Old 10-21-2011, 08:40 PM   #216
Refugee

I think it is important that it looks like the rebels got him. I am sure that Western Allies did most of the 'heavy lifting' and turned the tide in this battle. I am glad a tyrant is gone and Libya is moving forward.

But really, he is one man. Are all Libyans going to start adhere to principles or democracy? It will take generations before the country starts to see some progress.

That is some serious karma. Dying like a rat in a sewer.

Here's to Libya's future.
Old 10-21-2011, 08:41 PM   #217
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by canedge View Post
I think it is important that it looks like the rebels got him. I am sure that Western Allies did most of the 'heavy lifting' and turned the tide in this battle. I am glad a tyrant is gone and Libya is moving forward.
I bloody well hope so but I'm hardly confident about it.
Old 10-21-2011, 09:24 PM   #218
Refugee

here are some gross pics...

http ://w ww.livele ak.com/ view?i=691_1319218055
Old 10-22-2011, 10:17 AM   #219
has a

Local Time: 10:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by canedge View Post

But really, he is one man. Are all Libyans going to start adhere to principles or democracy? It will take generations before the country starts to see some progress.

That is some serious karma. Dying like a rat in a sewer.

Here's to Libya's future.

I wouldn't have minded him being blown-up in an airplane on his way to The Hague. I think karma would have kicked him in the nuts when he realized he was the only person on board.
Old 10-23-2011, 08:19 PM   #220
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 05:31 AM
Anyone that approves of the manner of Ghadaffi's brutal execution is clearly sick. As a matter of fact, even the bare fact of his execution in the absence of judicial process was a criminal act. Even if you fulsomely support the Libyan revolution, you would have to acknowledge that.

In relation to the photos and footage of his murder that it has been hard to avoid over the past few days, I can only guess that the neo-liberal/Bilderberg establishment believe, probably correctly, that it helps de-humanise us to be repeatedly exposed to stuff like that. That is why we are bombarded with it at every turn. Newspapers, 6 o' clock news, etc etc. Well, call me old-fashioned, but I believe in basic human rights for everyone. Looks like that's a far out, controversial opinion in these times!

Hilary Clinton in particular is fairly obviously a psychopath. The way I see it, the western world is run by people at least as brutal as Saddam or Ghaddafi.

We are living in a very scary and inhumane age.
Old 10-23-2011, 08:30 PM   #221
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 05:31 AM
Quote:
Nothing defines the post-Gaddafi National Transitional Council (NTC) regime better than the shockingly brutal manner in which Colonel Moammar Gaddafi was literally beaten to death after his capture on Thursday in Sirte. To reiterate the cliché that all is fair in love and war in this context is no comfort. The reports and footage of Gaddafi’s last moments are nothing short of hair-raising. This was a barbaric act in the extreme. With its usual expedient blinkers where its interests are concerned, the west, whether governments or the media, have tucked away their moral compass somewhere out of sight and convenient. The NTC pro-west regime they are triumphantly supporting is less likely to be, as the Libyan Ambassador in London claimed, a state ruled by law so much as a western imperialist satrap. Given that this treatment of a captured leader was not the first manifestation of the brutality of the NTC fighters (note the violence perpetrated against unarmed migrant African workers captured by the NTC and accused of being Gaddafi mercenaries without any proof), what is the explanation for this barbarism?

The NTC forces include al Qaeda affiliated groups who have been trying to overthrow Gaddafi through armed uprisings (especially in eastern Libya) over the years. Ironically, the very west that claims to be fighting al Qaeda worldwide turned a convenient blind eye to the troubling inclusion of these extremist jihadi groups in the NTC ranks. One faction of these al Qaeda affiliates was held responsible for the murder of a Gaddafi regime senior general who defected to the rebels and was leading their military campaign. Yet to date, no one has been held accountable for this murder. Libya presents the picture of the pattern likely to be used by the west from now on to take out regimes that oppose its imperialist ambitions. The model is to use local dissident or rebellious forces on the ground, supported by the US and Nato’s overwhelming technological superiority in air power, missiles and other 'remote’ weapons to help crush regimes that do not play ball with the west. US President Obama boasted after Gaddafi’s brutal end was confirmed that not one American life had been lost in the Libyan campaign. What he conveniently forgot to mention was the role of covert special forces attached to the NTC rebels that arguably helped and directed their relatively amateur military efforts. Obama’s triumphalism pulled whatever thin fig leaf was put up by Washington under the rubric 'leading from behind’.

Like in any detective novel, the two critical questions to be asked are: motive, and beneficiary, to determine the villain of the piece. Libya’s oil and gas riches are what the US-led west has been slavering over for a very long time. Gaddafi’s support to anti-imperialist movements worldwide earned him more than a fair share of the ire of the powers that be in our (still) post-Cold War unipolar world. France and Britain, that led the anti-Gaddafi pack, are licking their lips over the lucrative ingress they have gained through bringing the NTC to power into Libya’s oil and gas. As in Iraq, energy sources and imperialist intervention have a symbiotic relationship.
Shocking brutality :: www.uruknet.info :: informazione dal medio oriente :: information from middle east :: [vs-1]
Old 10-24-2011, 12:49 AM   #222
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by financeguy View Post
Anyone that approves of the manner of Ghadaffi's brutal execution is clearly sick. As a matter of fact, even the bare fact of his execution in the absence of judicial process was a criminal act. Even if you fulsomely support the Libyan revolution, you would have to acknowledge that.

In relation to the photos and footage of his murder that it has been hard to avoid over the past few days, I can only guess that the neo-liberal/Bilderberg establishment believe, probably correctly, that it helps de-humanise us to be repeatedly exposed to stuff like that. That is why we are bombarded with it at every turn. Newspapers, 6 o' clock news, etc etc. Well, call me old-fashioned, but I believe in basic human rights for everyone. Looks like that's a far out, controversial opinion in these times!

Hilary Clinton in particular is fairly obviously a psychopath. The way I see it, the western world is run by people at least as brutal as Saddam or Ghaddafi.

Good post. I agree wholeheartedly. I can't shake the feeling that whatever will happen in Libya in the future, the people will lose.
Old 10-24-2011, 01:36 AM   #223
War Child

Local Time: 10:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by financeguy View Post

Amazing how few people have spoken against the sheer idiocy contained in this post. I guess it isn't really that surprising. But let's just say if you had said a few different token things, this thread would have EXPLODED.

Even the inclusion of the term "Bilderberg" is in the vein of batshit territory.
But whatever, if you want to see it that way, you better be prepared to defy reality across the board. Calling HRC a "psychopath" is not only hilarious but more so, it is telling. Nobody became indignant with you. If you had said the same thing about the Chosen One, you'd already be a racist in the eyes of the vaunted Leftist members around here.

Truth is good. Find it.
Old 10-24-2011, 01:39 AM   #224
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner El Guapo View Post
Even the inclusion of the term "Bilderberg" is in the vein of batshit territory.
But whatever, if you want to see it that way, you better be prepared to defy reality across the board. Calling HRC a "psychopath" is not only hilarious but more so, it is telling. Nobody became indignant with you. If you had said the same thing about the Chosen One, you'd already be a racist in the eyes of the vaunted Leftist members around here.

Truth is good. Find it.
There are leftist members here? In FYM?
Old 10-24-2011, 12:14 PM   #225
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner El Guapo View Post
Amazing how few people have spoken against the sheer idiocy contained in this post. I guess it isn't really that surprising. But let's just say if you had said a few different token things, this thread would have EXPLODED.
I love the outrage you express that nobody commented on a post that was posted on Sunday night at 8:30 pm for an astounding 5 hours.