U.S. Ambassador Killed Over Anti-Islam Movie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I read that the Obama administration believes this was planned. And it was on 9/11

Pro-al Qaeda group seen behind deadly Benghazi attack - CNN.com

this is one of those events that in two to three weeks we will have much better information

a film? of some sort exist, if only on YouTube, there are dozens of actors,

I also have heard reports that it was coordinated for 911, with an Al-Qaeda group behind it to avenge Bin Laden, that the protests were a cover for getting into the embassies.

If Dick Cheney were still VP, there would be irrefutable proof that Iran was behind it and congress would be approving an attack on Iran

who gains??? always the best question. One answer rises, Mossad did this. :shrug:

One commenter on IBT suggested that since Bacile said he was relatives in Egypt, he might be a disgruntled Egyptian.

That would mean if he's actually Muslim, he no longer supports the religion. But if he's Coptic Christian, he's going to put that group into a lot of turmoil.

ImBecile - I like that, MrsS.

ETA: Just read on the HuffPo that the movie was promoted by an anti-Muslim Egyptian Christian in the U.S. His name is Morris Sadek.

so you can watch the "trailer" for the film here:

Muhammad Movie Trailer - YouTube

it is stupid, offensive, and nonsensical. it's not even bad enough to be good. it's very high school audio-visual club. it's like the KKK making a movie about reconstruction or something. and, no, i don't think the people behind this film are much different from the KKK.

if another group were depicted the way Muslims are depicted in this -- it's not much different than, say, white people in blackface eating watermelon and dancing -- there would most assuredly be protests of some sort, if the film became known. heck, Christians protested "Last Temptation of Christ." protesting is legitimate.

this "rage" and the murder of 4 people is not.

Exactly. :up:

Yeah, they are saying Becile is a pseudonym. And it's a film backed by Christians.

Oh, dear *Puts head in hand*.

Like ImBecile?

Heh. Well put :up:.

Agreed that people have the right to say what they wish, and I certainly agree that no religion should be immune from criticism.

But I do also think there are ways to go about making said criticism without coming off like an obnoxious jerk. And I agree that you can say what you please, but you also must prepare to deal with the response to what you say. If you can dish it out, you should be able to take it.

And since it seems this film is nothing more than a horrible excuse to get people all riled up and angry about something, that is pretty pathetic and awful and all involved are idiots. Things are already tense enough, we really don't need people like this making things worse.

As for the ambassador, very sorry to hear of his death. So senseless. My condolances to his family.

I'm watching Hannity right now for god knows what reason, and it's basically like watching Pravda.

He's going to Ann Colter for comment. They are conflating the embassy statement released before the event with Obama.

Already, 3 mentions of Neville Chamberlin.

Honestly. How does a channel like this exist in the developed world?

A journalist friend and I were talking about how terrible their graphics are, too. Easily the worst of the major news networks. CNN, for all its faults, has a much better presentation style.

I still remember sitting in a motel room three years ago and hearing Glenn Beck, with a shockingly small amount of irony, predict rape and pillaging because Obama was elected.

I still remember sitting in a motel room three years ago and hearing Glenn Beck, with a shockingly small amount of irony, predict rape and pillaging because Obama was elected.

violence-riots-vandalism-occupy-oakland-nov-2-2011.jpg

I remember watching OWS 2 years after hearing Glenn Beck.

From what I can gather he said this - “that the Obama administration’s first response was not to condemn attacks on our diplomatic missions, but to sympathize with those who waged the attacks.” (Mitt’s Apology Tour Line Crashes Against Reality -- Daily Intel)

In response to this, I think? Could be wrong. The United States condemns in the strongest terms this outrageous and shocking attack,' Obama said in a statement in the White House Rose Garden.

'Make no mistake, we will work with the Libyan government to bring to justice the killers who attacked our people.'

'It is especially tragic that Chris Stevens died in Benghazi because it is a city that he helped to save.'

'The attack will not break the bonds between the United States and Libya.

'Libyan security personnel fought back alongside Americans. Libyans helped some of the diplomats find safety and carried Ambassador Stevens's body to the hospital where we tragically learned that he had died.'

Sky News: Obama condemns Benghazi attack

As for the cartoon, whilst it is absolute no excuse for murder, it is extremely offensive and defences of "wahhh wahhh free speech" do not count.

it's a hate film, no question about it.

:up:

here in France i'm pretty sure it could be classed and punished as "incitement to racial hatred" based on religious factors, like anti-semitism has been for example

living in France, over the years i've realised we do have "freedom of speech" but you have to be very careful/responsible with what you say - for instance, if you verbally insult someone in a public place, it's a punishable offence - verbally undermining someone's character in public, for example if you call someone a "b!tch", but if you say "what a b!tchy thing to do!" for instance that's ok because it's not directly attacking the person, so yeah, French legislation takes "speech" very seriously and you do have to think about what you say before you say it (not that i'm likely to go around calling people names in public anyway lmfao!)

also, sometimes you will get a worse punishment for a speech crime, especially racial hatred, than for a physical crime... i've seen that happen...

i was up way late last niht b/c of 9-11 stuff (not on media tho) so Ididn't even hear about this until mid=afternoon.

lot of good posts...here's what i know and i could be mistaken as I was doing someof the tpe of thihgs that i need a certain kind of back forth concnetration on several thingsfor so ccould not focus as much as I wanted to on tis very upsetting stuff....

i wtill have to look up the stuff thast happened after WWI that wqas mnetionhed. IS this refering to the break-up of the Ottaman Empire and the partitioning of the area into countries thay more or less reprsentented tribes?

I remember my mom saying her mom Greek-born rode on a tank towords the end of WW1 when Greece was liberated from the Ottamon Empire... just adding i don't hate present day Turkey because of whatb happened back then....

it can be tricky over long periods of history when they say a country, a people's has a long memory.... I'm not a total pacifist.... but i do think that some point as long as a country or a poeple in the the present aim for good relations with former enemies, or oppresors where in real respect through words and actions and more egalitarianism is strived for...killing would hopefully stop.

romney and the right.... and the "apology" as i understand the timeline...the apology was issued BEFORE the protest or as the protest started in Egypt when our gov found out that this movie had been played on TV (egyption TV ? TV in Florida where that pastoer is?)

And the Libyan assault may have used the Egyptian protest as a cover for theirs...plus the under pinnings of the fact it might have been furrther back planned for 9-11 posibly.

And not only were these Libyians apologizing (I hadn't heard that) but there were Libyians helped to get the embassy people to the hospital.

so those are some main things i've picked up

oh one more very important thing\

the film-maker may have ties to Christian groups here (in The States)

Is gets into tricky and dangerous stuuff because...
there are far-right Christian groups that are helping far right religious Jews in Israel to in a sense lets see "speed up" the Apocolypse which they caculate by signs and prophesy from the bible and in what's happened in recent years by helping ?? the Temple of David be rebuilt after they ?destroy the Mosque that was ?built over the older Temple of David... thus triggering an an extra deadly middle-east war that could spread :yikes: on both accounts.

i hope got that generally right!

These are one faction of the Far Right Christians. The others very dangerous in their own ways don't believe that god/jesus has tipped their hand by reading the bible for the Apocolypse...that that will happened at some future point and no human can know this notmatter how they parse the bible.
In thwe meantime they want an American Theocracy and are as we see working towards that end !:yikes:

I'm watching Hannity right now for god knows what reason, and it's basically like watching Pravda.

He's going to Ann Colter for comment. They are conflating the embassy statement released before the event with Obama.

I watched that too, well as much as I could stomach. The most disturbing thing to me is that so many people watching that will take it as 100% accurate without bothering to get other sources. It's gross, the way someone like Hannity will stop at nothing to advance his agenda. He sickens me.

On a much lighter note, was Ann Coulter wearing a camisole? It looked like she just dragged herself out of bed. Like she probably had pj bottoms on with it. It was white and looked see through, like they were trying to avoid showing her below the neck.

mediaite.com

On Fox & Friends Thursday morning, Sen. James Inhofe (R-OK) said that the violent attacks on U.S. diplomatic properties in Libya and Egypt were the direct result of what he perceives to be President Barack Obama‘s ongoing policy of appeasement in the Middle East.

Inhofe told the Fox hosts that he’d like to begin immediately with Congressional hearings investigating how security failed at the Libyan consulate where U.S. Ambassador Christopher Stevens was killed late Tuesday night. “You can start them tomorrow. These hearings should start,” Inhofe said.

“Let’s keep in mind, this is a big deal,” the senator continued. “We have four countries right now attacking America. When you attack an embassy, you’re attacking America. We can’t sit around and wait for hearings. We’ve got to do it right now,” he said when asked whether he hopes hearings could start before Election Day.

Host Steve Doocy and Inhofe then went on to characterize the president’s initial foreign tour as his “apology tour,” leading Doocy to ask the senator whether this week’s attacks were a result of that and other elements of the Obama foreign policy.

“Yeah. What foreign policy? The policy of appeasement,” Inhofe replied. “Yes, it’s happening as a result of that.”

He then went on to criticize Obama for what he believes is an unfriendly tone with the American allies in Israel: “For the first time since the [Israeli] independence back in the ’40s, [we] have a president who is trashing Israel, our only friend there. So this thing is huge. We mentioned four countries — let me tell you, it’s not going to stop there. There is war against America throughout the entire region. They’re attacking us now.”

Not that Inhofe needs any help in making him look completely incapable of intelligent thought, but everytime I hear a Republican use the phrase "apology tour" I cringe at how we've let stupidity overtake this country.

Inhofe may just be my least favorite person in Washington, and this doesn't help his cause. mind, uhh, offering any warrants or evidence to back your claim, Senator?

Also, "they're attacking us"? Seriously? SERIOUSLY? A group of extremists did something and now that whole country is at war with the US?

Imbecile.

MrsSpringsteen said:
I want to know where his apology is for insulting our intelligence

The most disgusting thing is that a majority of voters in Oklahoma turn out to vote for him year after year. He probably has permanent tenure in the Senate if he wants it. He couldn't even be beaten in a primary, at least in the current "race to the right" state of the GOP.

I get the feeling occasionally that Obama does not even need to campaign, but rather would be well-served simply by sitting back and watching the Republican opposition self-destruct. Romney has now on several occasions shown himself to be a reactionary in terms of foreign policy, which of course is extremely dangerous. I would hope that those of any political persuasion would look for the measured but firm response of Obama rather than Romney's immediate fulmination.

Back
Top Bottom