Twenty Others Stood By And Watched

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mass immigration mixed with neoliberalism/globalism/hypercapitalism mixed with lack of respect for the much maligned 'traditional family values' will almost inevitably result in such outcomes, I'm not precisely sure why everyone is so surprised - I can only speculate it might be because it would involve admitting the social conservatives had a point all along.

I don't think this is a time and/or thread to debate politics. Something's wrong with society here, stick with that.

Mass immigration mixed with neoliberalism/globalism/hypercapitalism mixed with lack of respect for the much maligned 'traditional family values' will almost inevitably result in such outcomes, I'm not precisely sure why everyone is so surprised - I can only speculate it might be because it would involve admitting the social conservatives had a point all along.

you forgot to add "the Jews" on your checklist.

Wow. I haven't been here in a while, and I have to say that this is one of the most horrible things I've read in a while.

:huh: How can that kid who watched feel absolutely no responsibility for this?

Oh and Financeguy, are you a robot or what? You seem to have no feelings at all.

i don't think these things are more or less common, or people are more or less bad than they were a generation ago.

i think that now things get reported in a way they weren't years ago.

take whatever small solace from that idea that you can, i suppose. it's the only hope i can muster from such abject awfulness.

I don't know about that- I can agree to some extent but on the other hand the dehumanization just seems to exist on a whole new level, that it can exist in this extreme. It's as if they think they're watching that happen to a character in a video game or something. It's chilling.

It's as if they think they're watching that happen to a character in a video game or something. It's chilling.

That's what I was wondering about. Even though I am reluctant to point the finger at the media, did it play a role in this case?

I think there must be numerous factors if you could actually analyze what caused them to behave like that. I don't mean to blame media or video games-but I do think they play a part in being desensitized towards violence. It can't be just about the snitching-surely someone would still have the humanity and courage to stop it.

Back
Top Bottom