Torontonians, have you noticed the subway causing more vibrations?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Muldfeld

Refugee
I live along the green line of the Toronto subway system, and I've noticed in the last 3 weeks, a substantial increase in trembling caused by the trains every time they pass underneath my condo. I've lived in this building for nearly 7 years and had barely ever noticed it before. Now, I hear the damn thing every 5 to 10 minutes, even when I try to ignore it or forget about it.

If you notice this, please, PLEASE call the Toronto Transit Commission and make a forceful complaint.
Here's the switchboard number. 416-393-4000

The TTC says there's nothing different, but I don't buy it.

I dont understand what could possibly be different.

There could be an erosion in the foundations or some change in the subway system.
The TTC guy told me differences in air pressure and temperature make the noises more noticeable. But I haven't heard it this loud ever before.

I am glad you got a couple of responses

I don't know how many Torontoians read and post in here.

Is there a local newspaper that has a forum, that might be a better place to get more replies.

I have never even been to Canada. I have tried Canadian bacon, twice.

There could be an erosion in the foundations or some change in the subway system.
The TTC guy told me differences in air pressure and temperature make the noises more noticeable. But I haven't heard it this loud ever before.

It could be a dozen things. A change in the subway system is the least likely. Have any of your neighbors had the same experience? That's where I'd start.

I think a local newspaper forum would be the last place to get answers on this or any other matter.

On the other hand, a local newspaper editorial desk, depending on the paper. heavily depending on the paper.

Thanks very much for the feedback, folks. I'll try local papers.

Pretty funny, deep.

Kieran McConville, do you mean ask in a letter to the editors if there's a problem? They're unlikely to answer or print my complaint, aren't they?

Thanks, BVS. My neighbors tend to mostly be renters who move in and out. My immediate neighbors said they haven't noticed anything, but they play music really loudly or are not in much.

x-files-believe.jpg

Back
Top Bottom