Too fat to pass?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My mom was diagnosed with Type-2 a year and a half ago, and she was told that under the current, in vogue anti-obesity climate, that many people beat themselves up for causing the disease, when in fact most if it is due to heredity, that's the greatest risk factor.

No way. That's insane. You are so not.

:hug: Thank you for your post! I have Pre-Type 2 Diabetes and you are right. The biggest risk factors are heredity and Gestational Diabetes. The only risk factor I don't have is. I am not African American. I find it amusing, when I tell people, especially younger ones. They will say, but you're not fat.

I have a friend who is 100 pounds heavier than me. Her blood sugar is perfect.

I'm a 21 on that chart. I probably feel best at this weight, maybe even 5 lbs less.

I actually am not as negative about the BMI as some of you; I actually think it's a reasonably valuable tool, but not the final indicator necessarily.

In September I had a BMI of 25.5 - overweight

I am now at 23.2 - healthy

I know I look better after losing 15 pounds.
And it is a lot easier climbing stairs now.

I would need to lose 15 more pounds to get to 21 BMI. (or grow 3 inches)

That would be difficult. I might try for a 7-8 more pounds loss.

i would love to lose 10-15 lbs.

but i don't think that the BMI calling me "obese" because my shoulders are 10" wider than my waist and i have an 18" neck and ample biceps is a good way to go about that.

that's all.

:combust:

so...i'll be in the area again near the end of the month. we should hang out :flirt:

i'm out of town from the 24th to the 2nd, but if you're in town before or after, let me know.

maybe we can get guilt tripped for not finishing our plates at another Ethiopian restaurant again.

(AP) OXFORD, Pa. — Obese students at a historically black college near Philadelphia won't have to take a fitness class to graduate after all.

Lincoln University faculty nixed the idea this week amid complaints the so-called "fat course" undermined a school principle of equal treatment.

The school had initiated the policy to address high rates of obesity and diabetes, especially in the African-American community.

About 80 students had gotten e-mails saying they had to take the fitness course to graduate. The plan was to target students with a body mass index of 30 or above. That's considered obese.

The "Fitness for Life" course will instead be suggested to certain students after a freshman wellness class that addresses a number of health issues.

well the little whiners got their way. still, they look silly for only realizing it right before registering for the final semester of classes. unless they were deceived, or misinformed (which i doubt), they just look like the case study irresponsible senior trying to sluff through graduation requirements at the last minute.

According to that BMI chart, I'm a 24, which is in the upper range of "normal," which doesn't surprise me. I weigh more than I look like I do.

I don't feel like I need to lose weight, but I would like to start exercising again. For me, that's just taking a few 20-30 minute walks a week (usually walking to a further-away bus stop after work). I've seriously slacked in that area this past year, and I can tell.

Although some of it just may be due to me being 36 now. Time and gravity are kicking in, ya'll.

(AP) OXFORD, Pa. — Obese students at a historically black college near Philadelphia won't have to take a fitness class to graduate after all.

Lincoln University faculty nixed the idea this week amid complaints the so-called "fat course" undermined a school principle of equal treatment.

The school had initiated the policy to address high rates of obesity and diabetes, especially in the African-American community.

About 80 students had gotten e-mails saying they had to take the fitness course to graduate. The plan was to target students with a body mass index of 30 or above. That's considered obese.

The "Fitness for Life" course will instead be suggested to certain students after a freshman wellness class that addresses a number of health issues.

Only certain students have to take a fitness course? It use to be all students were required to take at least two credit classes in physical education. I chose swimming and dance, for my requirements. Plus, every student had to take Health 101. I also, took a course in Hiking, which was great. We would go to a beautiful state park and hike the trails, along side the river.

That would be borderline scrawny. Are you still able to get the beer stein up to your lips? :D

You really think any German is drinking beer from a stein? :D Every bottle reaches my lips just fine. :)

It is underweight. But it's a genetical thing. Upside is, I don't have to worry about eating or drinking. :drool:

You really think any German is drinking beer from a stein? :D Every bottle reaches my lips just fine. :)

It is underweight. But it's a genetical thing. Upside is, I don't have to worry about eating or drinking. :drool:

True about the upside, but you could gain a few kilos methinks :hug:

Don't worry, you'll fill out a bit. When, you get older. I was a skinny kid, too.

Back
Top Bottom