Tipping Point - Sexual Harassment In America

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ever hear of an active shooter? I hear they're a thing now.
Right, but I certainly didn't have a desk button on me when I worked retail a few years back.

Oddly enough, the first thing they ever did for me at that job was show me a video of what to do with an active shooter running around. "Run. Hide. Fight."

jpLUMET2-jumbo.jpg

Ms. Lumet appears to be an incredibly strong and dignified young woman.

again, last week Mr. Simmons thought he could make this go away,
now he seems to step aside,
I wonder if this is an isolated incident with him?
I read that he was hanging out with Brett Ratner and they were both doing this to women. At the same time, a gruesome sick tag team if you will. So I don't think this was an isolated incident.

Right, but I certainly didn't have a desk button on me when I worked retail a few years back.

Oddly enough, the first thing they ever did for me at that job was show me a video of what to do with an active shooter running around. "Run. Hide. Fight."

Yeah, desk buttons are quite common in certain areas and industries.

the receptionist has one for our entire office that will mag-lock the entrances and we're just a medium sized tech company.

Last edited:
Anybody who has been involved in paying off a victim in the past needs to go immediately. Unfortunately they are dragging their feet with this "broad review" and who knows when the public will actually know the full list of currently serving members of congress who have made such settlements in the past.

What in the ever-loving hell IS it with this psycho? Good lord, he just gets more and more horrific with each new revelation.

Doesn't everyone have their assistants do this?

Seriously though, I don't think he's a psycho. Just your run of the mill sleaze with way, way too much power. If this kind of behaviour was a result of psychosis there would be a lot less of it. Sadly this is what can happen to normal men when they think the world owes them something and they have no one to answer to.

A lot of Laz's out there...meanwhile there's an entire thread dedicated to welcoming him back.

It's odd how people can welcome revolting behavior if they know someone but cast stones at those who are famous but they've had no personal communication with (who are accused or guilty of similar behavior).

What a messed up and hypocritical world.

Last edited:
Laz made a couple of attempts at a shitty joke and was "punished" for it in the context of this site. It has nothing to do with the topic at large.

A lot of Laz's out there...meanwhile there's an entire thread dedicated to welcoming him back.

It's odd how people can welcome revolting behavior if they know someone but cast stones at those who are famous but they've had no personal communication with (who are accused or guilty of similar behavior).

What a messed up and hypocritical world.

Petty and uncalled for...

I have no idea what you’re talking about on the rest of your post, I don’t welcome revolting behavior from anyone.

If Franken wanted to keep his job, he should have denied everything. Even the photo as fake news.

We'll lose one of the good senators (not condoning his past behavior with women), and we'll gain a guy who's a sexual predator towards young girls.

Deny, Deny, Deny

Say you're sorry and you lose your job

Democrats mostly calling for Franken to resign, looks like he might tomorrow.

Republicans funding a child molester by way of comparison.

Heck of a job guys.

Distorting perceptions? Doesn't work with me.

I'm not going to argue with you about whether his shitty joke was "sexual harassment" or not. I don't think it was, it was a joke that would have landed with someone he had a jokey relationship with. He obviously doesn't have that with you, and you had every right to be pissed off about it, and he received repercussions.

Some people, myself included, called Laz out for a shitty failed joke. Those of us who know him wanted to hear what he had to say about the new album, so yes. I said "welcome back."

Last edited:
I'm not going to argue with you about whether his shitty joke was "sexual harassment" or not. I don't think it was, it was a joke that would have landed with someone he had a jokey relationship with. He obviously doesn't have that with you, and you had every right to be pissed off about it, and he received repercussions.

Some people, myself included, called Laz out for a shitty failed joke. Those of us who know him wanted to hear what he had to say about the new album, so yes. I said "welcome back."

Reasonable but questionable response.

I appreciate the level head, though.

The irony and hypocrisy were too glaring. BTW, you're proving my point.
Still waiting to figure out what that point is.

You came into a thread and started comparing Laz to the serial sexual harassers that have been outed of late, I guess as some sort of revenge joke on what he did to you? I'm not sure if there's a point there, other than that you probably should have brought your complaints to diemen rather than hijacking a thread that the poster in question isn't even involved in.

Democrats mostly calling for Franken to resign, looks like he might tomorrow.

Republicans funding a child molester by way of comparison.

Heck of a job guys.

Republicans should absolutely not be helping or endorsing this guy in anyway. They can't keep him from running, but they sure as hell don't have to help him. The funding is all Trump though. He's the head of the party, and once he endorsed Moore the RNC had to fund him. They do what the President says.

That said, I can't exactly say calling on Franken to resign now, after, what, the seventh accuser, is exactly a profile in party courage. Franken, when he resigns, will be immediately be replaced with a Democrat by a Democratic Governor. It doesn't impact the balance of power at all in the Senate.

If Franken were from a state with a GOP Governor, who would appoint a Republican to replace him, then it would take some political courage for Dems to force him out. So if it were say, Bill Nelson in Florida so accused, and Rick Scott would be appointing his replacement, I'm not entirely convinced there would be so many calls for him to step down.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom