Time to fess up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

redhotswami

Blue Crack Addict
Which one of you is this?

bilde

Thomas ‘T.J.' Wells Jr., 20, Fort Wayne
Tattooed supporter of Obama sounds off

Democratic presidential hopeful Sen. Barack Obama owns a piece of T.J. Wells’ heart.

And of his leg.

You may have heard of wearing your heart on your sleeve, but your political convictions on your calf?

That’s what Wells, a culinary arts student-to-be at Indiana University-Purdue University Fort Wayne, has been doing since May 12, after the Illinois senator made a lasting impression on him during a May 4 speech at Headwaters Park.

On May 12, Wells went out and got a full-color portrait of Obama tattooed on the back of his right leg – a place that was chosen, he says, because he can cover it or show it off, depending on how he feels at the moment.

“It’s the first politician that I watched that I felt I could believe. Every politician seems so rehearsed and practiced that it’s not real. I watched him, and I saw the passion in his voice,” Wells says. “It was fun seeing a lot of younger people there, and there was a lot of energy.”

Wells got together with tattoo portraiture artist Ryan Hadley of Studio 13 in Fort Wayne to create the tattoo. Hadley used a campaign photo from a cover of Time magazine as a guide.

Wells, a tattoo virgin until his recent three hours under the needles, says he knew of Hadley’s skills because a friend, Cameron Green of Fort Wayne, had Hadley tattoo two portraits of Civil War generals for him.

“I’ve never seen anyone who could do full portraits like that,” Wells says.

Wells says he got the tattoo not only because Obama might become the history-making first black president of the United States but also because he wanted to commemorate the first time he has been able to vote in a presidential race.

He calls casting his vote for Obama in the primary “kind of exciting because there were people 35 and 40 years old, and they were voting for the first time, too.”

Wells says he’s never heard of anyone else getting an Obama tattoo. Hadley, 30, is proud enough of the one he did for Wells to feature it on his MySpace page.

As for the candidate himself, Obama came down strongly on the issue of tattoos during a campaign stop last week in Oregon.

He’s personally against them. Kinda.

“Uh, I cannot imagine any circumstances in which I would get a tattoo,” the candidate told a reporter from Portland’s alternative newspaper, the Willamette Week.

According to The Swamp, the reporter had asked: “If you had a tattoo, what would it be of and where would you put it?”

Obama then hedged, saying if he were at gunpoint, “then I suppose I’d have to have (my wife) Michelle’s name tattooed. Somewhere very discreet.”

more at the source:
Thomas &#8216_T.J._ Wells Jr._ 20_ Fort Wayne | The Journal Gazette

too bad Obama won't return the favor :(

The dude with the tattoo looks like Sylar from Heroes.

Maybe his plan is to cut off the top of Obama's head and steal his superpowers. Scary.

Another sign of the apocalypse.

"And no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark."

I'm kidding of coarse.

Or am I?

I try to resist some of the annoying habits of my dad, but I can't help it, it's bugging me:

It's "of course" :)
[/spelling police]

As for the guy in the article, if you're going to get a portrait of somebody in current events permanently tattooed onto your body, at least make sure it ends up looking like him.

from second class citizens, duh.

^ hey, INDY, your sig -- what are you "protecting" "traditional" marriage from?

from ballotpedia.org:

Proposition 8 will appear on the November 2008 ballot in California. It is variously known as the Protect Marriage Act, the Same-Sex Marriage Ban or the Limit on Marriage Amendment. If it passes, it will add a new constitutional amendment to the California Constitution that will have the following text: "Only marriage between a man and a woman is valid or recognized in California." The ballot title for the measure says that Prop. 8 "eliminates the right of same-sex couples to marry".

How quaint.

hey, ask martha, who's sig is

sigpic14498_4.gif

what "all" means.

There was a time when "all" didn't include black people. Or women.

Man, those were the days! :love:

Why do civil rights seem to make sense to everybody only AFTER they've been fought for and won? :huh:

Back
Top Bottom