Third Party Will Loose in a Landslide

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

the iron horse

Rock n' Roll Doggie
I will vote Libertarian Tuesday.
Some others will vote libertarian, the Green Party, or the Constitutional Party.

Our candidates will loose,
but it will be the American people who will be the real losers.

My opinion >>>

We willl be losers because the two major parties in power and the mainstream media have shut out the voices of the third parties. We have been led to believe in following leaders and big goverment, not in the individual freedom, responsibility and liberty.

*The only third party candidate ever allowed to participate in the debates was Ross Perot. He had the $$$.

"A government big enough to give you everything is a government big enough to take it all way." ~Barry Goldwater

It's 'lose', not 'loose'...but yes, that's a safe prediction.

Parliamentary systems are generally easier for third parties to make headway in.

but it will be the American people who will be the real losers.

:rolleyes:

We willl be losers because the two major parties in power and the mainstream media have shut out the voices of the third parties. We have been led to believe in following leaders and big goverment, not in the individual freedom, responsibility and liberty.

No one is shutting out third party voices, they are just getting drowned out, big difference. Yes it does take money to campaign and get your name out there :shrug:

Many don't like the two party system, it sucks. But you first need a third party that has some kind of unity in order to get off the ground. The Republican party and Democratic party both have issues with platform unity, but they already have an established party, you can't start that way, you won't get anywhere. And you won't get taken very seriously by whining about media and the power that be, etc for being your downfall.

I've said it over and over in here that the libertarian party has no unity.

Personally I don't see a new viable third party anytime in the future unless one of the two major parties split, which is very likely in the next decade or so.

Splitting votes just keeps the unified party in power longer. It's pointless. It's better to be Ron Paul and try and convince people in the Republican party than vote for a rump party. Just ask the Democrats with Ralph Nader or Perot with the Republicans. Together we stand and divided we fall.

The two-party system as it exists in America makes a degree of sense to me, even if I don't agree with it. As it appears from this distance, both the Democratic and Republican parties are 'big tent coalitions' as the cliche goes. Rather than parties in what I consider the parliamentary sense.

So for example, with the Republicans you have some libertarians, big business conservatives, small-c fiscal conservatives, the Christian Right, the neo-cons, etc etc etc.

In your case, The Iron Horse, what I think you should hope for is that a future, reformed Republican Party controlled by libertarian elements gains office. I think that is very unlikely to happen (note: not the Republican Party regaining, or retaining office per se).

Failing that, a really determined new party should spend thirty or forty years building up an unassailable base from the seemingly endless multitude of partisan offices which exist in America (the county sheriffs, the school board chairs, the town and city councils, then the state congresses...). I cannot see any other way it would occur in the US.

I'm quite happy to have not voted for any of the third-party candidates this year. They're all crazy.

I think that third parties are valuable in general for being an outlet for different ideas, of course the current censorship situation in this country is the result of third parties I say string the bastards from trees and keep the election grounded in reality, or not.

I'm quite happy to have not voted for any of the third-party candidates this year. They're all crazy.

We're not all crazy...

15684218_l.jpg

:wink:

The movie was masturbatory anti-Bush liberalism, I would have liked to have seen a straighter statist versus psychopathic anarchist bend to it.

Well Moore disowns everything, I can't say I blame him, although seeing people at protests wander around in Guy Fawkes masks made in China for a multinational media conglomerate is endlessly amusing.

i find third parties hard to take seriously when i rarely, if ever, have see them on my ballot for anything other than the token presidential nomination.

This is a good article from a left wing perspective which addresses, inter alia, why the establishment are more than happy to keep political power in two parties:

ZNet - Ruling Class Candidate

"........But, as The New York Times' editors certainly know, "they" still "put in who they want to put in" to no small extent. The predominantly white U.S. business and political establishment still makes sure that nobody who questions dominant domestic and imperial hierarchies and doctrines can make a serious ("viable") run for higher office - the presidency, above all. It does this by denying adequate campaign funding (absolutely essential to success in an age of super-expensive, media-driven campaigns) and favorable media treatment (without which a successful campaign is unimaginable at the current stage of corporate media consolidation and power) to candidates who step beyond the narrow boundaries of elite opinion. Thanks to these critical electoral filters and to the legally mandated U.S. winner-take-all "two party" system [2], a candidate who even remotely questions corporate and imperial power is not permitted to make a strong bid for the presidency.

Barack Obama is no exception to the rule. Anyone who thinks he could have risen to power without prior and ongoing ruling class approval is living in a dream world......."

"......Such is the dark authoritarian reality lurking behind the pride and excitement felt by Deddrick Battle and many other poor and black voters who have been inspired by the Obama phenomenon to think that "politics is for them too." President Obama can be counted on to use their new faith in reactionary and imperial ways reflecting hidden allegiance to the timeworn elite principle that really big matters of politics and policy are for the rich and powerful - not ordinary citizens - at the end of the day Obama's job is to keep the restless poor, working class, and global Many safely pacified while serving the needs of the wealthy and imperial Few. It's a deadly juggling act that could have terrible consequences. How long he can maintain the illusion of serving the interests of the people and the elite at one and the same time is an open question......"

Back
Top Bottom