There Will Be Blood - Syria

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
God bless you, Pac Mule. Hope you heal up soon! Good to have you back!

I have never seen a bigger hypocrite than Erdogan.....

He intercepts commercial flights to Syria and forces them to land in Turkey so they can be searched for weapons which might be used against his people.......does anyone say anything about this?...noooooooo....Not a PEEP from the international community.
Did he apologize for inconveniencing the Syrians?....nooooooooo

....but when WE did the same thing in 2010 by stopping the MV Marmara and the other participants in the provocation flotilla which attempted to break our legal blockade of Gaza......the entire world got on its hind legs - including and especially the esteemed Mr. Erdogan. We had every right to stop and inspect these ships in case they were carrying weapons to Hamas (which has already happened twice before). It turns out that these so-called humanitarians on the Marmara came prepared for a fight - they were carrying knives, clubs and small arms which they used against our soldiers who were forced to defend themselves - resulting in the deaths of 9 militants.

The saintly Mr. Erdogan demanded an apology from us and our relationship with Turkey has plummeted to an unprecedented low as a result of their own actions.

So I'm waiting for him to apologize to Syria for "hijacking" their plane (I'm also waiting for my nomination for secretary of state - I wonder which one will happen first).

And by the way.......
"Those who fire on their own people will go down in history as leaders who feed on blood," warned Erdogan, who also referred to Assad by his first name, a show of disrespect. "You are on the same path."
Let him tell that to the Qurds that he's constantly shelling.......

Did I already say "hypocrite"?

Your blockade of Gaza, especially before reforms, was a wildly different matter than the Syrian conflict. Frankly, it really bothers me that you compare the two.

Back
Top Bottom