The War on Terror is a hoax

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The only thing going on was a war, and no one seemed to notice but Yossarian and Dunbar. And when Yossarian tried to remind people, they drew away from him and thought he was crazy.

The only thing going on was civil liberties violations, and no one seemed to notice but me. And when I tried to remind people, they drew away from me and thought I was crazy.

The Taliban is not a terrorist organization, but a movement attempting to unify Afghanistan under Muslim law. The only Americans threatened by the Taliban are the Americans Bush sent to Afghanistan to kill Taliban and to impose a puppet state on the Afghan people.

seriously? :|

Im pretty sure the Taliban had something to do with 9/11...

Here's a good place to start:

Taliban - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Taliban (Pashto: طالبان ṭālibān, also anglicised as Taleban; translation: "students") is a Sunni Islamist, predominately Pashtun Islamic terrorist movement that governed Afghanistan from 1996 until 2001, when its leaders were removed from power by Northern Alliance and NATO forces.

I see the words terrorist movement. But anyways.

Al Qaeda ≠ The Taliban

That's true, but please tell me how much different Al Queada is from the Taliban in terms of beliefs and the things they do...

I see the words terrorist movement. But anyways.

That's true, but please tell me how much different Al Queada is from the Taliban in terms of beliefs and the things they do...

I think the point is to be careful in using them interchangeably. To say the Taliban had a direct link to 9/11 isn't entirely correct...

it wasn't brainwashing at all. or, maybe it was brainwashing, but i view much of the American population as innocent victims of the Bush administration and large swaths of the Republican Party.

Perhaps if this population didn't walk around in a somnabulent state then they wouldn't be "innocent victims". Maybe more focus on World events than World series; maybe question the "news" a bit more; maybe trying to see another perspective would help relieve them of their "innocent victimhood".

Back
Top Bottom