The Truth, Still Inconvenient

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Odd that you don't hear "Aspen," "the Alps," or "Utah" as dog-whistles for "rich white people" which you most certainly would if this article were about tax-rates, immigration or anything other than global warming.

Speaking of which, how many inches of global warming are you getting in D.C. this week?

what are you even talking about? i suppose what really concerns you is going to be the coming water scarcity due to the prolonged droughts and desertification that are in the near future that will affect the poorest of the poor as water becomes an even more valuable commodity than oil?

we have 8 slushy inches. it's going to be 65 degrees in a week and a half. i wore shorts on December 22nd. California is gripped by near catastrophic drought and so is the rest of the southwest. the UK is flooding.

what else?

On another note; ever notice that those that trumpet the catastrophic results of "climate change" are also the loudest voices fighting the two technologies that are actually economically reducing CO2 emissions -- nuclear energy and natural gas produced by fracking. Ever notice that?

Actually, I don't.

I am very much in favour of nuclear energy. Last I heard so was your communist president.

what are you even talking about? i suppose what really concerns you is going to be the coming water scarcity due to the prolonged droughts and desertification that are in the near future that will affect the poorest of the poor as water becomes an even more valuable commodity than oil?

we have 8 slushy inches. it's going to be 65 degrees in a week and a half. i wore shorts on December 22nd. California is gripped by near catastrophic drought and so is the rest of the southwest. the UK is flooding.

what else?

It's nothing new.

Lets not forget that the earth has been in an Ice Age now for 2.5 million years. Were currently in a warm inter-glacial period. In a few thousand years there will be another glacial maximum with 2 mile high ice sheets covering all of Canada, much of the northern United States and all of Ireland and the United Kingdom as well as Northern Europe.

Oh my god, this is the most savage winter on the century!!

$_1.JPG

Except that headline is from 1963. Another reason i love looking through antique stores on the weekend. Go ahead and google winter of 63 by the way and imagine what a field day global warm..., er, climate change alarmists would be having with the death and suffering.

It's no longer really extreme when it starts to become the norm, though, is it?

The norm? It's a big world but in the US in 2013 tornados (strength and number), hurricanes (strength and number) and wild fires were way down.

We haven't had a Cat 5 hurricane in the Atlantic since 2007. Not quite the prediction of Al Gore's movie was it?

The norm? It's a big world but in the US in 2013 tornados (strength and number), hurricanes (strength and number) and wild fires were way down.

We haven't had a Cat 5 hurricane in the Atlantic since 2007. Not quite the prediction of Al Gore's movie was it?

For what it's worth, climate change, in aggregate, has slowed significantly since 1998 or so, to a degree that's been moderately puzzling to scientists, although there are reasonable explanations for it.

This is not a reason to doubt climate change, much as I desperately wish that it were, and that I did not have to deal with this in my future.

Do you even read the article? Sure, the headline sounds juicy, but the article in no way relates to climate change or climate change deniers.

From the article:

The ruling is popularly thought to have convicted scientists for failing to predict an earthquake. On the contrary, as risk assessment expert David Ropeik pointed out, the trial was actually about the failure of scientists to clearly communicate risks to the public. The convicted parties were accused of providing “inexact, incomplete and contradictory information”.

Crucially, the scientists, when consulted about ongoing tremors in the region, did not conclude that a devastating earthquake was impossible in L’Aquila. But, when the Defence Minister held a press conference saying there was no danger, they made no attempt to correct him.

I didn't much care for living in Chicago. Traffic was nearly constantly horrendous, and it was a bit too crowded/flat/sprawling for my tastes.

That said, for a fun day/night out, Chicago is a great town.

At first I thought that you were going to complain about Chicago's harsh winters and overall cold weather.

The reality about climate change is that cold areas will keep getting colder and hot areas will keep getting hotter.
Chicago is a victim to this given the continuous lower temperature records being registered every year.

Back
Top Bottom