The theory of gender neutrality

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah, this is a whole other issue. There are other people who were reassigned at or near birth due to ambiguous genitalia. Doctors pressure the parents to pick a gender for their children, which led to issues as they grew up. These days more people are waiting to do these surgeries until their children can consent.

Here is an article on the controversy: http://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2014/07/should-we-fix-intersex-children/373536/

David Peter Reimer (August 22, 1965 – May 5, 2004) was a Canadian man who was born biologically male. However, he was sexually reassigned and raised as female after his penis was accidentally destroyed during circumcision.

Hah..."gender neutrality"? More like a very good reason why routine male circumcision is a bad idea.

I'm sure if you look hard enough, you can find a suicide victim in any sort of life situation.

I don't see any point to this thread at all.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Exactly

The same thread starter also started the thread about Robin Williams, though he didn't make a judgement that he was a victim of comedy, white, straight, cross dressing, or looking like Bono.

Speaks volumes...

This case was probably not as I though initially, and as Melon says, quite probably has more to do with a medical operation and its tragic results.

But as for BVS's point re the Robin Williams thread, wtf, I posted that sad news because I saw it on Twitter, I literally didn't have time to post any comments in it since. What is one supposed to say about Robin Williams anyway? It seems to be an unfortunate case of a talented and much-loved actor with some personal problems. :huh:

And David was an intelligent, well loved individual who didn't ask for the accident and lies in his life.

He is not a political issue, and definitely not this one.

Back
Top Bottom