The Queen Still the Face of $5

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Someone post that gif where you can watch her age through updated currency pictures.

Sent from my XT1575 using U2 Interference mobile app

You're in for a disappointment as they've changed the coins maybe all of four times, maybe five. I once dug up a 1953 penny from a garden, trippy.

Aren't we just lucky to not have her on all our stamps any more.

I've got a ton of UK stamps in an album somewhere, all of them with the Queen on them. Probably worth a bit now.

You know stamps are legal tender. You give that to a bus driver, he has to accept it.

Oh no, for real, I had a pretty good stamp collection going when I was like 12. A ton of it came from these bags full of random world stamps that the supermarket sold, though.

A shit-ton of UK stamps, Eire, Poland, Chezchoslovakia (as it was then), Romania, et cetera. All worth nothing at all.

I have basically the same thing lurking in a drawer somewhere. By "somewhere" I mean "I know exactly where, and have not glanced at it since I last moved".

Nor, for that matter, have I thought to use it to pay the bus driver.

So my call of bullshit was, in fact, correct?

(You may safely assume that if there is a TV show or movie, I have probably not seen it.)

The bit about stamps being legal tender (they are, but not like that). Oh The Office (British version), nearly anyone should have a look at that. It's only 12 episodes long.

The exception to my bracketed comment above is usually British comedies, but in the case of The Office, not yet. I know, I know. One day.

Ah, The Thick of It. I thought I couldn't love Yes Minister more, and then I discovered I could get it in a Scottish accent with excessive profanity.

One day I'll get around to actually getting this tea towel:

I didn't realise there were so many variations out there; on our coins it's been maybe four different heads-in-profile over the course of sixty years.

I knew there was a gif:

KYtQRKz.jpg

Isn't there a statue within the Bank of England that states that when the Queen dies, all sterling pound bills of all denominations will change to reflect the new King/Queen?

It is something worthy to consider of to get rid of the couple of sterling pound bills that I have... hedging against the US dollar.

Back
Top Bottom