The Milk Man Cometh

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AliEnvy

Refugee
Jeffrey Smith: You're Appointing Who? Please Obama, Say It's Not So!

If GMOs are indeed responsible for massive sickness and death, then the individual who oversaw the FDA policy that facilitated their introduction holds a uniquely infamous role in human history. That person is Michael Taylor. He had been Monsanto's attorney before becoming policy chief at the FDA. Soon after, he became Monsanto's vice president and chief lobbyist.

This month Michael Taylor became the senior advisor to the commissioner of the FDA. He is now America's food safety czar. What have we done?

Scary.

Although I had hoped that this would be a thread that would permit me to rant against the dairy lobby and dairy industry in general. It's an absolute outrage that we should have dairy as a distinct and necessary food group on the food pyramid.

/back to your regularly scheduled Monsanto bashing.

You can have my cheese when you pry it from my etc etc etc.

That being said, I watched The Corporation a few months ago, and the segment on Monsanto finally made me make the switch to organic milk.

I have no issue with dairy being available for purchase.

It should not be on the food pyramid. It should not be just about the only food subsidized by the government to be pushed on school kids. And the dairy industry should not receive the enormous, absurd subsidies that they do.

You can still buy your cheese and ice cream though. :lol:

I slipped in and watched the last 30 minutes of the documentary, Food, Inc.

And they were showing how Mosanto had people placed high up in all the Administrations and in Congress. Something like 92% of all soy beans are genetically modified seed with the pesticide in it. They are using their attorneys to shut down and ruin any organic growers. Apparently any GM seeds that blow in to the organic crops give Monsanto rights to the crops.

And they were showing how Mosanto had people placed high up in all the Administrations and in Congress.

Aside from the evil of big agribusiness, it was moreso this government corruption I wanted to point out. I imagine it's always been this way to some degree but it just seems so overt nowadays and clearly NOT serving the public interest in any way, shape or form. Just the opposite actually.

It also exposes Obama's claims to limit lobbying in DC as a blatant lie.

I hope the Monsantos of the world face the fate of the Philip Morris' and are forced to contribute big bucks to health care. Also hope it doesn't take as long.

Back
Top Bottom