The legacy of President George W. Bush - Page 40 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 11-18-2010, 11:24 AM   #586
Blue Crack Addict
 
PhilsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Standing on the shore, facing east.
Posts: 18,858
Local Time: 06:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond View Post
Wrong.

If you follow Yolland's example, she is very tactful in stating her disagreements.

There is a way to converse and reason civilly with out hate on message boards.

<>
I agree, but you'll still call them haters anyway.
__________________

__________________
PhilsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 11:32 AM   #587
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Tempe, Az USA
Posts: 12,856
Local Time: 04:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadiens1131 View Post
Like making cryptic, one-sentence posts with links to unreliable sources?

Brevity is the essence of wit.

<>
__________________

__________________
diamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 11:33 AM   #588
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Tempe, Az USA
Posts: 12,856
Local Time: 04:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilsFan View Post
I agree, but you'll still call them haters anyway.


Contempt is easily identifiable.


<>
__________________
diamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 03:37 PM   #589
Blue Crack Addict
 
PhilsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Standing on the shore, facing east.
Posts: 18,858
Local Time: 06:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond View Post
Brevity is the essence of wit.

<>
But it only works if you're able to communicate well while employing brevity. Your posts leave a lot to be desired. I'd prefer you post longer so that I can see where your logic comes from.

Because I really, really don't get it.
__________________
PhilsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 03:38 PM   #590
Blue Crack Addict
 
PhilsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Standing on the shore, facing east.
Posts: 18,858
Local Time: 06:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond View Post


Contempt is easily identifiable.


<>
I hate poor logic. My roommate can tell you that the only time I ever get angry with anyone is when poor logic is used.

(Like him talking about football. He thinks the quarterback is the only position that matters. It's infuriating.)
__________________
PhilsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 09:29 AM   #591
Blue Crack Addict
 
MrsSpringsteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 24,974
Local Time: 06:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond View Post
misandrists usually hate < misogynists.
<>
Why don't you quit it with the cryptic (and not so cryptic) statements and labeling, since you appear to be setting yourself up as some sort of paragon of civility. Just because I disagreed with your premise about Bill Clinton? Doesn't make me a "hater" or a "misandrist" just because you say so.
__________________
MrsSpringsteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 12:04 PM   #592
Blue Crack Addict
 
MrsSpringsteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 24,974
Local Time: 06:47 AM
Happy Thanksgiving


__________________
MrsSpringsteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 09:38 PM   #593
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
the iron horse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: in a glass of CheerWine
Posts: 3,251
Local Time: 06:47 AM
He signed on to banning the Edison light bulb.

Fluorescent Vs. Incandescent Light Bulb Laws | eHow.com
__________________
the iron horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 02:39 PM   #594
Blue Crack Addict
 
MrsSpringsteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 24,974
Local Time: 06:47 AM
George W. Bush Worried That America Is Becoming 'Nativist' (VIDEO)

Former U.S. President George W. Bush said recently that he was concerned that the country was headed down a slippery slope toward adopting a "nativist" national mindset, harkening back to a period of xenophobia that he said was prominent in the America of the 1920s.

Speaking at a forum at Southern Methodist University last month, Bush said that he had faith a "rational immigration policy" would eventually be passed, but not for a while. The reason he believed this, he said, was because the nation as growing increasingly resistant to outside influences.

"What's interesting about our country, if you study history, is that there are some 'isms' that occasionally pop up. One is isolationism and its evil twin protectionism and its evil triplet nativism. So if you study the '20s, for example, there was an American-first policy that said, 'Who cares what happens in Europe?'" Bush said. "And there was an immigration policy that I think during this period argued we had too many Jews and too many Italians, therefore we should have no immigrants. And my point is that we've been through this kind of period of isolationism, protectionism and nativism. I'm a little concerned that we may be going through the same period. I hope that these 'isms' pass."




One of the comments on this story...

"How depressing is it that George W. Bush is now a voice of reason and moderation in the GOP"



I just want to know how he came up with all of that
__________________
MrsSpringsteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 03:53 PM   #595
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,471
Local Time: 06:47 AM
one of W's two or three moments of sanity was in regards to immigration. it's too bad that the GOP is now championing a "papers, please" approach.
__________________
Irvine511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 04:19 PM   #596
Self-righteous bullshitter
 
BoMac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Soviet Canuckistan — Socialist paradise
Posts: 16,661
Local Time: 07:47 AM
Debate: George W. Bush ordered torture. He’s a war criminal | Full Comment | National Post
__________________

BoMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 07:56 PM   #597
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: The American Resistance
Posts: 4,754
Local Time: 05:47 AM
Obama lets states opt out of No Child Left Behind - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

Quote:
Obama lets states opt out of No Child Left Behind

President Obama unveiled the most significant changes to U.S. education policy in a decade, using his executive authority to give states more flexibility to opt out of some provisions of the controversial No Child Left Behind program that was a signature initiative of President George W. Bush.
Good and let this be a lesson for conservatives. Federal involvement in education has been a disaster since the inception of the Dept of Education. What a great place for our next president to shrink the government by returning education development and funding back to the states and dismantling the Dept of Education Leviathan.
__________________
INDY500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 09:44 AM   #598
Refugee
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Tel-Aviv, Israel
Posts: 1,300
Local Time: 11:47 AM
The best thing for me was the dedication of the 9/11 memorial in NYC. Obama got up to speak and nothing happened....GWB got up to speak and he was greeted by applause.

That made me feel really good.

It is my opinion that GWB is one of the most misunderstood presidents in U.S. history and only future generations will come to truly appreciate what a great man he was and the great things he did for the country.
__________________
AchtungBono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 11:29 AM   #599
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: London/Sydney
Posts: 6,608
Local Time: 12:47 PM
I think (already) people have measured their opinions of Bush, 'calmed down', in a way. So, not the devil incarnate, just an incurious guy with a terrible management style and some truly fucking awful and incompetent people underneath him, and that combination led to some terrible things. Those people underneath him - like Cheney, Rumsfeld - will never see reputational rehabilitation (nor should they), but I think Bush will be able to go a long way to rehabilitating his personal reputation, but never his Presidency. I can't even imagine what 'great' things you could claim he did for the US.
__________________
Earnie Shavers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 01:01 PM   #600
Blue Crack Addict
 
PhilsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Standing on the shore, facing east.
Posts: 18,858
Local Time: 06:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AchtungBono View Post
It is my opinion that GWB is one of the most misunderstood presidents in U.S. history and only future generations will come to truly appreciate what a great man he was and the great things he did for the country.
Based on absolutely nothing other than the fact that you think he bombed the shit out of the right people.

Go Israel, am I right!?
__________________

__________________
PhilsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com