The legacy of President George W. Bush - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login

Old 07-11-2007, 05:40 PM   #46
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 08:02 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by struckpx

how can you not? Clinton's administration did nothing to stop the advance of al-Qaeda, when it could have ended it.

nothing like tossing a few missles into the Sudan.

does the rise of Al-Qaeda have to do with Clinton adminstration failures? absolutely. should Clinton have taken the 1993 WTC bombing more seriously than he did? probably. did the Bush administration walk into the WH in January of 2001 and not want to hear about terrorism and instead pick fights with China (remember that spy plane thing?) absolutely. did the Bush administration -- along with the CIA -- utterly fail the American people on 9-11? absolutely.

what is 9-11 if not the failure of government to keep Americans safe.

Old 07-11-2007, 05:40 PM   #47
Acrobat

Local Time: 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar
Wow. Just wow...
i know. i am amazed at clinton's administration as well. pathetic regarding our national security.

Old 07-11-2007, 05:50 PM   #48
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

i know. i am amazed at clinton's administration as well. pathetic regarding our national security.

maybe you could expand your reading and plagiarize from other sources?
Old 07-11-2007, 05:50 PM   #49
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 07:02 AM
Quote:

No, I'm just amazed that you think it just popped up out of nowhere during Clinton's admin. You seem to have forgotten that we armed them at one time during the 80's, and that W didn't take any threat seriously either until after 9/11.

But yeah, let's blame it all on Clinton. Short sightedness is one step away from blindness.
Old 07-11-2007, 05:53 PM   #50
Acrobat

Quote:

No, I'm just amazed that you think it just popped up out of nowhere during Clinton's admin. You seem to have forgotten that we armed them at one time during the 80's, and that W didn't take any threat seriously either until after 9/11.

But yeah, let's blame it all on Clinton. Short sightedness is one step away from blindness.
Why then should we blame Bush for the 8 months that he was in office. All of us know that it takes months to get new policies in place from old ones. Almost everyone here is blaming Bush, yet he had only been on the job 8 months. Very little can be done in that amount of time. Clinton had 8 years.
Old 07-11-2007, 05:58 PM   #51
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

Why then should we blame Bush for the 8 months that he was in office. All of us know that it takes months to get new policies in place from old ones. Almost everyone here is blaming Bush, yet he had only been on the job 8 months. Very little can be done in that amount of time. Clinton had 8 years.

and very little is what was done during those 8 months. i'm not going to let Clinton off the hook, not at all. but the record clearly shows that when the Bush team took over, they were disinterested in terrorism and wanted to focus on Russia and China. Condi Rice was one of the foremost experts on the Soviet Union.

and we still can't get around the August memo of "Bin Laden Determined to Attack in the US."

do you have any criticisms of Bush? or just rationalizations disguised as Clinton criticisms?
Old 07-11-2007, 06:00 PM   #52
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by Irvine511

and very little is what was done during those 8 months. i'm not going to let Clinton off the hook, not at all. but the record clearly shows that when the Bush team took over, they were disinterested in terrorism and wanted to focus on Russia and China. Condi Rice was one of the foremost experts on the Soviet Union.

and we still can't get around the August memo of "Bin Laden Determined to Attack in the US."

do you have any criticisms of Bush? or just rationalizations disguised as Clinton criticisms?
Exactly...
Old 07-11-2007, 06:09 PM   #53
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by ramblin rose
The only thing that gives me hope is that most of the staunch Bush supporters and lifelong Republicans that I know and that supported Bush in the last two elections are now backing various Democratic candidates in 2008.
But Bush isn't running in '08, obviously.

Are your solid Republican friends supporting Hillary/Obama as a protest vote? Do they feel like Hillary will sort out the war mess much differently than Giuliani/Thompson/Romney? Maybe your GOP buddies are just waiting for Newt Gingrich to jump into the race
Old 07-11-2007, 06:27 PM   #54
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:

how so? there have been no terrorist attacks here since he became president. 9/11 is directly related to clinton and his failures to do anything about it. i would call that a huge success. have you not read about the different plots that have been foiled? or are you to high to read anything positive about bush?
this is the most genuinely stupid post i've read here since i first started posting more than seven years ago.
Old 07-11-2007, 06:30 PM   #55
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Bluer White

But Bush isn't running in '08, obviously.

Are your solid Republican friends supporting Hillary/Obama as a protest vote? Do they feel like Hillary will sort out the war mess much differently than Giuliani/Thompson/Romney? Maybe your GOP buddies are just waiting for Newt Gingrich to jump into the race
To be honest, I am very shocked to hear some of them say they are supporting Hillary and Obama, especially when I haven't even decided who I'm backing.

I don't think it is a protest vote, I think they're honestly disillussioned with the Republican party as a whole.

Believe me, to hear them say things like "we judged Clinton too harshly" makes me lightheaded. We're talking staunch Cuban American Republicans. I don't think it's only about the war, I think it's everything, it's hearing all this preaching about morality only to find these preacher politicians involved in sex scandals. I think these last 8 years has just been too much for most people.

Well, except for people like Struck. Not sure what country he's been living in, then again he was 8 or so when Bush went into office.
Old 07-11-2007, 06:32 PM   #56
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally posted by Zoomerang96

this is the most genuinely stupid post i've read here since i first started posting 7 more than seven years ago.
oh really? how is that?
Old 07-11-2007, 06:34 PM   #57
Acrobat

Quote:

maybe you could expand your reading and plagiarize from other sources?
i didn't plagiarize. i quoted pages from another article.
Old 07-11-2007, 06:35 PM   #58
Acrobat

Quote:

yes, but none of them have been addressed, other than the israel/palestine conflict. do you have any agreements with bush?
Old 07-11-2007, 06:38 PM   #59
Acrobat

Quote:

i didn't forget that. however, clinton and the CIA new exactly where about bin Laden was, and had the opportunity to kill him, but Clinton froze.
Old 07-11-2007, 07:00 PM   #60
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Zoomerang96
this is the most genuinely stupid post i've read here since i first started posting more than seven years ago.
Over the line.

μελετώ αποτυγχάνειν. -- Διογένης της Σινώπης
yolland is offline   Reply With Quote