The legacy of President George W. Bush - Page 30 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login

Old 02-11-2010, 12:40 PM   #436
Refugee

Local Time: 10:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
wow, guess what, you go through threads and pull up posts of mine from weeks ago and cut-and-paste your usual antagonistic bullshit. .
LOL, I entered this one thread on the legacy of George W. Bush and responded TO ONE POST! There was nothing ataganoistic about what I said. Just discussing the issues. Unfortunately, you can't seem to discuss issues without making false, inaccurate, and absurd comments about other forum members which have NOTHING to do with the issues.

Quote:
it isn't intended to start any sort of debate or discussion, it's intended to try and get a rise out of me.
Again, what I discuss are the issues. What you like to discuss are the alleged posting habbits of other people as your most recent post once again proves.

Quote:
perhaps you feel the need to try and score some make-up points because i used to take the time to dismantle and destroy your "arguments" over the years.
LOL, usually what would happen is that after failing to do just that, you would turn your focus on the poster with tons of labling, name calling, and comments about the poster rather than the issue being discussed, just as you are doing here.

I can bring up plenty of examples if you like.

Quote:
i added you to my Ignore List -- the only person, ever -- well over a year ago, and i have almost never respond to in any direct way for well over a year, and on the rare occasion that i do, it's because i've had a slip in judgment and given in to your antagonism.
This post by you is an example of antagonism. Discussing issues in this forum is not considered to be antaganistic. Discussing posters and their alleged posting habbits as you like to do, as well as labling them, is antaganistic behavior.

Quote:
you can obviously do what you like, and this is a public message board, but i am asking you to please leave me alone.
Well, if I'm really on your ignore list, I don't see how this is an issue.

Old 02-11-2010, 01:13 PM   #437
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:30 AM
Strongbow, it's extremely dishonest of you to say that you're not antagonistic. You post lies as fact to get a rise out of people.

Old 02-11-2010, 01:21 PM   #438
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilsFan View Post
Strongbow, it's extremely dishonest of you to say that you're not antagonistic. You post lies as fact to get a rise out of people.
I don't post lies, I post facts and opinions. I focus on the issues. Thats not antagonistic. Focusing on other people and making irrelevant and unnecessary comments about other people is antagonistic.
Old 02-11-2010, 01:39 PM   #439
Blue Crack Addict

I consider your posts a personal attack on my intelligence. Personal attacks are against the rules, so I suggest you look in your own backyard.

I'm probably going to join Irvine in putting you on my Ignore List.
Old 02-11-2010, 03:26 PM   #440
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 04:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongbow View Post
LOL, I entered this one thread on the legacy of George W. Bush and responded TO ONE POST! There was nothing ataganoistic about what I said. Just discussing the issues. Unfortunately, you can't seem to discuss issues without making false, inaccurate, and absurd comments about other forum members which have NOTHING to do with the issues.

Again, what I discuss are the issues. What you like to discuss are the alleged posting habbits of other people as your most recent post once again proves.

LOL, usually what would happen is that after failing to do just that, you would turn your focus on the poster with tons of labling, name calling, and comments about the poster rather than the issue being discussed, just as you are doing here.

I can bring up plenty of examples if you like.

This post by you is an example of antagonism. Discussing issues in this forum is not considered to be antaganistic. Discussing posters and their alleged posting habbits as you like to do, as well as labling them, is antaganistic behavior.

Well, if I'm really on your ignore list, I don't see how this is an issue.
Jesus, Sting. Drop it already. It's ok to relent and let an issue drop without having said your piece. Irvine has asked you to leave him alone. It would be great if you could honor that request.

And for the record:

Quote:
Discussing issues in this forum is not considered to be antaganistic.
It most certainly can be, depending of course on how you're discussing the issues.
Old 02-11-2010, 03:27 PM   #441
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyH View Post
All I know is that if Obama and Reid and Pelosi had had their way in Iraq, Saddam and his sons would still be raping women, gassing the Kurds, and proliferating weapons to our enemies.
Stay classy.
Old 02-11-2010, 04:29 PM   #442
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
All I know is that if Obama and Reid and Pelosi had had their way in Iraq, Saddam and his sons would still be raping women, gassing the Kurds, and proliferating weapons to our enemies.
Wow, you're 2 for 2 on really informed well thought out posts in FYM...
Old 02-11-2010, 04:39 PM   #443
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
No.
Old 02-11-2010, 06:58 PM   #444
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemen View Post
Jesus, Sting. Drop it already. It's ok to relent and let an issue drop without having said your piece. Irvine has asked you to leave him alone.
I haven't done anything wrong. I simply responded to a post like everyone in here does and got attacked for it. There is nothing wrong with responding to a post on an issue that I either agree or disagree with.

There is something wrong with making false personal comments about other members of the forum.

If I'm indeed on anyone's ignore list, I don't see how any of this would be an issue.

Quote:
It most certainly can be, depending of course on how you're discussing the issues.
Maybe, but there are far more things, that get posted, that don't involve issues, are comments about forum members, are clearly antagonistic, and are often ignored.
Old 02-11-2010, 07:14 PM   #445
Refugee

Strongbow rarely, if ever, posts smears or personal attacks. It's not Strongbow's fault that his (unpopular and lengthy) opinions are not well received here.

I hope he sticks around
Old 02-12-2010, 06:00 PM   #446
you are what you is

Local Time: 11:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluer White View Post
Strongbow rarely, if ever, posts smears or personal attacks.
neither do I, but I can still be an annoying twerp too busy to repeat myself ad nauseum to even care what the rest of the world is on about

the bush legacy
sounds like a euphemism for an std
one leaves a burning sting that lasts longer though
“Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.”
~Frank Zappa
Salome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 02:47 PM   #447
Refugee

Quote:
Strongbow rarely, if ever, posts smears or personal attacks. It's not Strongbow's fault that his (unpopular and lengthy) opinions are not well received here.
Old 02-13-2010, 04:30 PM   #448
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:30 AM
I'd like to say I want to stay on the topic of the Bush legacy.

But I will add that any of us can choose to ignore or respond to any particular post at anytime.

This place works best when people feel free to express their opinions and they are able to do it in a way that others can at least understand why they have that point of view. The need to score points or approach every topic as if it is a debate contest, where one must prevail and vanquish the other, is just driving down the participation in these forums.

If someone will take the time to throw up a 5000 word thesis, setting up a number premises, to arrive at a conclusion that suits them.
Why is it a surprise that a 5000 word rebuttal will get a 15000 word counter argument, with rebuttals and additional premises to achieve the desired conclusion.
Old 04-28-2010, 07:13 PM   #449
Blue Crack Addict

I'm going to start saving up for the signed clothbound copy. I hope there are more poisoning stories in that one too

AP updated 9:45 a.m. ET, Tues., April 27, 2010

The publisher of former President George W. Bush's book "Decision Points" on Sunday set a Nov. 9 release date, unveiled its cover design and announced new details about it.

Bush has said he is not writing a traditional memoir but an account of key decisions in his life.

The cover features a photo of then-President Bush alone with his thoughts, standing in the Rose Garden Colonnade, wearing a dark suit and holding a briefing book, his head turned slightly from the camera.

A candid account?
According to Crown Publishers, "Decision Points" will offer "gripping, never-before-heard detail" on such historic events as the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks and the 2000 presidential election along with Bush's decision to quit drinking, his relationship with his family and other personal details.

"Since leaving the Oval Office, President Bush has given virtually no interviews or public speeches about his presidency," Crown said in a statement. "Instead, he has spent almost every day writing 'Decision Points,' a strikingly personal and candid account revealing how and why he made the defining decisions in his consequential presidency and personal life."

A publishing industry source familiar with the book said that Bush had completed a first draft and was editing the manuscript on a computer at his office in Dallas. A former White House speech writer, Chris Michel, is helping with research. The source was unsure whether Bush had compared notes with his wife, Laura Bush, whose memoir comes out May 4.

The source asked not to be identified because the book had not been released.

'Writes honestly and directly'
As president, Bush was known for not acknowledging errors, but Crown said that he "writes honestly and directly about his flaws and mistakes, as well as his historic achievements in reforming education, providing life-saving treatments for HIV/AIDS and malaria for millions of people in Africa, safeguarding the country from another terrorist attack, and other areas."

The book will have a list price of $35. One thousand signed, clothbound copies will be available, priced at $350 each.

The former president will promote "Decision Points" through a national tour, although Crown, a division of Random House Inc., said no details were available.
Old 04-28-2010, 07:23 PM   #450
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:30 AM
Quote:
The cover features a photo of then-President Bush alone with his thoughts, standing in the Rose Garden Colonnade, wearing a dark suit and holding a briefing book, his head turned slightly from the camera, listening for the voice of God.