The legacy of President George W. Bush

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hot pics for <>

CLINTON-AND-BUSH-large.jpg

clinton_bush_hermes.jpg

What can I say, haters gonna hate. We could never dream of rising to your level of peace and love perfection incarnated in human form. That's what we're all here to do-hate, hate, hate. Just not you :)

I dislike Bristol's dancing and I would never watch one minute of her mother's "reality" show. But I'm just an angry misogynistic left winger out to take down Sarah Palin.

Old former presidents seem to go to this special club where they all become buddy-buddy and cordial and forget about all the positive / negative shit they or their colleagues have done in the position.

Kind of the "respect for the office" thing that will result in former presidents never being held accountable for bad shit that went down during their reign.

Weird though, because I have a feeling if a Democrat had overseen the imperialisation of the Office of the POTUS, as Bush did, we'd be sitting through a long, drawn out process of inquests.

Republicans love inquests, and "holding people accountable", while not really legislating much.

There's your next two years in Congress guys.

Old former presidents seem to go to this special club where they all become buddy-buddy and cordial and forget about all the positive / negative shit they or their colleagues have done in the position.

Not entirely true. Clinton and Carter have chimed in while GOP Presidents have been in office offering their unsolicited advice.
Past GOP Presidents have never offered their unsolicited advice to sitting Democrat Presidents.

Further, Carter despises Clinton, and the Gores don't care for Clinton much either.
Also, it's beginning to surface that the Obamas and Clintons are not chummy-it's all for show.
Time will tell on this one.

I do think the past GOP Presidents have more respect for the offices of POTUS.

This is why GW has remained quiet while Obama has floundered.

<>

Also, it's beginning to surface that Obamas and Clintons are not chummy-it's all for show.
Oh, I had a feeling that was the case and that the hostility between the camps never disappeared after the 2008 Democratic primaries.

Hilliary / Bill dove into some tactics and language in that race that would have made even Karl Rove amused. I'll be the first one to say that whole national Obooma "he's not like one of us, he's not from here" meme started with those guys, before the Republicans picked it up during the main race and, uh, ever since then.

I still think it's kind of funny Obams shuffled HilHil off to Secretary of State to kick the can around for a couple of years as a consolation prize.

You can't criticize someone without being a hater!

Just another reason why the Internet blows.

Wrong.

If you follow Yolland's example, she is very tactful in stating her disagreements.

There is a way to converse and reason civilly with out hate on message boards.

<>

Brevity is the essence of wit.

<>
But it only works if you're able to communicate well while employing brevity. Your posts leave a lot to be desired. I'd prefer you post longer so that I can see where your logic comes from.

Because I really, really don't get it.

Contempt is easily identifiable.

<>
I hate poor logic. My roommate can tell you that the only time I ever get angry with anyone is when poor logic is used.

(Like him talking about football. He thinks the quarterback is the only position that matters. It's infuriating.)

misandrists usually hate < misogynists.
<>

Why don't you quit it with the cryptic (and not so cryptic) statements and labeling, since you appear to be setting yourself up as some sort of paragon of civility. Just because I disagreed with your premise about Bill Clinton? Doesn't make me a "hater" or a "misandrist" just because you say so.

George W. Bush Worried That America Is Becoming 'Nativist' (VIDEO)

Former U.S. President George W. Bush said recently that he was concerned that the country was headed down a slippery slope toward adopting a "nativist" national mindset, harkening back to a period of xenophobia that he said was prominent in the America of the 1920s.

Speaking at a forum at Southern Methodist University last month, Bush said that he had faith a "rational immigration policy" would eventually be passed, but not for a while. The reason he believed this, he said, was because the nation as growing increasingly resistant to outside influences.

"What's interesting about our country, if you study history, is that there are some 'isms' that occasionally pop up. One is isolationism and its evil twin protectionism and its evil triplet nativism. So if you study the '20s, for example, there was an American-first policy that said, 'Who cares what happens in Europe?'" Bush said. "And there was an immigration policy that I think during this period argued we had too many Jews and too many Italians, therefore we should have no immigrants. And my point is that we've been through this kind of period of isolationism, protectionism and nativism. I'm a little concerned that we may be going through the same period. I hope that these 'isms' pass."

One of the comments on this story...

"How depressing is it that George W. Bush is now a voice of reason and moderation in the GOP"

I just want to know how he came up with all of that :wink:

one of W's two or three moments of sanity was in regards to immigration. it's too bad that the GOP is now championing a "papers, please" approach.

Obama lets states opt out of No Child Left Behind - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

Obama lets states opt out of No Child Left Behind

President Obama unveiled the most significant changes to U.S. education policy in a decade, using his executive authority to give states more flexibility to opt out of some provisions of the controversial No Child Left Behind program that was a signature initiative of President George W. Bush.

Good and let this be a lesson for conservatives. Federal involvement in education has been a disaster since the inception of the Dept of Education. What a great place for our next president to shrink the government by returning education development and funding back to the states and dismantling the Dept of Education Leviathan.

The best thing for me was the dedication of the 9/11 memorial in NYC. Obama got up to speak and nothing happened....GWB got up to speak and he was greeted by applause.

That made me feel really good.

It is my opinion that GWB is one of the most misunderstood presidents in U.S. history and only future generations will come to truly appreciate what a great man he was and the great things he did for the country.

I think (already) people have measured their opinions of Bush, 'calmed down', in a way. So, not the devil incarnate, just an incurious guy with a terrible management style and some truly fucking awful and incompetent people underneath him, and that combination led to some terrible things. Those people underneath him - like Cheney, Rumsfeld - will never see reputational rehabilitation (nor should they), but I think Bush will be able to go a long way to rehabilitating his personal reputation, but never his Presidency. I can't even imagine what 'great' things you could claim he did for the US.

It is my opinion that GWB is one of the most misunderstood presidents in U.S. history and only future generations will come to truly appreciate what a great man he was and the great things he did for the country.
Based on absolutely nothing other than the fact that you think he bombed the shit out of the right people.

Go Israel, am I right!?

Back
Top Bottom