The legacy of President George W. Bush

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:up:
the USA Major Political Parties Map

btw.....uh, um....? Strongbow.....et al.......

We Dems WON 11 Bush /Republican States...... .. along with our expected wins.

We have a MANDATE !

With SUCH an outpouring of voters the Neo-cons couldn't steal it THIS time! :yes: :applaud: :applaud:

oh, and PGV ....
I don't expect Obama to do everything I'd like him to change from W & dick's Admin, nor start up some of the things I'd him to, or that the Dem Congress will promote.....

SO I know I'll be upset with him, feel pretty good, and absolutely be very happy with some of what he will do/promote (setting tone etc) over the next 8 years. :)

But he's already changed things that make me ecstatic!
So off to a good start in many ways! :yes:

Bin Laden is still living and breathing.

George W. FAILED

Please see my reply in "The Open Letter to George Bush" and that may make people understand my feelings for W. and this from an ex republican

I'd like to see this..

Actress Pia Glenn's sultry lap dance - and red panties - steal Bush-spoof show

BY JOANNA MOLLOY and MEREDITH KOLODNER
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITERS

Monday, February 2nd 2009, 6:05 PM

Will Ferrell's spoof of former President George Bush may be the hottest ticket in town, but it's a lap-dancing Condoleezza Rice - and her red panties - that steal the show.

The Broadway play features 90 minutes of hilarious presidential flubs and flashbacks - and a five-minute skit that shows Bush fantasizing about an X-rated relationship with Rice, his secretary of state.

Actress Pia Glenn, channeling a super-sultry Rice, appears on stage out of the mist just as a presidential-looking Ferrell reminisces about his cabinet.

She is clad in a skintight, siren-red business suit and 3-inch heels as she bumps and grinds her way around Bush and the presidential desk.

Glenn, 32, who won wide acclaim for her singing role in "Spamalot," managed to thrill Sunday's preview crowds at "You're Welcome America: A Final Night with George W. Bush" without saying a single word.

Asked to describe the most challenging part of her role, the Long Island native who attended New York University answered, "Nothing, it's a dream," as she slipped into the Cort Theatre for a matinee performance.

Audience members, who were shrieking with delight during the performance, said the 6-foot-1 beauty made it look effortless.

"She was spot on," said David Burstein, 20, who traveled from Philadelphia to see the show. "Her entrance was fantastic. She sort of steals the show."

The scene is a riff about just how close the former President was to Rice - especially after the unmarried secretary of state made a slip at a media-saturated dinner party in 2004.

She reportedly began a story with, "As I was telling my husb ...," and then stopped herself abruptly before resuming, "As I was telling President Bush."

Glenn takes it to the next level, as she slides seductively around Bush - legs splayed - and he warms his hands off the heat from her red panties.

"It was dead-on perfect," said Joe Crock, 21, a librarian from Baltimore. "The girl's got moves. I've never seen a hotter relationship in my life."

"You're Welcome America," which is still in previews, grossed $837,353 in its first preview week, placing it No. 6 at the Broadway box office.

Even in a recession-chilled winter theater season, the hard-to-get tickets are fetching upwards of $200 on scalping Web sites.

Some audience members said once word of Glenn's performance gets out, the show could spawn spinoffs, much like Tina Fey's portrayal of Sarah Palin caused a national sensation.

"She was a great dancer," said Megan Glinski, 22, a Spanish teacher from Michigan. "She was awesome. I loved her."

U.S. senator seeks Bush-era "truth commission"

By Randall Mikkelsen

WASHINGTON (Reuters) – A U.S. "truth commission" should investigate Bush administration policies including the promotion of war in Iraq, detainee treatment and wiretapping without a warrant, an influential senator proposed on Monday.

Democratic Senator Patrick Leahy, chairman of the Judiciary Committee, urged a commission as a way to heal what he called sharp political divides under former President George W. Bush and to prevent future abuses.

He compared it to other truth commissions, such as one in South Africa that investigated the apartheid era.

"We need to come to a shared understanding of the failures of the recent past," Leahy said in a speech at Georgetown University.

"Rather than vengeance, we need a fair-minded pursuit of what actually happened," the Vermont senator said. "And we do that to make sure it never happens again."

Some Republicans and intelligence officials have resisted any suggestion of broad inquiries into accusations against the Bush administration, saying it would be a distraction or weaken morale in the fight against terrorism.

"If every administration started to re-examine what every prior administration did, there would be no end to it. This is not Latin America," the Judiciary committee's top-ranking Republican, Senator Arlen Specter of Pennsylvania, told reporters last month.

President Barack Obama, who suggested shortly before he took office in January that he did not favor prosecuting Bush administration officials over their counterterrorism policies, said on Monday his administration would seek to uphold "our traditions of rule of law and due process."

"Nobody's above the law and if there are clear instances of wrongdoing ... people should be prosecuted just like any ordinary citizen," Obama told a news conference, his first since taking office.

"I will take a look at Senator Leahy's proposal ... but my general orientation is to say let's get it right moving forward," he said.

Bush spokesman Rob Saliterman said only, "We're not going to respond to every call for more investigations."

Leahy said he had not begun to promote the truth commission idea with the Obama administration or with the Democratic- controlled Congress. But he suggested it could be formed by both Congress and the White House, and said the panel must have credibility across the political spectrum.

Issues to investigate would include the Justice Department's firings of several U.S. attorneys, which Leahy said may have been motivated by a White House aim to influence elections, policies on the treatment of terrorism suspects and other areas "where (congressional) committees were lied to."

That included the war in Iraq, he said. "There were lies told to the American people all the way through."

Bush has acknowledged that intelligence on Iraqi weapons programs was wrong, but said he never lied to the public about the war.

Leahy said he wanted the Defense Department investigated for filming Iraq-war protesters, which he said came "shockingly close" to the FBI's Vietnam War-era Cointelpro operation to investigate domestic war protesters. "We fought a revolution in this country so we could protest the actions of our government," he said.

(AP)WASHINGTON – Just days after the nation honored the 200th anniversary of his birth, 65 historians ranked Abraham Lincoln as the nation's best president.

Former President George W. Bush, who left office last month, was ranked 36th out of the 42 men who had been chief executive by the end of 2008, according to a survey conducted by the cable channel C-SPAN.

Bush scored lowest in international relations, where he was ranked 41st, and in economic management, where he was ranked 40th. His highest ranking, 24th, was in the category of pursuing equal justice for all. He was ranked 25th in crisis leadership and vision and agenda setting.

In contrast, Lincoln was ranked in the top three in each of the 10 categories evaluated by participants.

In C-SPAN's only other ranking of presidents, in 2000, former President Bill Clinton jumped six spots from No. 21 to 15. Other recent presidents moved positions as well: Ronald Reagan advanced from No. 11 to 10, George H.W. Bush rose from No. 20 to 18 and Jimmy Carter fell from No. 22 to 25.

bush_cowboy-hat.jpg

I love U2, but man some of you are just way over the top in your liberal fanaticism! Get a grip already!:doh:

I love U2, but man some of you are just way over the top in your liberal fanaticism! Get a grip already!:doh:

Since when does being a U2 fan mean you're automatically a liberal, anyway? I've never understood this argument, as this board is proof that fans of the band come from both ends of the political spectrum. One does not come with the other, in my opinion.

Welcome aboard. ;) I don't really hate Liberals as much as I dislike Interference but it's sure fun to mess with both at once.

Back
Top Bottom