The GOP News Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I assume you did not read the link posted.

Okay, the city council and mayor had no power. The blame is on the evil capitalist. All the cities controlled by Democrats are the shining gems of America at its best.

And I assume you didn't comprehend the link posted. The first sentence is about the boogie man media, after that it doesn't deal with many facts. I'm also guessing you haven't read ANY of the articles that talk about the little power the local government had in these decisions. This was an issue of money over people, and the constant knee capping of regulatory entities(which is very much a tea party fault). If you don't care about clean water, guess what? Someone's not going to get clean water, plain and simple.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Republican Senator Rick Jones just passed a bill that could land you in jail for 15 years for getting a blow job from your wife.

Keep your windows closed Michigan.

Republican Senator Rick Jones just passed a bill that could land you in jail for 15 years for getting a blow job from your wife.

Keep your windows closed Michigan.

Good ol' limited government interference, eh?

(Who wants to take bets on how long it'll take for that guy to have some sort of sex scandal of his own break in the news down the line?)

http://gawker.com/meet-the-science-and-muslim-hating-conspiracy-theorist-1758545449

This is what you get when your party caters to the culture of ignorance. Of course you can't win without them, so what do you do?

Take a look in the mirror, if you want your party to survive in any shape or form of what it used to stand for then find a way to stop depending on ignorance.

John Oliver just talked about this woman tonight on his show.

... The school shootings started after government removed the Ten Commandments and the Bible from public school buildings, and disallowed prayer at school and school events.

:rolleyes: :banghead: Yeah. That's totally it. That's the reason. Sure (to say nothing of the sheer WTF nature of the other reasons she gives on that issue).

UGH. She sounds...wow. Dear God, I hope she doesn't win. And I'll wholeheartedly second BVS' comments, too. The Republicans need to own up to this crap and make it stop. Now.

Meet the Science- and Muslim-Hating Conspiracy Theorist Running for the Texas Board of Education

This is what you get when your party caters to the culture of ignorance. Of course you can't win without them, so what do you do?

Take a look in the mirror, if you want your party to survive in any shape or form of what it used to stand for then find a way to stop depending on ignorance.

Holllllllllllllllllllllllllllly shit this is scary. This is beyond just embarrassing for my state; this is honestly frightening.

Little Marco

CczpHD4WoAAAjPP.jpg

Here's a plan:

Rubio drops out now, gives his support for Cruz.

This might help Cruz win the nomination and save the Republican Party and the country from Trump.

If it worked and Cruz wins the election, Rubio would be the "Hero" of the Republican Party and his future bright.

If it worked and Cruz wins the election, Rubio would be the "Hero" of the Republican Party and his future bright.

First of all, Cruz can't win.

Secondly, tell me when in history does the person backing out with very little momentum become the hero? No one will remember him for "sacrificing" himself, let alone see him as a hero.

I think there's decent reason to expect that Cruz will be far less tolerable than Trump.

Trump is all bluster, right now. Don't get me wrong, the 20% chance that he'll actually live up to his campaign promises is more than enough to terrify me. But with his off the record NYT interview implying that his actual immigration policy will be milder, his comments about the need for compromise and flexibility, and his focus on "making the deal," one wouldn't be crazy to assume that President Trump has at least some chance of governing moderately.

President Cruz has 0% chance of governing moderately. From the very start of his stint in the public eye, the government shut down, every single word out of Cruz's mouth in relation to the government can be translated into "we don't need water let this mufucka BURN!1!1!"

Cruz has already proved that he does, indeed, govern like he promises he will. And when you look at some of Trump's more frightening proposals (deportations, war crimes against ISIS, banning Muslim refugees), Cruz is never the one on the opposite side of the issue.

The GOP is going downhill in the prediction markets - only 31% chance of winning the presidency (down from 40% a couple of weeks ago).

What does everyone think would be the best matchup for the GOP?

It's not going to happen now, but a Rubio/Kasich ticket going up against Clinton would've favored the GOP, I think.

Rubio has zero chance

the brokered convention would be too stupid to try and pull off

but there is always hope

you should be asking, who would be a good VP pick for Trump

seriously to answer your question, in this political climate, Trump has the best chance, he has a even chance again Hillary and a very good chance against Bernie

and the current match up polls don't mean shit

Last edited:
Rubio has zero chance

the brokered convention would be too stupid to try and pull off

but there is always hope

you should be asking, who would be a good VP pick for Trump

But considering Donald isn't really winning majority of votes in any states, I think it's more likely than we think.

Tough to win majority with 3-4 candidates still in race....and none are favorable to the public.

Back
Top Bottom