The Goode Family (New Mike Judge cartoon)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
it's about fucking time liberals get a run for their money in the form of a quality tv programme.

not saying this will be that, but i hope so.

South Park has done plenty of liberal mocking over the years.

Man Bear Pig!

South Park is just too, I don't know, sophomoric and crude for me. And I can't stand the animation.

Loved Team America however. (even the crude and sophomoric marionette sex scene)

Some of the SNL TV Funhouse cartoons were pretty politically uncorrect as well.

Looks like it'll be pretty funny and harmless to me. And certainly, there are aspects of the modern far-left that need mocking as much as those from the far-right.

:shocked: Can it be true? A TV show that dares to mock liberals and environmentalists?

Oh yes, such the victims are conservatives...:sad:

Granted this may be the first TV show that has a premise dedicated to mocking liberals(at least in recent history), but this is nothing new. Mike Judge is a pretty equal opportunity guy.

South Park, Futurama, Family Guy all do a pretty good job mocking everyone...

I think if you play the victim and you seek it out, you can find bias anywhere...

Great comedy shouldn't be harmless.

I certainly agree, but - as much as I like Mike Judge - judging from the videos on the site I don't really have any plans to call The Goode Family "great comedy" anytime soon. More like, something to watch while having tea.

I'm sure it'll piss off a few people, though.

I'm planning on checking it out. Though I've a problem...I can only watch/DVR 2 things at a time, and I've got the Goodes, the Red Sox, and the return of Tyler Perry tonight. I'll probably suck it up and miss an inning or 2 of baseball.

There's kookiness on both left and right, nothing wrong with mocking it. But I still miss Beavis and Butt-head, it's funny to see old B&B characters show up on the other Judge shows.

"Attention One Earth shoppers. The driver of the SUV is on aisle 4. He's wearing a baseball cap."

:laugh:

Bonus points for having the family dog named Che.

OK I'll admit I laughed a few times there, but I'm not sure I see the show lasting too long...I think they'll run out of jokes.

Totally missed the dog's name, that's brilliant. And good for him eating the cat in the end.

Back
Top Bottom