The Even Gayer than the Gay thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's not over ... yet. But it's clear a mandate for the law is there - as bafflingly ridiculous the methods were (postal vote, $120 million wasted even though we knew same-sex marriage was supported by the majority here, toll taken on LGBT Australians mentally etc.).

I'm relieved.

Fucking finally, even if it is so disgusting that this even took place.

This is a good point. A referendum like this makes gay lives into a popularity contest rather than an issue of equal rights. No one gets to vote on straight marriage.

But I’m glad it passed all the same. And bigly.

I just looked up where that bakery is. Apparently I drive past it all the time.

How do people in here feel about straight girls getting sloppy drunk at bachelorette parties at gay bars/clubs? Because I’m really trying not to be mad about it, but I’ll be honest that it ain’t working.

I want to be okay with it, because if that’s what they’ve got to do to find a place to party without worrying about creepy
straight dudes. Or give them the benefit of the doubt—maybe they’re lesbians, or bisexual, any variety of queer identification. But man, does it test my patience when I’m constantly getting bumped into and elbowed by white girl wasted white girls on their way to creepily grope the gogo boys they don’t even tip.

Agreed. Gay spaces must remain free and open to all, but it’s also incumbent upon visitors to understand the historical and psychological importance of gay bars/spaces, and to be good guests. It is not a petting zoo.

Also, when you get your drink (you won’t be treated better by the bartender like you would in a straight bar) please clear the bar so that others behind you may order, and mind the bag.

http://www.newnownext.com/us-navy-gay-sailors-homecoming-kiss-jacksonville-florida/12/2018/

Some tv viewers in Jacksonville FL outraged that this kiss was shown on the news. Oh no.

Attachments

• 7930412-6537905-image-m-3_1546093016934.jpg
    7930412-6537905-image-m-3_1546093016934.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 28
tenor.gif

i'm really getting a kick out of all this sudden concern and hand-wringing over the notion that there are openly gay men in the navy. :lol:

Last edited:
HENDERSON, Nev. -- Las Vegas Raiders defensive end Carl Nassib on Monday became the first active NFL player to come out as gay.

Nassib, 28, made the announcement in an Instagram post.

"What's up people?" Nassib posted. "I'm at my house here in West Chester, Pennsylvania. I just want to take a quick moment to say that I'm gay. I've been meaning to do this for a while now, but I finally feel comfortable enough to get it off my chest. I really have the best life, I've got the best family, friends and job a guy could ask for.

"I'm a pretty private person so I hope you guys know that I'm really not doing this for attention. I just think that representation and visibility are so important. I actually hope that like one day, videos like this and the whole coming-out process are just not necessary. But until then, I'm going to do my best and do my part to cultivate a culture that's accepting, that's compassionate and I'm going to start by donating $100,000 to the Trevor Project."

Back
Top Bottom