The Even Gayer than the Gay thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I guess if she was a burger flipper at McDonald's she'd still be a hypocrite though.

Well at least she couldn't very well refuse to serve gay people burgers, that would get you fired on the spot I assume. McDs doesn't want such bad press.

I liked the thing I saw floating around Facebook last night:

What if as a Quaker in a similar government role, I refused to issue gun permits because guns and violence are against my religion?

Gosh, I wonder if her defenders would feel the same way ...

"Caitlyn Jenner's not brave! Don't give her awards or attention! You know who's brave? I'll tell you who's brave: THIS FUCKING IDIOT IS BRAVE!"

CN6-dCOWoAE5yZj.png

Being a burger flipper isn't a public position that requires you to take an oath to uphold the laws of the country.
True enough, my point was more that having gone through several divorces and a child born out of wedlock it would be hypocritical to oppose gay marriage because she doesn't seem to hold the sanctity of marriage that high herself.

That doesn't even sound right, because every sane person defending the sanctity of marriage would applaud 2 committed people who love each other to get married whether they are of the same sex or not.

True enough, my point was more that having gone through several divorces and a child born out of wedlock it would be hypocritical to oppose gay marriage because she doesn't seem to hold the sanctity of marriage that high herself.

She says all those things happened before she "came to Jesus".

In other words, they don't count. Pretty convenient.

I'm starting to think my family may have blocked me or stopped including me on some of their Facebook posts... I haven't seen a single person complain about Kim Davis on my feed... Period. At all... Not just today.

Working in HR, I have got to say, this was terrible performance management on the employer's part. In any position, in any job, if you refuse to perform any of your duties, that is insubordination. And not just minor of "not getting to it" or "forgetting". Gross insubordination. She should have been disciplined from the beginning and her employer failed to act. Now they have sent a precedence for other employees to refuse to perform any function of their jobs, for whatever reason. Because if they get disciplined, they can go back and say "now wait a second, you did nothing to discipline her while she blatantly said no and defied a judge. And you are disciplining me for this minor thing thing?" It should not have gotten to this level to begin with.

:doh:

Working in HR, I have got to say, this was terrible performance management on the employer's part. In any position, in any job, if you refuse to perform any of your duties, that is insubordination. And not just minor of "not getting to it" or "forgetting". Gross insubordination. She should have been disciplined from the beginning and her employer failed to act. Now they have sent a precedence for other employees to refuse to perform any function of their jobs, for whatever reason. Because if they get disciplined, they can go back and say "now wait a second, you did nothing to discipline her while she blatantly said no and defied a judge. And you are disciplining me for this minor thing thing?" It should not have gotten to this level to begin with.

:doh:

Perhaps if Davis was hired for the job, that might be the case. Elected positions aren't quite so easy to get rid of. The only legal options to remove Davis from option are resignation (which she's refused), impeachment (a lengthy process that couldn't even start until January and might not even produce the desired result), and being voted out of office in the next election cycle.

In other news, Mike Huckabee weighed in on today's news, saying that Davis' imprisonment "removes all doubts about the criminalization of Christianity in this country."

Constitutional scholar he ain't.

I soooo want a Muslim working at a DMV to stop issuing licenses to women because it's against his religion.

Please let someone do this, but not really to deny women licenses, but just to make a point.

I soooo want a Muslim working at a DMV to stop issuing licenses to women because it's against his religion.

Please let someone do this, but not really to deny women licenses, but just to make a point.

You mistakenly believe that all religious beliefs are equal. We already know some religions are more true than others.

Back
Top Bottom