The EU Elections - The Results.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Why not BNP? UKIP and other conservatives are too soft with immigration policy, according to you, aren't they?

I just want an end to mass immigration ala EU free movement. Im all for plugging the skills gap with a similar system Australia adopted.

But yes your right, mainstream parties are too soft on immigration but that doesnt make me a racist or a BNP supporter.

If you only want to stick to your 'own kind', only hiring your 'own kind' and if you don't want to have anything to do with the 'other kind', then that's a form of discrimination.

And who is saying this? I certainly didn't. :huh:

Well...I wonder what you voted. The BNP or another party?
What do you think of the racism involved or do you not care at all?
What do you think of the fact that Nick Griffin is an ex neo nazi?

Ive been a victim of racism many times but it seems to be overlooked in a predominantly white society. Nick Griffin is a ex neo nazi and Tony Blair is a war criminal and those members of westminster have defrauded the nation of millions.

Yawn yawn yawn

And who is saying this? I certainly didn't. :huh:

You jest, surely. Not me.

This piece of text is dated on 06-12-2009, 06:03 AM exactly:
Is this racist? Or a normal and natural tendency to prefer one's own 'type'?

It is true that you tend to go and hang out with people of similar interest, that's a natural thing to do, but rejecting people based on ethnicity and Arab name, that's another thing!

You seem flabbergasted at my answer above. I'm not saying that you are a racist/ guilty of discrimination here, that woud be outrageous! I thought you wanted a discussion/ explanation.

You jest, surely. Not me.

This piece of text is dated on 06-12-2009, 06:03 AM exactly:

It is true that you tend to go and hang out with people of similar interest, that's a natural thing to do, but rejecting people based on ethnicity and Arab name, that's another thing!

You seem flabbergasted at my answer above. I'm not saying that you are a racist/ guilty of discrimination here, that woud be outrageous! I thought you wanted a discussion/ explanation.

All I am saying is, people tend to prefer the familar to the different. I don't think that's necessarily evidence of racism.

(Genetic) subconscious racism is the buzz word i think, flat mate was talking about it around Christmas time. There has been plenty of research into it and in someway or another we are all guilty of it without even knowing it.

^ I know, financeguy, but finding your 'mates' with common interest, political ideas, youth culture is something else than turning people down based on race, name, religion etc. Or the fact that there are people who don't want to have anything to do with people of other origin.
That's racism.

(Genetic) subconscious racism is the buzz word i think, flat mate was talking about it around Christmas time. There has been plenty of research into it and in someway or another we are all guilty of it without even knowing it.

This is how the multiculturists get at the youth. There is no basis for this theory. Might as well criminalise thought crime.

If l don't like rap music and I do like Bach and Wagner; ergo, I must be an unconscious racist - this is the kind of idea being promoted.

^ I know, financeguy, but finding your 'mates' with common interest, political ideas, youth culture is something else than turning people down based on race, name, religion etc. Or the fact that there are people who don't want to have anything to do with people of other origin.
That's racism.

If you are familar with London, you will have noticed that the various ethnic groups, be it orthodox Jews, Afro-Caribbean, Bangladeshi, etc, generally stick to their own. Of course, there are exceptions, and I was once delighted and amused to see an orthodox Jew drinking a pint of Guinness in an Irish pub. But in my experience these are exceptions.

So, all these people that stick to their own are racists then?

I'm not talking about this 'subconscious racism', but on people at Dutch companies who deliberately don't want to hire people with Moroccan names, because they don't want to have anything to do with them. They want to be as far away from them as possible. This is a step further than the 'subconscious racism' you mentioned.

Yes, the fact that people of the same ethnicity live amongst their own group is common in most European cities. Some prefer to, but some (local) governments built whole areas especially for immigrants, like in Paris for example.
It would be crazy to call these people racist because they live amongst their own ethnic group. If it's subconscious, I think you can hardly call it racism at all! It doesn't mean that all of them automatically reject people of other ethnicity.
I think the genetic subconscious racism theory is too far fetched.

I'm not talking about this 'subconscious racism', but on people at Dutch companies who deliberately don't want to hire people with Moroccan names, because they don't want to have anything to do with them. They want to be as far away from them as possible. This is a step further than the 'subconscious racism' you mentioned.

Yes, the fact that people of the same ethnicity live amongst their own group is common in most European cities. Some prefer to, but some (local) governments built whole areas especially for immigrants, like in Paris for example.
It would be crazy to call these people racist because they live amongst their own ethnic group. If it's subconscious, I think you can hardly call it racism at all! It doesn't mean that all of them automatically reject people of other ethnicity.
I think the genetic subconscious racism theory is too far fetched.

I agree with you then.

Back
Top Bottom