The drink driving laws are a form of tyranny

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just thought about it when I saw a news story last night about a new graphic texting while driving commercial aimed at teens

I can't believe people text when they drive :confused: Talk about unnecessary and unsafe. Do people text these days while they're doing anything and everything? Twitter updates on your bms? Tks 4 sharing.

I can't believe people text when they drive :confused: Talk about unnecessary and unsafe. Do people text these days while they're doing anything and everything? Twitter updates on your bms? Tks 4 sharing.

but i want to text and drive. therefore, laws that prevent me from doing what i want to do are tyranny.

People could do whatever they want to do while driving if it was only going to potentially kill and injure them-if they want to die from their own stupidity well that's their choice. But since that's not realistically and statistically possible, well they can't and they shouldn't.

It's the old adage about your freedom extending the arm's length until you touch someone else, something like that.

I have a friend that does this. I had to shout "PEDESTRIAN" once when she was making a left turn and texting. She's a smart girl, but I think that habit is beyond dumb.

If you think fines should vary by severity of risk then speeding violations should result in higher fines than DUI.

If you think fines should vary by severity of risk then speeding violations should result in higher fines than DUI.

right, because going 70 mph in a 65 zone is more dangerous than driving while shitfaced

never thought i'd see the day where someone is defending drunk driving in order to get a rise out of people on FYM.

but i guess it's here.

I just thought about it when I saw a news story last night about a new graphic texting while driving commercial aimed at teens

Here's the video. Made me tear up actually.

CRIME Blog | The Dallas Morning News

I used to have to drive (gotta love budget cuts) to my company's US headquarters with my boss fairly often. When he wasn't making me listen to Barry Manilow or Anthony Robbins (swear to God) he'd either be Blackberrying email or on his cell.

Here's the video. Made me tear up actually.

CRIME Blog | The Dallas Morning News

I used to have to drive (gotta love budget cuts) to my company's US headquarters with my boss fairly often. When he wasn't making me listen to Barry Manilow or Anthony Robbins (swear to God) he'd either be Blackberrying email or on his cell.

YouTube - PSA Texting while Driving, Gwent, U.K., August 2009, Peter Watkins-Hughes, Newport School, Wales

That 3rd driver really sucked. He wasn't even texting.

I think he was speeding while changing a CD and talking to a passenger but nice guess on the drinking, he's Welsh.

No, but that wasn't the point I was making either.

He was saying that we're brainwashed, as if nobody here has given any logical or intelligent consideration to the matter at hand. Quite the opposite, I spent the better part of 2-3 years working on this stuff.

Well, that's fair enough. Can I ask you, with regard to a lawyers' reading materials on drunk driving, are libertarian arguments considered?

Well, that's fair enough. Can I ask you, with regard to a lawyers' reading materials on drunk driving, are libertarian arguments considered?

The truth is that this is one of those polarizing issues that often results in caricature arguments from either extreme, so in my view, you rarely get good, constructive arguments made.

I think libertarian arguments are considered insofar as there are constitutional issues involved (with respect to things like privacy and the taking of bodily fluid samples for example), but obviously these are more nuanced than what Hyper here has been arguing in a rather hysterical manner. I think that you could probably appreciate them and I think even the opposition does, because they are generally well-reasoned and have a solid basis.

if i cant drive 120 mph in front of a school while shitfaced texting with my right hand and firing my uzi out the window with my left and steering with my knees.......

....im not a happy fucking customer. :grumpy:

Back
Top Bottom