The drink driving laws are a form of tyranny - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 08-24-2009, 04:41 PM   #46
War Child
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Carlisle PA
Posts: 818
Local Time: 03:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by toscano View Post
Yeah, that's funny.....
It's funny compared to the total. If you think it'll ever be 0, that's fucking hilarious. I don't support laws to save people from themselves.
__________________

__________________
HyperU2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 04:47 PM   #47
Refugee
 
toscano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 2,032
Local Time: 01:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperU2 View Post
It's funny compared to the total. If you think it'll ever be 0, that's fucking hilarious. I don't support laws to save people from themselves.
got numbers on how many are paralysed ? Or suffer other non-fatal injuries ? Maybe that will really get us rolling in the aisles.

Who said they thought it'll be zero ?

Or was that one of these ?

__________________

__________________
toscano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 04:49 PM   #48
Blue Crack Addict
 
kafrun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Upside-down
Posts: 19,644
Local Time: 01:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjohn2441 View Post
how a drug that makes you angry, incoherent, beligerant, makes you feel like shit the next day, destroys brain cells, destroys your liver, results in thousands of destroyed families and deaths every year, does NOTHING of value for you is LEGAL and a drug that makes you laugh and eat doritos is ILLEGAL is beyond me.
This.

I'm eating doritos now.. not that I'm high


Anyway, the article in the original post deserves a and nothing more. Good day.
__________________
kafrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 04:49 PM   #49
Breakdancing Soul Pilgrim
 
UberBeaver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: the most serious...douch hammer ever
Posts: 20,318
Local Time: 03:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperU2 View Post
See, folks are so brainwashed about the "dangers" that it's not even open for discussion.
__________________
UberBeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 04:49 PM   #50
Refugee
 
toscano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 2,032
Local Time: 01:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperU2 View Post
I don't support laws to save people from themselves.
Drunk driving laws are to save others from the drunks, not to save the drunks from themselves
__________________
toscano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 04:52 PM   #51
War Child
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Carlisle PA
Posts: 818
Local Time: 03:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by toscano View Post
got numbers on how many are paralysed ? Or suffer other non-fatal injuries ? Maybe that will really get us rolling in the aisles.

9800 injury accidents with alcohol involved. 85,000 without.


91% of those killed in DUI related crashes were the driver or their passenger. Yes, the laws are not really there to save others.
__________________
HyperU2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 04:53 PM   #52
Refugee
 
toscano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 2,032
Local Time: 01:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperU2 View Post
9800 injury accidents with alcohol involved. 85,000 without.
As BVS said.......
__________________
toscano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 04:56 PM   #53
you are what you is
 
Salome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 22,016
Local Time: 09:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperU2 View Post
9800 injury accidents with alcohol involved. 85,000 without.
according to your logic Americans are worse drivers than the Dutch because you cause way more accidents

I support you in your logic and petition no American should be allowed near a car
__________________
“Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.”
~Frank Zappa
Salome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 04:57 PM   #54
War Child
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Carlisle PA
Posts: 818
Local Time: 03:48 AM
He said more people are injured by sober drivers?
__________________
HyperU2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 04:57 PM   #55
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,685
Local Time: 02:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperU2 View Post
I'm not even trying yet.
My point is that you never use them correctly... you always post some number that never takes in account of the real issue at hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperU2 View Post
MADD has me beat by far with lying stats. Basically what it comes down to in PA is 30 people every year killed by drunk drivers.
I have a real hard time believing this... Unless the whole state of PA is somehow more sober than Austin, I just have a hard time believing this...


Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperU2 View Post

lol
Yeah, death is funny...
__________________
BVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 04:58 PM   #56
Refugee
 
toscano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 2,032
Local Time: 01:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperU2 View Post
He said more people are injured by sober drivers?
The drink driving laws are a form of tyranny
__________________
toscano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 04:59 PM   #57
War Child
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Carlisle PA
Posts: 818
Local Time: 03:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post



I have a real hard time believing this... Unless the whole state of PA is somehow more sober than Austin, I just have a hard time believing this...



Well when you look at the 91% being the driver or their passenger it leaves 9% who were minding their own business and got killed. With 545 killed in alcohol related crashes in my state in 07 that leaves about 30 people.
__________________
HyperU2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 04:59 PM   #58
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,685
Local Time: 02:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperU2 View Post
I don't support laws to save people from themselves.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperU2 View Post
9800 injury accidents with alcohol involved. 85,000 without.


91% of those killed in DUI related crashes were the driver or their passenger. Yes, the laws are not really there to save others.
This is such backwards logic it's not even worth it...
__________________
BVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 05:02 PM   #59
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,685
Local Time: 02:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperU2 View Post
Well when you look at the 91% being the driver or their passenger it leaves 9% who were minding their own business and got killed. With 545 killed in alcohol related crashes in my state in 07 that leaves about 30 people.
Where did you learn math?

More of that conservative fuzzy math...
__________________
BVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 05:02 PM   #60
Refugee
 
toscano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 2,032
Local Time: 01:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperU2 View Post
Well when you look at the 91% being the driver or their passenger it leaves 9% who were minding their own business and got killed. With 545 killed in alcohol related crashes in my state in 07 that leaves about 30 people.
So the passengers don't count as "others" ????

Non fatal injuries to the non-driver don't count ????

Now you're just trolling.
__________________

__________________
toscano is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hackballscross, Ireland, Superthread Irishteen Lemonade Stand Archive 1005 08-16-2008 02:42 AM
The 86 Rules Of Boozing Bonochick Lemonade Stand Archive 32 07-24-2004 11:46 AM
IO: Surgery or Drink and PEE Dreadsox It's Official Archive 18 10-22-2003 04:34 PM
Please Bathe Yourself in My Douche-Tastic Poetry LarryMullen's POPAngel Free Your Mind Archive 244 02-24-2003 12:28 AM
I must truly confess - people with drink in them scare me.........! mad1 Zoo Confessionals 3 07-23-2002 10:39 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com