The drink driving laws are a form of tyranny - Page 24 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login

Old 11-08-2009, 12:15 PM   #346
War Child

Local Time: 06:14 PM
The problem with THC driving is you could have been stoned on Monday and involved in a crash that wasn't your fault on Thursday. When they test your blood, DUI.

Old 11-08-2009, 12:17 PM   #347
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
"Appreciated he didn't drive drunk"? What if while hitching a ride he staggered out into the street and got hit by a car, or caused an accident because the car swerved to miss him? He was still a danger...
I have to agree with you here. People wandering around the streets sloshed and rolling into the streets isn't a good thing either. Public drunkeness is a misdeamnor for a reason.

Old 11-08-2009, 12:21 PM   #348
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 05:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperU2 View Post
The problem with THC driving is you could have been stoned on Monday and involved in a crash that wasn't your fault on Thursday. When they test your blood, DUI.
I've never heard of such a situation.

If this is truly the case then you opt for the breathalizer, unless you're a fool.
Old 11-08-2009, 12:24 PM   #349
War Child

It occurs, but mostly in accidents. One of the gems I learned about in DUI education, even the people teaching the class were against it. The breathalyzer isn't an option if you're taken via ambulance to the hospital.
Old 11-08-2009, 01:33 PM   #350
War Child

Quote:
One of the gems I learned about in DUI education, even the people teaching the class were against it.
Speaking of the people teaching it, my Dad is still in the class where the 22 year old 'therapist/teacher' gives them busy work and then sits back and plays with her cell phone. It's only a moneymaking scam. Even our insurance agent says so, even before we did.
Old 11-08-2009, 01:39 PM   #351
War Child

Quote:
I didn't mean that you had, just that you seem like the type that could. I think you prefer more and more legislation while wanting legalization. Odd. The DUI laws reallly screw marijuana users hard.
Oh yeah, that's another moneymaking scam. The only reason pot is still illegal is because too many localities would lose the fines and too many lawyers would lose the cases they get for those convicted of possession. I don't know anyone (including parents) who hasn't had their car searched even on minor traffic stops (sometimes for something that wasn't even really happening) because they always hope they can find that roach or bag and more money for them! Pot is not worse than booze or the pyschological drugs so many people now find themselves on. The ONLY difference is- the right' people are getting the money (pharmacutical companies, big whiskey companies, and of course the gov't and localities) Legalize pot and give jobs to people growing and selling it now considered 'criminals' and you'd have a big boost to the economy for different people, as well as less in jail and court burdening the system. Maybe the high ups don't like that, because they like keeping certain people down and making the money off of them.
Old 11-08-2009, 01:41 PM   #352
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 12:14 AM
Quote:
Leave the car at home and walk, you'll be fine fined.

Police: Drunk Lebanon County man hitched a ride from a state cop
By CHRIS A. COUROGEN, The Patriot-News
October 30, 2009, 9:32AM
Scott E. Heffelfinger was walking home from a bar on Jonestown Road in Union Township, Lebanon County, when he tried to hitch a ride from a passing state police patrol car. Hefflinger got that ride home, but he also received a citation for public drunkenness, state police said.

According to police, troopers were on patrol around 1:30 this morning on Jonestown Road when they observed Heffelfinger, 47, of Hemlock Drive in Fredericksburg, staggering and struggling to keep his balance. When they approached him, Heffelfinger stuck out his thumb, apparently to hitch a ride, police said.

Troopers questioned Heffelfinger, who told them he was walking home from Pa's Place, a bar in the 400 block of Jonestown Road. Police said he displayed multiple signs of being intoxicated.
I'm more wondering about the fact that the article doesn't provide a description of how to reach his house. Oh, and a contact number would be fine.

Wow, those articles do give away some information about people...

Is there a law in that area that you are not allowed to be drunk in public? Otherwise he could go against it, couldn't he?
Old 11-08-2009, 01:47 PM   #353
War Child

He basically lives in the middle of nowhere. They can bust you for whatever they want, if the choose. Of course the amount of "staggering" he was doing is the cops story. Hopefully the charges will be dropped.
Old 11-08-2009, 03:05 PM   #354
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnRKeyintheUSA View Post
Speaking of the people teaching it, my Dad is still in the class where the 22 year old 'therapist/teacher' gives them busy work and then sits back and plays with her cell phone. It's only a moneymaking scam. Even our insurance agent says so, even before we did.
To say drunk driving laws are "ONLY a money making SCAM" is completely laughable.

Quote:
Oh yeah, that's another moneymaking scam. The only reason pot is still illegal is because too many localities would lose the fines and too many lawyers would lose the cases they get for those convicted of possession.
Really? You don't think status quo or the religious have anything to do with it? I would think there are VERY VERY few places that have lawyers or localities where their main revenue is pot posession.

Quote:
I don't know anyone (including parents) who hasn't had their car searched even on minor traffic stops (sometimes for something that wasn't even really happening) because they always hope they can find that roach or bag and more money for them!
I'm really beginning to wonder where you live...

Quote:
Pot is not worse than booze or the pyschological drugs so many people now find themselves on. The ONLY difference is- the right' people are getting the money (pharmacutical companies, big whiskey companies, and of course the gov't and localities) Legalize pot and give jobs to people growing and selling it now considered 'criminals' and you'd have a big boost to the economy for different people, as well as less in jail and court burdening the system. Maybe the high ups don't like that, because they like keeping certain people down and making the money off of them.
Once again, I really don't think these are the people stopping the legalization of pot...
Old 11-08-2009, 03:11 PM   #355
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Oh yeah, that's another moneymaking scam. The only reason pot is still illegal is because too many localities would lose the fines and too many lawyers would lose the cases they get for those convicted of possession.
Hahahaha!! Are you for real??

You think that lawyers are walking around getting wealthy off defending petty pot possession charges? And that this massive loss of revenue is a reason why the laws exist?

LOL.

Every once in a while I read a really good one here on the forums.
Old 11-08-2009, 05:14 PM   #356
War Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
Hahahaha!! Are you for real??

You think that lawyers are walking around getting wealthy off defending petty pot possession charges? And that this massive loss of revenue is a reason why the laws exist?

LOL.

Every once in a while I read a really good one here on the forums.
Yes. I've been in court for tickets and arraignments (by myself and several others) and have noticed that about 80-90% of the cases that come up to be heard are minor pot possession. (many of these are secondary after pot was found during a traffic stop, as I mentioned before) I have come to this conclusion honestly. If pot were legal, some lawyers would lose over half their business and localities would lose a heap in petty fines. I stand by my statement.
Old 11-08-2009, 05:20 PM   #357
Blue Crack Addict

Do you have any idea how little a lawyer can charge for such a retainer? And are you aware of how difficult it is to collect from such clients in general?

You can stand by your statement all you want, doesn't make it any less silly.
Old 11-08-2009, 08:20 PM   #358
War Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
Do you have any idea how little a lawyer can charge for such a retainer? And are you aware of how difficult it is to collect from such clients in general?

You can stand by your statement all you want, doesn't make it any less silly.
You don't know those people personally like I do. I am absolutely right. Laughing it off is not going to hide the reality behind it. Give me one other good reason pot isn't legalized by now. Go on.
Old 11-08-2009, 08:25 PM   #359
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 12:14 PM
Quote:
Give me one other good reason pot isn't legalized by now. Go on.
i want to say something so badly, but i shouldn't. i really shouldn't.
Old 11-08-2009, 09:22 PM   #360
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
You don't know those people personally like I do. I am absolutely right. Laughing it off is not going to hide the reality behind it. Give me one other good reason pot isn't legalized by now. Go on.
There are a lot of reasons. Revenue is not one of them, for pharmaceutical companies, farmers, and taxes alone would bring in more income than petty misdemeanor charges...

Status quo and the religious right are probably two of the biggest reasons it's not legal.