The drink driving laws are a form of tyranny

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Now that you can get a DUI on a bicycle it's obvious they've gone overboard in their need to make money.

Right, because a drunk on a bike in traffic poses no increased threat of danger to himself or others.......

Yeah he might hit a school bus and explode. You should change your avatar if you're so pro prohibition.

Yeah he might hit a school bus and explode. You should change your avatar if you're so pro prohibition.

I'm not Pro Prohibition, I like my alcohol very much. But not behind a wheel. Jeez, most cyclists are a danger when they're SOBER.

how a drug that makes you angry, incoherent, beligerant, makes you feel like shit the next day, destroys brain cells, destroys your liver, results in thousands of destroyed families and deaths every year, does NOTHING of value for you is LEGAL and a drug that makes you laugh and eat doritos is ILLEGAL is beyond me.

PA and Ohio that I know of.

As are most drivers. In fact 70% of our fatalities (PA) on the road are caused by sober drivers.

Way to pull out an irrelevant factoid. But since bring it up you did, do you think the number of injuries/fatalities would go up or down if we had looser drunk-driving laws ?

But the point of this thread is not are cell phones dangerous, or is marijuana dangerous. Why does everyone feel the need to compare and contrast.

Here is how I feel, not that anyone typically gives a fuck:

If you're stupid and reckless enough to drive after drinking, then you deserve what you get upon being caught.

And to the people that reply to HyperU2: It's fairly obvious that this person enjoys winding up the more left leaning posters in FYM. He pushes your buttons with the greatest of ease.

I think they'd stay the same. I don't think there is good reason for the fines for a DUI to be 10 times more than those for reckless driving, when recklessness kills more people.

My stance against DUI checkpoints is more left leaning than right, tyvm. :)

I think they'd stay the same.

Really ? You think there would just as many injuries/fatalities if people didn't have to worry about losing their license over that extra beer or two or four ?

Whatever.

they should have a drunk driving license you can get.

they'll have a test you take in which you have to pass driving at various levels of drunkeness and perform various everyday driving maneuvers safely. if you pass you get to drive drunk. :happy:

You're not very good at using statistics.

I'm not even trying yet. MADD has me beat by far with lying stats. Basically what it comes down to in PA is 30 people every year killed by drunk drivers. lol

they should have a drunk driving license you can get.

they'll have a test you take in which you have to pass driving at various levels of drunkeness and perform various everyday driving maneuvers safely. if you pass you get to drive drunk. :happy:

That's what I want, just an endorsement on my license. :)

The article is insane. The topic title is absurd. And the fact that it's actually being debated is the love child of insane+absurd.

See, folks are so brainwashed about the "dangers" that it's not even open for discussion.

It's funny compared to the total. If you think it'll ever be 0, that's fucking hilarious. I don't support laws to save people from themselves.

got numbers on how many are paralysed ? Or suffer other non-fatal injuries ? Maybe that will really get us rolling in the aisles.

Who said they thought it'll be zero ?

Or was that one of these ?

strawman.jpg

how a drug that makes you angry, incoherent, beligerant, makes you feel like shit the next day, destroys brain cells, destroys your liver, results in thousands of destroyed families and deaths every year, does NOTHING of value for you is LEGAL and a drug that makes you laugh and eat doritos is ILLEGAL is beyond me.

This.

I'm eating doritos now.. not that I'm high :shifty:

Anyway, the article in the original post deserves a :der: and nothing more. Good day.

got numbers on how many are paralysed ? Or suffer other non-fatal injuries ? Maybe that will really get us rolling in the aisles.

9800 injury accidents with alcohol involved. 85,000 without.

91% of those killed in DUI related crashes were the driver or their passenger. Yes, the laws are not really there to save others.

9800 injury accidents with alcohol involved. 85,000 without.
according to your logic Americans are worse drivers than the Dutch because you cause way more accidents

I support you in your logic and petition no American should be allowed near a car

I'm not even trying yet.
My point is that you never use them correctly... you always post some number that never takes in account of the real issue at hand.

MADD has me beat by far with lying stats. Basically what it comes down to in PA is 30 people every year killed by drunk drivers.

I have a real hard time believing this... Unless the whole state of PA is somehow more sober than Austin, I just have a hard time believing this...

Yeah, death is funny...:|

I have a real hard time believing this... Unless the whole state of PA is somehow more sober than Austin, I just have a hard time believing this...

Well when you look at the 91% being the driver or their passenger it leaves 9% who were minding their own business and got killed. With 545 killed in alcohol related crashes in my state in 07 that leaves about 30 people.

Well when you look at the 91% being the driver or their passenger it leaves 9% who were minding their own business and got killed. With 545 killed in alcohol related crashes in my state in 07 that leaves about 30 people.

Where did you learn math?

More of that conservative fuzzy math...

So the passengers don't count as "others" ????

Non fatal injuries to the non-driver don't count ????

Now you're just trolling.

Back
Top Bottom