The Density of Smart People

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AliEnvy

Refugee
No wonder we're Little San Francisco. :sexywink:

CollegeDegreeDensity.png

And yet the person who made the chart you posted can't spell Cincinnati correctly. ;)

And out here, they retrofit buildings for earthquakes.

I've been through one earthquake, and didn't enjoy it, but I have to admit, I do not miss tornados. Even the sound of a tornado warning alert on the TV would have me running for the basement.

Anyway!

Seattle, 5th on the list, whoot whoot, etc.

I'm totally with you on that, corianderstem. Haven't been through an earthquake, though.

Iowa doesn't have any cities big enough to register on there :(. Where do we fit in, I wonder?

I like how Minneapolis and St. Paul are a bit apart on that list. That's interesting, considering they're right next to each other. Wonder what the deal is?

Angela

Bachelor's degree or higher, pct of persons age 25+:

San Francisco = 45 %

Boston = 35.6 %

Richmond, VA = 29.5%

New York City = 27.4%

Newport Beach = 59 % (where I live)

who has more degrees in a square mile? who cares

I'm not sure I'd be making too much of that graph at all, particularly seeing as how college degrees in the US are kind of fucking expensive, aren't they? Like, everyone who has one does not represent everyone capable of studying for one?

That, and population density in general.

Remember back in 2001 when the greatest "density of smart people" could be found in the boardroom at the Enron Corporation?

So maybe smarts without morals or ethics is a dangerous thing.

Ideally I want to live in a place (city, state, nation) where everyone can fit in and prosper. Where everyone's talents and skills are used and valued. I'd like to think we are intelligent enough to figure out how to accomplish that, rather than just snipe at each other.

Except the misspelling of Cincinnati. Sniping is always permitted about that. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom