Old 06-19-2010, 01:34 PM   #46
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 12:01 PM

Old 06-19-2010, 01:53 PM   #47
Refugee

Local Time: 06:01 PM
John Stewart discusses Alvin Greene:

Video: Alvin Greene Wins South Carolina Primary | The Daily Show | Comedy Central

Old 06-19-2010, 02:33 PM   #48
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongbow View Post
From the Faq/rules section of this forum which YOU agreed to abide by when you registered as a member here:

http://www.u2interference.com/forums...ork&page=rules
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongbow View Post
Really? So what would be an example of a personal attack?

Just so you know what the forum rules consider to be a "personal attack" can include the following:

http://www.u2interference.com/forums...ork&page=rules
Sting, I don't like having to repeat myself, but apparently I must: it is not your place to enforce the rules of this forum or tell other members how they should be conducting themselves. If you find a post to be offensive or feel that it breaks the forum rules, report the post.

Quote:
One mod has said something along those lines. But this forum has had multiple mods over the years that would never be supportive of this negative behavior.

One person has. At the same time, I have been posting in this forum longer than 99% of the people here. If need be, I can bring up old threads which clearly demonstrate Mods addressing others who are engaged in actions that are considered "personal attacks" similar to what you consistently do in most threads.
And that one person is a mod, lest you forget. And that one person has also previously told you that it is not your place to chastise and lecture others when they break the rules, and that you instead need to start reporting posts if you find they've broken rules rather than appointing yourself forum policy monitor. I would find your dismissal of my opinion insulting if I actually cared what your opinion of me was. However, as a reminder to you, Sting, it is also against the forum rules to ignore a mod's warnings and continue with the same type of behavior that brought about the warning in the first place, so I wouldn't be so quick to casually dismiss my comments. And touting your length of time posting here, while quite impressive, is irrelevant.

So, for the last time, I will repeat and make myself perfectly clear: It is not your place, duty and/or obligation to lecture other forum members on the rules of this forum. In fact the mod team would really quite prefer it if you didn't. If you find a post offensive or feel it breaks the rules, report it. Mods are not every at once, and we will not catch every instance of rule-breaking on our own. Use the report feature, do not engage the poster in an argument over who is breaking the rules and lecture them on how and why they are breaking the rules, move on and stick to the topic at hand.

Clear?
Old 06-19-2010, 02:40 PM   #49
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2387 View Post
Sigh, we have been over this before.
Yes, we have. I've talked to you before about getting personal with Sting. Since it seems you can't resist taking digs at Sting, I highly suggest you add him to your ignore list, because continuing to derail the thread(s) to attack his posting style seems like harassment to me. Ignore him, stick to it, and stick to the topic at hand.

Clear?
Old 06-19-2010, 07:20 PM   #50
Refugee

Local Time: 06:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diemen View Post
sting, i don't like having to repeat myself, but apparently i must: It is not your place to enforce the rules of this forum or tell other members how they should be conducting themselves. If you find a post to be offensive or feel that it breaks the forum rules, report the post.

And that one person is a mod, lest you forget. And that one person has also previously told you that it is not your place to chastise and lecture others when they break the rules, and that you instead need to start reporting posts if you find they've broken rules rather than appointing yourself forum policy monitor. I would find your dismissal of my opinion insulting if i actually cared what your opinion of me was. However, as a reminder to you, sting, it is also against the forum rules to ignore a mod's warnings and continue with the same type of behavior that brought about the warning in the first place, so i wouldn't be so quick to casually dismiss my comments. And touting your length of time posting here, while quite impressive, is irrelevant.

So, for the last time, i will repeat and make myself perfectly clear: it is not your place, duty and/or obligation to lecture other forum members on the rules of this forum. in fact the mod team would really quite prefer it if you didn't. If you find a post offensive or feel it breaks the rules, report it. mods are not every at once, and we will not catch every instance of rule-breaking on our own. Use the report feature, do not engage the poster in an argument over who is breaking the rules and lecture them on how and why they are breaking the rules, move on and stick to the topic at hand.

Clear?

Clear!
Old 06-21-2010, 02:22 PM   #51
Refugee

Local Time: 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemen View Post
Yes, we have. I've talked to you before about getting personal with Sting. Since it seems you can't resist taking digs at Sting, I highly suggest you add him to your ignore list, because continuing to derail the thread(s) to attack his posting style seems like harassment to me. Ignore him, stick to it, and stick to the topic at hand.

Clear?
Clear.

But I really wish we would just stop pretending that there is nothing wrong with what he does here in this forum.

Not my place to say anything regarding my opinion on how mods work here, but I would really like to know why some of my conservative friends here have been suspended/banned and sting gets a pass.