The Democrats new nominee for Senate in South Carolina! - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 06-18-2010, 12:14 AM   #31
Refugee
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,943
Local Time: 08:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by U2387 View Post
That's what he specializes in.
Wow, the personal crap continues.
__________________

__________________
Strongbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 12:21 AM   #32
Refugee
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,943
Local Time: 08:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maycocksean View Post
Strongbow.

Who seems happier about this guy's election? The Democrats or Republicans?

Implying that Democrats are eager to nominate felonious, unemployed individuals is a cheap argument.
Eager? LOL, the Democrats HAVE nominated Alvin Greene to be their South Carolina Senate candidate in the fall! He won the election with nearly 60% of the vote!
__________________

__________________
Strongbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 12:24 AM   #33
Refugee
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,943
Local Time: 08:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemen View Post
Cute.




Bingo.
He won the election with nearly 60% of the vote. In US politics, that is considered a landslide!
__________________
Strongbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 02:01 AM   #34
Refugee
 
U2387's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Boston
Posts: 2,217
Local Time: 03:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongbow View Post
Wow, the personal crap continues.
Its true.

Can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.

When you dish out absurdities, what do you expect to get back?

SC is an open primary, anyone can vote in the Democratic or Republican primaries regardless of affiliation.

Do we know the breakdown?

Did you mention the overall turnout?

How about the fact that most SC Democrats are flabbergasted at this, as is the rest of the world.

He won a Democratic Primary in a State that is a lock for Republicans in national elections. No one paid attention to it, Republicans could have very well planted someone and had their people vote in it. Its not like they haven't been proven to be up to these tricks in Florida and in NH when they jammed the phones in 2002 and told Democrats to vote on the day after election day.

Hell, Rush was telling everyone to vote in the 08 primary for Hillary. Guess what? A lot did.

Think of how much people cared about a Republican primary in MA when Ted Kennedy was up for re election. Whoever wins was the sacrificial lamb, so most Republicans went for coffee instead of finishing the ballot. If that happened with the Dems in SC, and the Repubs were told not only to vote in the primary but who to vote for, it could conceivably have happened.

But for you, this is evidence that somehow the entire Democratic Party is enamored with people like Greene and want them speaking for them.

This is clearly the implication, and it is just as clearly absurd, so you get told as much.

Not like I am the only one to notice your absurdity here on many things. Its not your views, its how you present things.
__________________
U2387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 02:18 AM   #35
Refugee
 
U2387's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Boston
Posts: 2,217
Local Time: 03:26 AM
[QUOTE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlit_Angel View Post
Oh, that's right . My mistake then, I apologize to 2861U2 for that. Thank you for correcting me.

But from what you've shared there, my argument still seems to stand overall regarding DeMint, so...



I do still watch his show, because there are things he says I do agree with (I could very easily relate to his rants about the healthcare system-when his dad was suffering, I knew full well what he was dealing with and could sympathize), but yes, he definitely has his biases, too, no argument there, and I don't always agree with everything he says. Like this issue, for instance, as stated.
I don't dislike the guy at all, just what he has turned into regarding tactics, taking things out of context, unfair shots, etc. Don't get me wrong, he may be getting close to as biased as Hannity and Rush, but he does not come close to even the tamest conservative talking head in terms of bending the facts. That is the difference. Maybe MSNBC is biased, maybe it even annoys this Democrat writing sometimes. But fast and loose with the facts like Fox? No. Olbermann has never been caught in a lie, O'Reilly averages one per half second. MSNBC looks through a certain lens and tilts a certain way, Fox is a flat out propaganda network.

I agree with what you said and didn't mean to suggest he lacked sincerity. The relation of the Health Care debate to his father's suffering was very, very personal, sincere and heartfelt. I think Olbermann genuinely cares about people and a lot of his outrage is not manufactured in the least bit.

I think his show was spectacular around 2007/2008.

I guess what really turned me off to his ways was his "Scott Brown is a homophobic, sexist, racist, etc" rant. Yes, Brown said some stupid things about Obama's parents that reflected an elitist attitude, but to draw the conclusion that he is racist? I didn't vote for the guy, but be fair, Keith.

Quote:
I dunno if I'd say Maddow's lumped into that category, she generally seems pretty calm to me. Sure, she's had her argumentative moments, but I wouldn't say she's abrasive to listen to. But that's just me.
She's calm and easily one of the smartest people on TV. The woman is flat out brilliant, even if she sits to the left of me by a good deal.

I guess with her, its more of a blatant biased issue(major network pulls from liberal talk radio for a Prime time anchor slot) that screams "FOX." She is calm and reasoned, sure, but to me, she is very uncompromising. The Rick Warren debate and the public option come to mind. A lot of times, the perfect is the enemy of the good with her, and the President, already (wrongly) perceived as a socialist, needs to move to the left. No, Barack Obama does not need to commit political suicide. A moderate means to achieving progressive goals worked fine with Clinton, it will work for Obama as the economy improves.

Again, remember, she is, like Olbermann, still worlds apart from the flat out lying Fox people.




Quote:
LOL. That's an excellent point, though, yes, that's definitely an option, too. The voters should use the "write-in" option. Would be interesting to see what came of that.
The write in is one of my most used options when I go to the voting booth!
__________________
U2387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 11:29 AM   #36
Refugee
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,943
Local Time: 08:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by U2387 View Post
Its true.

Can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.

When you dish out absurdities, what do you expect to get back?



Not like I am the only one to notice your absurdity here on many things. Its not your views, its how you present things.
From the Faq/rules section of this forum which YOU agreed to abide by when you registered as a member here:

Quote:
Personally attacking other members of the forum is unacceptable and may result in an individual warning to the members in question, which may ultimately lead to banishment from the forum.
http://www.u2interference.com/forums...ork&page=rules
__________________
Strongbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 12:12 PM   #37
Refugee
 
U2387's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Boston
Posts: 2,217
Local Time: 03:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongbow View Post
From the Faq/rules section of this forum which YOU agreed to abide by when you registered as a member here:



http://www.u2interference.com/forums...ork&page=rules
Saying you use cheap arguments is not a personal attack, it has to do with your posting style and habits.

The mods have told you that you are wrong here as well, so keep racking up the stupid comments.

You probably have the interference all time record for those.
__________________
U2387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 01:37 PM   #38
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,685
Local Time: 02:26 AM
This really could have been a funny and interesting thread, but the way you framed Sting was cheap and pathetic...

Shit thread
__________________
BVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 02:23 PM   #39
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
2861U2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: watching the Cubs
Posts: 4,253
Local Time: 03:26 AM
Back on topic, I guess yesterday was the meeting among SC Dem leaders, and they voted to keep Greene as the candidate. That guy will be fun to watch.
__________________
2861U2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 07:59 PM   #40
Refugee
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,943
Local Time: 08:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by U2387 View Post
Saying you use cheap arguments is not a personal attack, it has to do with your posting style and habits.

:
Really? So what would be an example of a personal attack?

Just so you know what the forum rules consider to be a "personal attack" can include the following:

Quote:
Anything that is a personal attack (by personal attack, we also include yawns, rolleyes, etc. that are directly intended to annoy, or used excessively).
http://www.u2interference.com/forums...ork&page=rules

With that broad an interpertation, its rather obvious that unnecessary negative comments about other forum members would be included and they have been in the past.

Funny thing is, you already acknowledged that it was personal when you responded to my comment about more personal crap with this:

Quote:
Its true.

Can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.

When you dish out absurdities, what do you expect to get back?

More importantly, why do you insist on talking about other forum members posting styles and habbits? What does that have to do with the thread topic?

Quote:
The mods have told you that you are wrong here as well, so keep racking up the stupid comments.
One mod has said something along those lines. But this forum has had multiple mods over the years that would never be supportive of this negative behavior.

Why would any mod be supportive of NEGATIVE comments made about other forum members that obviously have nothing to do with the topic?

Quote:
You probably have the interference all time record for those.
The best threads are ones that don't involve immature negative comments about other forum members that contribute nothing to the discussion or one's position on the issue being discussed.

Believe it or not, its possible to disagree with another forum member on an issue without having to say something negative about that forum member.
__________________
Strongbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 08:33 PM   #41
Refugee
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,943
Local Time: 08:26 AM
Here is another interview of the Democrats new nominee for the US Senate from South Carolina, Alvin Greene!


YouTube - Mark Levin interviews Alvin Greene Part 1 of 2

YouTube - Mark Levin interviews Alvin Greene Part 2 of 2
__________________
Strongbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 08:48 PM   #42
Refugee
 
Bluer White's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Maine
Posts: 1,886
Local Time: 03:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maycocksean View Post
I'm sorry, but Republican plant or not, that this imbecile would win the Democratic primary in South Carolina really has to be put at the feet of the Democratic voters in that state. (I'm assuming they don't have an open primary?). They should be held accountable for failing to do their homework.
Yes.


What does this have to do with the OP, Strongbow? Greene's win is not newsworthy?

(And I'm certainly not addressing you here, Sean)
__________________
Bluer White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 09:26 PM   #43
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
maycocksean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: The Most Important State in the Union
Posts: 4,882
Local Time: 03:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluer White View Post
Yes.


What does this have to do with the OP, Strongbow? Greene's win is not newsworthy?

(And I'm certainly not addressing you here, Sean)
Except.

Except. Apparently, SC's Democratic primary is open. I didn't know that, but I believe I asked about it earlier. I noticed that Strongbow, normally so quick the chapter and verse when it comes to facts, failed to clarify that for me.

This means that anyone could have voted in the primary, not just the Dems. And given that there is a precedent for plants in state elections there, I have to give credence to the theory that this guy is a plant.
__________________
maycocksean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 01:44 AM   #44
Refugee
 
U2387's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Boston
Posts: 2,217
Local Time: 03:26 AM
Quote:
Strongbow
Sigh, we have been over this before.

Pointing out that the way you frame things and argue about ISSUES is not a personal attack.

A personal attack would be something like Sting is a........(fill in the blank)

Quote:
Just so you know what the forum rules consider to be a "personal attack" can include the following:



http://www.u2interference.com/forums...ork&page=rules

With that broad an interpertation, its rather obvious that unnecessary negative comments about other forum members would be included and they have been in the past.
Many here have told you that your interpretation of the rules is wrong.

Where did I use any winks or sarcastic expressions?

Quote:
Funny thing is, you already acknowledged that it was personal when you responded to my comment about more personal crap with this:
You use cheap arguments.

That is not a personal attack, that just is.

Its related to the discussion of the issues in here.



Quote:
More importantly, why do you insist on talking about other forum members posting styles and habbits? What does that have to do with the thread topic?
Taking facts out of context and outright lying like you often do has everything to do with the thread topic.

Many have pointed this out.



Quote:
One mod has said something along those lines. But this forum has had multiple mods over the years that would never be supportive of this negative behavior.
I am pretty sure that one mod knows the rules of the forum otherwise he wouldn't be a mod.

The rest would back up his interpretation.

Quote:
Why would any mod be supportive of NEGATIVE comments made about other forum members that obviously have nothing to do with the topic?
Thats not what my comments are.


Quote:
The best threads are ones that don't involve immature negative comments about other forum members that contribute nothing to the discussion or one's position on the issue being discussed.
This from the person who has never contributed anything of value to the discussion at interference and is widely known as a running joke.

Quote:
Believe it or not, its possible to disagree with another forum member on an issue without having to say something negative about that forum member.
I've done this many times, here and in real life.

Ask Diamond or Bluer White or AEON if I can disagree without being disagreeable.

Many times when I've gone over the line, I've caught it myself and made amends with forum member in question before the mods even told me to knock it off.

Your the only one here I have ever had a real problem with.
__________________
U2387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 01:30 PM   #45
Refugee
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,943
Local Time: 08:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by U2387 View Post
Sigh, we have been over this before.

Pointing out that the way you frame things and argue about ISSUES is not a personal attack.

A personal attack would be something like Sting is a........(fill in the blank)



.
Quote:
Definitions of Personal attack on the Web:

•An ad hominem argument, also known as argumentum ad hominem (Latin: "argument toward the person" or "argument against the person"), is an argument which links the validity of a premise to a characteristic or belief of the person advocating the premise. ...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Personal_attack

•Making of an abusive remark instead of providing evidence when examining another person's claims or comments
en.wiktionary.org/wiki/personal_attack
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&r...A&ved=0CBIQkAE


1. What does pointing out the posting habbits of other members of the forum have to do with a discussion about Obama, Alvin Greene or virtually any of the topics being discussed in here?

2. If you are saying something NEGATIVE about another forum member, it is indeed a personal attack the way personal attacks are defined by the rules.

3. Personal attacks go well beyond simply calling another forum member a name.

Quote:
Many here have told you that your interpretation of the rules is wrong.
One person has. At the same time, I have been posting in this forum longer than 99% of the people here. If need be, I can bring up old threads which clearly demonstrate Mods addressing others who are engaged in actions that are considered "personal attacks" similar to what you consistently do in most threads.

Quote:
You use cheap arguments.

That is not a personal attack, that just is.

Its related to the discussion of the issues in here.
1. I have not really made an argument in this thread at all.

2. Saying someone else uses cheap arguments is not a statement of fact, its an OPINION. A Negative OPINION of another forum member.

3. Again, are you incapable of expressing your opinion on the topic without making negative comments about other forum members?

Quote:
Taking facts out of context and outright lying like you often do has everything to do with the thread topic.

Many have pointed this out.
Again, are you incapable of expressing your opinion on the topic without accusing another forum member of lying?

Quote:
Thats not what my comments are.
The comments in question are about another forum member. Would you consider the comments to be nice, positive, and respectful of that forum member?










Quote:
This from the person who has never contributed anything of value to the discussion at interference and is widely known as a running joke.

Perfect example. Can you explain how the above comments about another forum member are NOT negative, CANNOT be considered a personal attack, and contribute to the topic being discussed in the thread?

Some simple Icons, like rolleyes are considered personal attacks, yet you think saying another forum member has NEVER contributed anything of value to the discussion at intererence and is widely known as a running joke, is according to YOU, NOT a personal attack? Explain.

Quote:
Your the only one here I have ever had a real problem with.
Well, how many problems would you have with this or any forum member if you consistently kept your opinions on the topic and issue being discussed rather than making a negative comment about another forum member?

Do you have the ability to express your opinions and make your point about Obama, Alvin Greene, the economy, Republican policies or ideas, without making a negative comment about another forum member?


Can you explain how accusing another forum member at interference of not contributing anything to the discussion, accusing them of lying, accusing them of SPECIALIZING IN CHEAP ARGUMENTS, contributes to the thread topic on an issue like Obama's handling of the Gulf oil spill, whether you support Obama's surge of troops in Afghanistan, or a thread about Alvin Greene?
__________________

__________________
Strongbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com