Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login

Old 03-28-2010, 01:46 AM   #91
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 07:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreadsox View Post
But Melon, there were people who crossed aisles when you were slaying those dragons. You and I debated and I had to elevate my game to even pretend to be in your league. But when people got out of line, it did not matter what ideaology, they crossed lines publicly and behind the scenes to stand up for you, me, and others when the line was crossed.
I would certainly say that things were more vibrant in those days. The bad moments were quite outweighed by the great ones, and perhaps it is fitting that things are neither as bad nor as good as before.

Decidedly, I don't put blame on this forum as to why I don't contribute much anymore. On one hand, politics are just boring these days, if one finds the 24-hour news cycle to be pitifully lacking like I do. On the other, though, I'm just incredibly introverted nowadays, marching to my own drum beat. I read a lot of history, a good dose of classical philosophy, been reading some Borges, and I've been working on some animation and design projects. And I've just found that it's really quite difficult to talk about the same old, same old in here.

I dunno...I certainly regret that I haven't chatted with y'all in a while, but I'm thinking I'm probably best these days conversing by e-mail. I'm just not in the mood to argue like I once was.

Old 03-28-2010, 03:15 AM   #92
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 06:34 PM
melon, ever read this short story of his?
The Garden of Forking Paths Jorge Luis Borges For Victoria Ocampo Trans

Old 03-28-2010, 04:23 PM   #93
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 07:34 PM
wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by melon View Post
I would certainly say that things were more vibrant in those days. The bad moments were quite outweighed by the great ones, and perhaps it is fitting that things are neither as bad nor as good as before.

Decidedly, I don't put blame on this forum as to why I don't contribute much anymore. On one hand, politics are just boring these days, if one finds the 24-hour news cycle to be pitifully lacking like I do. On the other, though, I'm just incredibly introverted nowadays, marching to my own drum beat. I read a lot of history, a good dose of classical philosophy, been reading some Borges, and I've been working on some animation and design projects. And I've just found that it's really quite difficult to talk about the same old, same old in here.

I dunno...I certainly regret that I haven't chatted with y'all in a while, but I'm thinking I'm probably best these days conversing by e-mail. I'm just not in the mood to argue like I once was.
I am not in the mood either. My job has taken much of my time. My children are older, and keeping a marriage going is work when the children and the job are taking so much of my time.

retirement is a nice place to be
Old 03-28-2010, 07:55 PM   #94
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 01:34 AM
FYM is fine, in my opinion. Could benefit from more diversity of viewpoints but basically it's fine. Now personally, much like Melon, I'm not that interested in discussing politics any more.