Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login

Old 01-18-2010, 03:11 PM   #1
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 03:38 AM
"The day I decided to stop being gay"

Quote:
Gays have children these days, of course they do, and not always to accessorise an outfit. Some gay couples adopt; others follow twisting paths to biological parenthood, often quite expensively, with the involvement of test tubes and cash changing hands. It is, really, a sort of snook to the system of nature. Shooting for the net without the chore of running with the ball. It’s just not for me.
Quote:
I wince when gays describe boyfriends as “husbands”, subverting a solemn institution created to provide stability for child-rearing. Besides, it seems highly perverse that gays should fight for freedom from the bonds of heterosexual morality and then set to copying their oppressors by creating similar contracts of their own.
The day I decided to stop being gay - Times Online

Let the flames commence......

Old 01-18-2010, 03:26 PM   #2
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by financeguy View Post
Gays have children these days, of course they do, and not always to accessorise an outfit
First of all, what a douchebag stereotype to make

Second, heterosexual parents are certainly not guilty of having children for selfish purposes - to accessorise their lifestyle/fix their relationships/fill a void, etc.... Right?

Quote:
Some gay couples adopt; others follow twisting paths to biological parenthood, often quite expensively, with the involvement of test tubes and cash changing hands. It is, really, a sort of snook to the system of nature.
Again, it's not as though many, many heterosexual couples go this same route........... right?

Quote:
Besides, it seems highly perverse that gays should fight for freedom from the bonds of heterosexual morality and then set to copying their oppressors by creating similar contracts of their own.

All heterosexual marriages are fine examples of morality and it's certainly not like any homosexual unions couple provide better examples of monogamy and morality.. blah blah blah, etc.

Old 01-18-2010, 03:34 PM   #3
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:38 PM
Quote:

Let the flames commence......
Wow, you realize that the gays aren't actually flamers, don't you?
Old 01-18-2010, 03:35 PM   #4
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 09:38 PM
These comments say it better than I:

Quote:
The Author of this article is clearly bisexual and not gay. He even admits that he was attracted to the opposite sex.

Pretending that you gay when you are a bisexual is both misleading and false.

The article name should be "The day I confessed that I am Bisexual while pretending that i am gay"

This article is definately dangerous because it will cause parents of gay youths to think that being gay is a choise and reject their children for not "wanting" to change.
Quote:
You should have explored your bi sexuality a long time ago and decided which sex you liked best. There is no need to hate gays, straights or yourself. I hope you find love and soon.
Why the media loves to indulge the self-loathing is beyond me.
Old 01-18-2010, 04:58 PM   #5
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 08:38 PM
this was a prominent story in the times... was rather surprised to see it displayed where it was.

needless to say, the guardian wouldn't have gone about this in the same way. ha
Old 01-18-2010, 05:09 PM   #6
War Child

Old 01-18-2010, 05:33 PM   #7
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Do we really need a thread every time a bisexual picks a side, or when a gay person gets back into the closet?
Old 01-18-2010, 05:40 PM   #8
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrTeeth View Post
Do we really need a thread every time a bisexual picks a side, or when a gay person gets back into the closet?
Yeah... I don't really get the point.
Old 01-18-2010, 05:51 PM   #9
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:38 PM
let nothing touch my lips, but his name in praise!

Quote:
The day I decided to stop being gay
Prayer Warriors everywhere are rejoicing.

Fall on your knees.
Old 01-18-2010, 05:57 PM   #10
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrTeeth View Post
Sorry for boring you. If the topic is not of interest, why not create a thread yourself?
Old 01-18-2010, 05:59 PM   #11
Blue Crack Supplier

the author can fuck whomever he chooses, but the gay bashing is really tasteless and makes me feel nothing but contempt for this poor little man.
Old 01-18-2010, 06:11 PM   #12
ONE
love, blood, life

His views on gay marriages are controversial in today's society (and bear in mind, we are talking about a UK newspaper here, not a US one). I fail to see, however, that it constitutes gay bashing or even self-hatred. Sorry, but I just find that approach judgemental and ultimately a double standard.
Old 01-18-2010, 07:05 PM   #13
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
His views on gay marriages are controversial in today's society (and bear in mind, we are talking about a UK newspaper here, not a US one). I fail to see, however, that it constitutes gay bashing or even self-hatred. Sorry, but I just find that approach judgemental and ultimately a double standard.
The issue is not with his decision to start dating women; if he wants to be a "late-in-life bisexual," I see it as being no different than Meredith Baxter's realization that she's a "late-in-life lesbian." Sometimes, the road to self discovery is a long and winding road.

The issue is that he's taken upon himself to paint homosexuality with a broadly offensive brush, which is quite clearly based on self-hatred.

Quote:
Some will dismiss it as heresy. I have long argued that homosexuality is natural but abnormal, to a torrent of hostility from gay friends who refuse to acknowledge that what you are and what stake you hold in society are not the same.

Loving your own sex occurs in nature, without artificial triggers. But it is still not average behaviour. Homosexuality is an aberration; a natural aberration. Gays are a minority and minorities, though sometimes vocal, do not hold sway.

A 12th-century chronicler, quoted by the historian Christopher Hibbert in his History of England, wrote of the homosexual king William Rufus: “All things that are loathsome to God and to earnest men were customary in this land in his time.” In modern times, we have become accustomed to abnormality again.
Point #1, if taken alone, I'm willing to set aside as a game of semiotics.

Point #2 is generally offensive to minorities, in general, as if, because they "do not hold sway" are irrelevant. Sure, tell that to racial minorities who will likely always be a minority in the West, but won't be given opportunity to wake up and become a "late-in-life white person."

And Point #3 is the dead ringer for self-loathing by citing a religious-based quotation making reference to homosexuality as "loathsome to God" and making yet another mention of "abnormality"--thus connection his apparent preoccupation with normality and aberration in his previous points.

Quote:
I wince when gays describe boyfriends as “husbands”, subverting a solemn institution created to provide stability for child-rearing. Besides, it seems highly perverse that gays should fight for freedom from the bonds of heterosexual morality and then set to copying their oppressors by creating similar contracts of their own.
And is it not bad enough that not only does he discover his bisexuality, but then has to do it by painting broadly offensive strokes about those who are gay?

Really, who the fuck is Patrick Muirhead, and why should I care about what he says over what decades of medical and psychiatric research says that show that gay families can be as happy and productive as their heterosexual counterparts? He may be of the generation that thinks of homosexuality as merely "fucking in a rest area bathroom," but he certainly doesn't speak for the rest of us.

My bets are that he's now affiliated with an "ex-gay" organization, because too much of the language he chose to use is right from their playbook.
Old 01-18-2010, 07:13 PM   #14
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Soooo, speaking as a homophobe, am I supposed to hate this guy or not?
Old 01-18-2010, 07:15 PM   #15
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by INDY500 View Post
Soooo, speaking as a homophobe, am I supposed to hate this guy or not?
As a homophobe, feel free to make love to him.