The Chakras - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 11-25-2011, 11:10 AM   #1
The Fly
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Manchester, England
Posts: 288
Local Time: 12:27 PM
The Chakras



__________________

neil c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 05:03 PM   #2
War Child
 
Dfit00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Palm Beach, FL
Posts: 894
Local Time: 08:27 AM
All of the prescriptions rely on a sense of hope and positive thinking, it is best to forget about hope and positive thinking and go out and make the difference of what's affecting your life.

Action by itself is more powerful than anything else.
__________________

Dfit00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 07:18 PM   #3
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
Pearl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: NYC
Posts: 5,655
Local Time: 08:27 AM
Not all rely on hope and positive thinking. Some say to go out and volunteer, do martial arts, watch an emotional movie and so forth.

Besides, many psychological studies point out focusing on positive thinking and hope are very effective for those suffering from anxiety, depression and other problems.
Pearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 07:28 PM   #4
War Child
 
Dfit00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Palm Beach, FL
Posts: 894
Local Time: 08:27 AM
I'm not denying that hope and being positive does help you.

But it can also have the opposite effect when you expect too much when putting your emotions and what you desire on hope and not on real actions.
Dfit00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 07:32 PM   #5
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
Pearl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: NYC
Posts: 5,655
Local Time: 08:27 AM
I see your point, but you need positivity before you take any actions.

Is that what you mean?
Pearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 07:33 PM   #6
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
the iron horse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: in a glass of CheerWine
Posts: 3,266
Local Time: 08:27 AM
I'm a nonbeliever.
the iron horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 07:35 PM   #7
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
Pearl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: NYC
Posts: 5,655
Local Time: 08:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the iron horse View Post
I'm a nonbeliever.
In chakras or positive thinking?

Even though I believe in Jesus, I believe the chakras are very real based on my experiences. If anyone were to ask about my beliefs, I say I've got one foot in Christianity, another foot in free form spirituality.
Pearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 07:40 PM   #8
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
the iron horse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: in a glass of CheerWine
Posts: 3,266
Local Time: 08:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearl View Post
In chakras or positive thinking?

Even though I believe in Jesus, I believe the chakras are very real based on my experiences. If anyone were to ask about my beliefs, I say I've got one foot in Christianity, another foot in free form spirituality.

I just meant to say I was not a believer in chakras.

I am a follower of that rebel from Narzareth
the iron horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 07:49 PM   #9
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
Pearl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: NYC
Posts: 5,655
Local Time: 08:27 AM
Yes, you've mentioned that quite a few times.
Pearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 07:50 PM   #10
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
Kieran McConville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Auto Dafoe
Posts: 9,760
Local Time: 10:27 PM
I never realised that before. Seriously.
Kieran McConville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 07:52 PM   #11
War Child
 
Dfit00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Palm Beach, FL
Posts: 894
Local Time: 08:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearl View Post
I see your point, but you need positivity before you take any actions.

Is that what you mean?
Yes, what I was referring is that you have to give your best on everything that you do in life and especially when those actions bring you benefits to your well being.

Once you have done that, once you've given all you had, then you're guaranteed to achieve that goal with success in the end. Of course bad things happen, it can take a long time or somehow get deviated or change drastically to the opposite-negative effect by things that you can't control. But you can't blame hope or blame positivity at that point, you have to keep doing actions in order to achieve what you want with the right and positive attitude.
Dfit00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 07:57 PM   #12
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
Pearl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: NYC
Posts: 5,655
Local Time: 08:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dfit00 View Post
Yes, what I was referring is that you have to give your best on everything that you do in life and especially when those actions bring you benefits to your well being.

Once you have done that, once you've given all you had, then you're guaranteed to achieve that goal with success in the end. Of course bad things happen, it can take a long time or somehow get deviated or change drastically to the opposite-negative effect by things that you can't control. But you can't blame hope or blame positivity at that point, you have to keep doing actions in order to achieve what you want with the right and positive attitude.
Understood
Pearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 08:29 PM   #13
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Canadiens1131's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 10,363
Local Time: 08:27 AM
My anal chakra is doing marvellously, thankyou.
Canadiens1131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 08:46 PM   #14
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Jive Turkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 13,646
Local Time: 07:27 AM
Iron Horse needs solid proof, man. Proof. No empirical data, no deal
Jive Turkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 10:36 PM   #15
Blue Crack Addict
 
PhilsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: South Philadelphia
Posts: 19,074
Local Time: 08:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the iron horse View Post
I just meant to say I was not a believer in chakras.

I am a follower of that rebel from Narzareth
You follow Mario Andretti as well? No shit! That's pretty damn cool, I didn't know.
__________________

PhilsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com