Terror Attack in Nice, France

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Blood. Time after time it looks like a bigger, more and more upsetting stuff. I suffer for the shot dead person in France as for the child in the blood in Aleppo being bombed.

But this is almost gradually approaching to recreate a war like scenario in the heart of Europe.

Collective conscience and feelings are hurt by this.

Next, this pollutes European ideologies. Inside the Parliaments as outside, in the streets.

If a potential outcast becomes crazed or fanatic over an extremist way of leading his life (eventually up to his own death), the vicious cycle won't stop.

On the other hand, I'm aware that even without fueled ideologies or xenophobia, this could very well happen - Spain, 2004 - London, Summer 2005.

But this time, the dimension of this kind of things is bigger. So is the aftermath. Emotionally, socially, politically...

Why would you guys want to watch that? :(

Maybe because I've seen enough carnage and death up close I never understand the need to watch it on a computer.

Why would you guys want to watch that? :(

Maybe because I've seen enough carnage and death up close I never understand the need to watch it on a computer.

I'm not squeamish. I watched it once. Sometimes you need a stark unfiltered reminder of what evil can do.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I'm not squeamish. I watched it once. Sometimes you need a stark unfiltered reminder of what evil can do.

I don't think it's about squeamishness to be honest.

I guess I don't need a stark unfiltered reminder, I was a very young child when I saw it first hand and I remember it very well. Believe me when I tell you that what you are seeing is not "unfiltered"...nothing on a screen is.

Awful. I really didn't want another morning of choking on my breakfast when I loaded the news.

i watched it before i came to this thread - you can kinda see 3-4 out-of-focus bodies way off in the distance across a four lane road. it's filmed from a hotel balcony and it's really dark. a fire truck shows up and all you can really see is that from that point on. most of it was him describing what happened and the people on the periscope chat calling him a liar.

it's not graphic, for me nowhere close to gut-wrenching like 9/11 jumpers. unless there's some other, much worse one you guys saw, in which case please don't tell me about it.

i feel really strange wishing this, but i hope that whoever did this is not muslim. i just don't want to see more fuel added to that that particular fire.

i feel really strange wishing this, but i hope that whoever did this is not muslim. i just don't want to see more fuel added to that that particular fire.
I'd say the chance is pretty high that it has something to do with IS.

The Belgian national holiday is July 21. At this point I think there'll be more police than people in the streets

Yeah, I understand where you're coming from, DaveC.

I have no desire to watch the footage myself, and while I agree with the "stark reminder" argument, I think it can also, sometimes, just fan the flames of anger and revenge in people.

But others have their reasons for watching, too, so...

I get exactly what you mean.

Or inspired by ISIS, Al-Quaeda etc and that truck's cargo bound for some future planned horrific attack? ,geeeeeez

Actually just listen to NPR they were saying there was a (maybe) recent conference where this type of attack was noted as an Al-Quaeda type

Last edited:
i watched it before i came to this thread - you can kinda see 3-4 out-of-focus bodies way off in the distance across a four lane road. it's filmed from a hotel balcony and it's really dark. a fire truck shows up and all you can really see is that from that point on. most of it was him describing what happened and the people on the periscope chat calling him a liar.

it's not graphic, for me nowhere close to gut-wrenching like 9/11 jumpers. unless there's some other, much worse one you guys saw, in which case please don't tell me about it.
There's other video out there of someone walking down the street after the truck passed by. It was highly graphic and very much up close.

because religion is a cancer to just about everything

I watched those too. Reminds me of watching the 9/11 jumpers

I too watched those people jumping on 9/11 and to this day it is burned in my memory and perhaps the only positive thing about that is I will never forget that anger I felt. With that said, I have 0 desire to see a new massacre video and it would be just painful to see. I am however okay that these exist because it will always remind us of what most of us are up against and what is really out there.

It's just sad.....

Back
Top Bottom