Ten Politically Incorrect Truths About Human Nature

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yet preference for blue eyes seems both universal and undeniable—in males as well as females. One explanation is that the human pupil dilates when an individual is exposed to something that she likes. For instance, the pupils of women and infants (but not men) spontaneously dilate when they see babies. Pupil dilation is an honest indicator of interest and attraction. And the size of the pupil is easiest to determine in blue eyes. Blue-eyed people are considered attractive as potential mates because it is easiest to determine whether they are interested in us or not.
This one's funny because I've been told, multiple times, by people from, well, parts of the world where most everyone is brown-eyed that they find "colored" eyes rather discomfiting--that brown eyes seem more emotive and expressive, whereas paler eyes seem "icy" and make it harder to read the person's feelings. TBH, even though I have "colored" eyes myself, I think I agree with them.

Judging from my cursory reading of that link, so far if anything, a lot of those supposed truths don't seem to be speaking very well of men's intellects or their actions. It seems to paint them as kind of, for lack of a better word, stupid (of course, some could argue that some of that stuff is biological in nature, but I don't know if I always buy that).

I'd definitely say there is indeed some truth to a lot of those statements. Some interesting theories as well that I haven't heard much about.

Angela

Number four is one that will not be tolerate for free and open discussion.

Wanna try?

well......some other religion/creed may creep up soon.....it would seem to stand as a truth at this particular moment in time

you could expand that to simply say most suicide bombers are "middle eastern".....but yet they still are in the super minority of the population there... the majority of which are good and humble people

i prefer brunettes BTW..though i've never dated one

brown eyes are cool.......i like pretty much every color of womens eyes:wave:

Number four is one that will not be tolerate for free and open discussion.

Wanna try?

Really? I assume you have never watched Fox news.

On that list I would have thought number 10 is the most un-PC - but also obviously psychologically true. Almost a truism in fact.

Back
Top Bottom