Ted Kennedy, R.I.P.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Probably true, but still wrong arena.

<>

Why? When musicians pass away people celebrate their lives and their music, when charity workers pass away they celebrate their lives and their charities, and yes they push those charities.

Why is this different?

It's a freakin' funeral and should be celebrated the way the dead person and the family would have wanted it.

Period. It's in incredibly bad taste to be criticizing how somebody that you don't even know chooses to organize their own affairs and ceremony. Tacky as hell.

It's a freakin' funeral and should be celebrated the way the dead person and the family would have wanted it.

Period. It's in incredibly bad taste to be criticizing how somebody that you don't even know chooses to organize their own affairs and ceremony. Tacky as hell.

but these are Republicans we're dealing with. there is no decency from the Crazy Party.

I think people should say what they think, and if some posters didn't like Ted Kennedy, let them say it.

The former US Ambassador to Ireland (and Bush crony) Richard Egan killed himself a few days ago, incidentally. I guarantee you guys on the left would not be posting asking everyone else respect the wishes of the family, etc, if you wished to post critical things regarding Richard Egan (and I think there is quite a lot to criticise, frankly, though he did great things in business)

http://www.boston.com/news/local/ma.../30/police_egan_gunshot_wound_self_inflicted/

:hmm:

Ahhhh yes.....

As much as I disagree with Diamond's post...:down:I plan on many things happening at my funeral Diamond!

I would say that there is the potential for assholes on both sides of the aisle...:doh:

Of course its easier to find them on a message board, rather than in the real world....:reject:

In the real world...the people in the parties have to work together to accomplish things for the common good...as represented by the Republicans who came to the funeral this weekend.:hug:

Or maybe they were the Crazy ones.:shifty:

Be well everyone!

I think people should say what they think, and if some posters didn't like Ted Kennedy, let them say it.

The former US Ambassador to Ireland (and Bush crony) Richard Egan killed himself a few days ago, incidentally. I guarantee you guys on the left would not be posting asking everyone else respect the wishes of the family, etc, if you wished to post critical things regarding Richard Egan (and I think there is quite a lot to criticise, frankly, though he did great things in business)

Police: Egan gunshot wound self inflicted - The Boston Globe

I've never been one for shutting down threads because of a lack of reverence or what have you.

I do think that it's tacky and kind of low class to be commenting on the readings that a deceased person chose to have at their bloody funeral mass, as if that is anybody's business but theirs and their family's. I happen to think that Bush was a horrid president and a dimwit, but he can structure his funeral whichever way he likes; I don't think that it should be my business to offer a critique of it.

I know, I know we blow smoke in their faces and they cut our heads off.
And you're upset about the 2nd hand smoke.
Where are my priorities?

Sheesh.

<>

It was much more than that.
They were praying for political agenda(s).

Yeah, praying that everyone has access to healthcare is a political agenda and not at all a component of social justice that, despite their zillion other flaws, the Catholic Church has always advocated for.

Perhaps you've never been to a Mass before; none of that was out of place.

I'm beginning to suspect that you are unable to actually read since nothing on that page has anything to do with what is customarily found in the Prayers of the Faithful.

Anyway, I have neither the inclination nor the time to deal with your usual uninformed silliness, so have yourself a nice night.

20091515531110977801.jpg

Praying to help the poor(something that is mentioned hundreds of times in the Bible) = politial agenda.

Praying that the government doesn't take away your guns is fine though...

Ted Kennedy was a lifelong politician. It's only natural that the causes he championed up until his dying day would be mentioned. They were as much a part of his life as his family. Politics and the Kennedy name are one in the same; why is this so shocking?:scratch:

I would bet that the majority of Catholics who were/are upset would fall into the conservative mold, strict anti abortionist, who are upset because there are concerns for the many Catholic Hospitals, that can potenitally be impacted by the health care system. If memory serves correctly, there were concerns with the health care program that possibly could cause the Catholic doctors and hospitals to have to provide abortions ect. There was a priest on the radio explaining the church and its opposition to the national health care bill. In that light, there are many Catholics who feel he was not adhearing to the churches teachings and bear a grudge towards the Senator.

There were many little things bent to make the service special to his loved ones. There were many things bent by a local priest for my friend Bob, who had two churches refuse to bury him. The priest showed compassion towards Bob and conducted his funeral. How come that was not on the message boards?

In all my life, I have NEVER EVER heard of anyone screaming and crying that a rule was broken for a funeral. There are people who hold a hatred in their hearts towards the Kennedy family...right or wrong...that is truly what the issue is.

Kennedy letter to pope sought support - The Boston Globe

And look here :O)

The response, in turn, revealed the top echelon of the church to be far less conflicted and chastising than some of its American adherents, offering comfort rather than confrontation.

“The letters reflect the cordiality and mutual respect that ought to characterize relationships within the Catholic community, even when there are serious differences,’’ said the Rev. Thomas P. Rausch, a professor of Catholic theology at Loyola Marymount University in Los Angles. And the Rev. Richard P. McBrien, a theologian at Notre Dame, said, “The Vatican’s warm reply to the senator’s letter was in striking contrast to the harshly negative rhetoric some of his critics have directed at him, even in death.’’

Kennedy letter to pope sought support - The Boston Globe

And look here :O)

The response, in turn, revealed the top echelon of the church to be far less conflicted and chastising than some of its American adherents, offering comfort rather than confrontation.

“The letters reflect the cordiality and mutual respect that ought to characterize relationships within the Catholic community, even when there are serious differences,’’ said the Rev. Thomas P. Rausch, a professor of Catholic theology at Loyola Marymount University in Los Angles. And the Rev. Richard P. McBrien, a theologian at Notre Dame, said, “The Vatican’s warm reply to the senator’s letter was in striking contrast to the harshly negative rhetoric some of his critics have directed at him, even in death.’’

:up:

No brother <> was not referring to you with that. More the punditry that is on the radio waves.

Back
Top Bottom