Teaching As A Career

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gonna Run 2 U

New Yorker
Im thinking about getting a masters degree in education and becoming a teacher. Any there teachers on here that may want to give me some insight?

Well I would like to know if its a rewarding career and things like that. I dont see myself sitting behind a desk at a computer all day for the rest of my life. I think it would be interesting to have a feeling of actually doing something productive and good (teaching kids). I want to know how people feel about their career choice as a teacher. The good and bad.

It's ridiculously rewarding. I love my job (high school teacher). I love (most of) my students and feel like a lot of them actually realize and appreciate the impact I have on their lives.

I hate the bullshit that goes along with teaching, especially in a state that is 48th or 49th in spending on education.

But there's bullshit in any job. You just hope you find a job where the other stuff outweighs it. Best of luck to you. I'd recommend the education at the state university where i got my degree but the education dept is being CUT!!!!!! Oh, the irony.

:) Thanks for starting the thread. I'm looking to start an educational master after next year(or maybe the year after that if I miss too many subjects) as well. :)

I just would like to make a difference in the kid's lives... add something to it. It'd feel like my life actually serves a purpose or so I guess.

Back
Top Bottom