Teacher Fired For Fornication - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login

Old 06-15-2010, 09:13 AM   #16
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 10:00 PM
the only way she has a case is if there was a known previous incident where the same standards weren't held.

otherwise i'm with deep... she's working at an uber-christian private school. it's their rules.

it will actually be interesting to see how this plays out... they say that a school does not have the same rules as the church as far as employment goes, but the school is run by the church.

Old 06-15-2010, 03:14 PM   #17
Refugee

Local Time: 11:00 PM
right, because fucking without having the government issued piece of paper is soooooo immoral. goddamn SINNERS.

Old 06-15-2010, 04:02 PM   #18
Refugee

Location: The city of blinding lights and amazing coffee - Melbourne.
Local Time: 02:00 PM
Absolute bullshit. There is a difference between refusing to teach christian lessons, or not adhering to the code of conduct at school, or even to the point of not being religious, or beliving in the school's religious ideas etc then to having a child out of wedlock. How does this impact on her teaching, or in fact her moral code, if that is in violation? This is her EMPLOYER, what sexual past she has has NO BEARING on her teaching, or her as a person. She had sex before se was married, had the child and married the father. What is wrong with this picture?

It seems to me that yet, once again, women are being punished for sexuality. If we have sex it must be as a married woman, on our backs, hating every moment of it, and only to conceive. Any deviance from this method we're suddenly being questioned about our moral code. Absolute bullshit.
Old 06-15-2010, 04:06 PM   #19
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
the only way she has a case is if there was a known previous incident where the same standards weren't held.

otherwise i'm with deep... she's working at an uber-christian private school. it's their rules.

it will actually be interesting to see how this plays out... they say that a school does not have the same rules as the church as far as employment goes, but the school is run by the church.
You can't have rules like that! Not for a job that has no bearing on it. I cannot believe a school would invade your privacy so much. I understand wanting to know if she was Christian, if she had an criminal records or unable to teach children, and THERE IS THE LINE. Nothing to do with your sexual past, or your sexual ideas etc comes into a classroom. it doesn't even flow past your mind. I don't have sex with my boyfriend before school and then turn up into the classroom going 'wehey i got laid kids!' etc

Maybe if she was a stripper, or former prostitute, i'd understand more, but to have had sex outside of marriage to her husband is not justifiable to fire someone. Ever.
Old 06-15-2010, 04:50 PM   #20
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:00 PM
Are you with Bin Laden and against Jesus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AchtungBono View Post
Deep....I'm going to shock the hell out of you.....I agree with you.

this isn't directed at you personally, AchtungBono
but at any or all of us when we preface a post with something like,

"I am shocked to agree with (insert name here)"

We all put premises, opinions, and beliefs out here.

I like to support the ones that I believe are well reasoned and correct

and disagree with the ones I believe are wrong.
And it is a better discussion if I state my reasons. The person that puts forth the opinion,
should not invalidate the opinion if it is correct.

If BinLaden speaks out against Polanski drugging and raping a 13 year old girl anally, it does not pain me to agree with him.

If Jesus Christ speaks out in favor of stoning or slavery, it does not pain me to disagree with him.

So, are you with BinLaden and against Jesus?
Old 06-15-2010, 05:51 PM   #21
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 09:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzlingamy View Post
Absolute bullshit. There is a difference between refusing to teach christian lessons, or not adhering to the code of conduct at school, or even to the point of not being religious, or beliving in the school's religious ideas etc then to having a child out of wedlock. How does this impact on her teaching, or in fact her moral code, if that is in violation? This is her EMPLOYER, what sexual past she has has NO BEARING on her teaching, or her as a person. She had sex before se was married, had the child and married the father. What is wrong with this picture?

It seems to me that yet, once again, women are being punished for sexuality. If we have sex it must be as a married woman, on our backs, hating every moment of it, and only to conceive. Any deviance from this method we're suddenly being questioned about our moral code. Absolute bullshit.
*Applause* Excellent post.

Not to mention, I'd be curious to hear the school, or the parents of those kids, have to explain to the kids precisely why their teacher won't be back. That's not gonna be awkward and strange at all, no. Great lesson for the kiddies to learn now-anything relating to the issue of sex that you or your family is dealing with or will deal with is officially other people's business.

Angela
Old 06-15-2010, 06:00 PM   #22
Blue Crack Addict

It is a Christian school

they teach about and believe in sin, a man-made concept

as Leslie posted when her husband took a job, at a private religious school, he had to buy into their belief systems and agree to abide by them.

why would she want to stay and peddle that belief system if she does not want to abide by it.

the school should have a right to fire atheists, too.
Old 06-15-2010, 06:04 PM   #23
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep View Post

the school should have a right to fire atheists, too.
BUT, the question is do they have the right to flat out ask if they are an atheist?

It's one thing if an athiest teaches something outside of their cirriculum, but I'm not sure if even a private school has the right to flat out ask such a question, and then announce it.
Old 06-15-2010, 06:07 PM   #24
Blue Crack Addict

I am seeing your point

but, I guess by now, you may be picking up on the fact that I don't think it is possible to expect Religious people to be fair or reasonable.

if one want fairness and reasonableness, I believe they must step away from religion
Old 06-15-2010, 06:16 PM   #25
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

And I see your point and don't believe it...

There's always those that are hardlined and forget about forgiveness.

But then again being hardlined anything usually makes you a hypocrite or unreasonable a lot of the times.

I don't care if it's hardlined Republican, Democrat, athiest, or libertarian
Old 06-15-2010, 06:22 PM   #26
Refugee

I don't know, i might blur the lines a bit here, but I think its fine to ask if a person has a belief in christianity to work in a Christian school. I mean I have taught in religious schools, taught in RE and talked about Jesus and stuff, even though I don't believe it in at all, but if I was looking for a permanent post I wouldn't apply because for me, I couldn't agree with their shoving of religion down poor kids throats who don't have a choice in the matter, so perhaps I wouldn't be a gung ho as someone who truly believes?
Plus your religion does have more to do with teaching and the school seeing it is a religious school compared to your sex life. Just my opinion.
Old 06-15-2010, 06:28 PM   #27
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
And I see your point and don't believe it...

There's always those that are hardlined and forget about forgiveness.
I think there are a lot of 'good intentioned' religious people that put their own flavor of beliefs into the different religions and go away with something that has value for them

this seems pretty common in some of the different Christian adherents

still at the end of any disagreement, Religious believers can always play the wild card, "just because" without having to back it up.
Old 06-15-2010, 08:40 PM   #28
Blue Crack Supplier

people who work at Catholic schools can't get IVF.
Old 06-16-2010, 09:41 AM   #29
Blue Crack Addict

Well unless you disclose it they have no way of knowing you had IVF. They can't access medical records. Many things go on in private lives that no employer knows, Christian or not.
Old 06-16-2010, 11:35 AM   #30
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzlingamy View Post
You can't have rules like that! Not for a job that has no bearing on it. I cannot believe a school would invade your privacy so much. I understand wanting to know if she was Christian, if she had an criminal records or unable to teach children, and THERE IS THE LINE. Nothing to do with your sexual past, or your sexual ideas etc comes into a classroom. it doesn't even flow past your mind. I don't have sex with my boyfriend before school and then turn up into the classroom going 'wehey i got laid kids!' etc

Maybe if she was a stripper, or former prostitute, i'd understand more, but to have had sex outside of marriage to her husband is not justifiable to fire someone. Ever.
ok.

there's a blurry line re: this entire situation, and the line is wether or not the school as an employer has the right to hold it's employees to the same moral clauses that the church would hold it's employees to... and the only reason why this line even exists is because most private schools receive some sort of government aid.

your argument that what she does in her life has no bearing on her job is not true in this case, because it's a christian school; and a fairly strict one it seems. to the people in charge of the school it certainly does have a very important bearing on if she is qualified to work. the only question that matters is if, because they take state aid (i'm assuming), do they have the right to do something about it.

whether or not you happen to agree with the people in charge or not is not relevant.