Taxing Your Tan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I wouldn't be opposed to teens not being allowed to tan, like smoking. What teen has money to blow on tanning anyway?

I completely agree about the cancer issue-but the majority of people who do it are so addicted and in such denial that no tax is going to matter. Unfortunately they will keep doing it until they get cancer and it's too late.

I don't think that's the majority of people, just the majority of their sales. For example if ten people go tanning for 10 minutes once a month but one person goes tanning 15 minutes 4 times a week.... I know many, many people in west Michigan that go for the same reason I do but no one that goes even 1/4 as much as the oompaloompa people/tan addicts. So, a tax would be marginal to someone who has half an ounce of common sense but hopefully more punitive to the tan addicts.

What teen has money to blow on tanning anyway?

If they don't have a job I would guess that they use money from their parents.

I'm pasty white, I stay out of the sun and my skin looks better because of it. I just wish I would have stayed out of it when I was younger because my skin would look even better. I wouldn't even dream of going into a tanning bed.

I would not have dreamt of it either until my mental health was the issue. As a teenager I would not have been paid to go tanning let alone blow money on it. My younger sister had a classmate who had a tanning bed in her own home. :huh:

Back
Top Bottom