Take FYM's top 4 threads and you have America's undeclared civil war in microcosm

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
FYM's civil war in microcosm:

Indy 500: Thank God I live in a country where a civil war cleaned out our racist tendencies. Oh, wait. The 2008 presidential election.

BVS: That's revisionist history if I've ever seen it. :huh: :|

Deep: I

have nothing

to contribute

except

irresolute pot-stirring

Pfan: God, you're fucking dense.

<>: Nothing that socialized medicine can't fix :sexywink: dbs

6_3_michael_phelps.jpg

2824463948_bf067eff82.jpg

Iron Horse: How 'bout that rebel from Nazareth?

LemonMelon: :lock:

For the record, I can't really work it out, despite the apparent flipness of my thread title. I don't think for a second it's all about Obama, or Bush, or even Nixon. It seems to be a long thread. The 19th century 'know nothings'? The other civil war. Curdled Cold War ideology? The legacy of Roosevelt's 12-year tenure and resentment thereof? etc.

Who knows.

For the record, I can't really work it out, despite the apparent flipness of my thread title. I don't think for a second it's all about Obama, or Bush, or even Nixon. It seems to be a long thread. The 19th century 'know nothings'? The other civil war. Curdled Cold War ideology? The legacy of Roosevelt's 12-year tenure and resentment thereof? etc.

Who knows.

"19th century 'know nothings'"

I don't know what you mean? A lot of knowledge was going on in the 19th century.

As far as Roosevelt being elected to four terms. Fine with me. The US Constitution did not place a term limit. The Republicans passed that restriction because they were upset a Democrat had been elected four times. A bad move by the Republicans.

Indy 500: Thank God I live in a country where a civil war cleaned out our racist tendencies. Oh, wait. The 2008 presidential election.

BVS: That's revisionist history if I've ever seen it. :huh: :|

Deep: I

have nothing

to contribute

except

irresolute pot-stirring

Pfan: God, you're fucking dense.

<>: Nothing that socialized medicine can't fix :sexywink: dbs

6_3_michael_phelps.jpg

2824463948_bf067eff82.jpg

Iron Horse: How 'bout that rebel from Nazareth?

LemonMelon: :lock:

Can this be stickied?

"19th century 'know nothings'"

I don't know what you mean? A lot of knowledge was going on in the 19th century.

As far as Roosevelt being elected to four terms. Fine with me. The US Constitution did not place a term limit. The Republicans passed that restriction because they were upset a Democrat had been elected four times. A bad move by the Republicans.

Not really what I meant, on either count.

1. The so called 'know-nothings' were a nativist party or movement of sorts in the 19th century US, weren't they?

2. Basically, I refer to the New Deal.

:wink: I enjoyed the whole post. Good parody.

But since a black man won in 2008 it rather supports my belief that America is indeed one of the least racists countries. And if you disagree you must be Swiss.

Back
Top Bottom