(at a sex farm)

Old 02-15-2016, 04:09 PM   #92
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 07:57 PM

Old 02-15-2016, 04:42 PM   #93
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 10:57 PM
'No Country for Old Men' and 'There Will Be Blood' were the two front-runners in the Oscar race were both filming in Marfa at the same time. Smoke from the 'Blood' set delayed filming for 'Old Men' a couple hours. 'No Country for Old Men' would go on to win best picture.

DDL would go to the Sex Farm in character.
Old 02-15-2016, 08:02 PM   #94
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlit_Angel View Post

Sure, I think if the situation were reversed and a Republican president were up against a heavily Democratic Senate, the Democrats would do their part to disagree with the Republican president's pick.
You are correct. Chuck Schumer did the exact same thing in 2007 ( more than a year before Bush left office )

Old 02-15-2016, 08:18 PM   #95
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 09:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregoropa View Post
You are correct. Chuck Schumer did the exact same thing in 2007 ( more than a year before Bush left office )

Old 02-15-2016, 09:52 PM   #96
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
The EXACT same thing? Did you not listen to the video you posted?

It is true there is only one Chuck Schumer so he's not going to be verbatim to what McConnell says now. You're just picking gnat shit out of pepper, to argue for a purist comparison of Senate blocking language. The one major difference is Schumer was making these statements with 18 months to go before January 2009 as opposed to 11 months till January 2017.

Bob Dole once quipped that "the most dangerous place in Washington is between Charles Schumer and a television camera"
Old 02-15-2016, 10:01 PM   #97
Blue Crack Supplier

I certainly do hope the GOP throws a 10-month tantrum. All the better for turnout.
Old 02-15-2016, 10:33 PM   #98
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
I certainly do hope the GOP throws a 10-month tantrum. All the better for turnout.
The energy is on the GOP side and with the BernieBros. The tantrum could cut the other way.
Old 02-15-2016, 10:41 PM   #99
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
It is true there is only one Chuck Schumer so he's not going to be verbatim to what McConnell says now. You're just picking gnat shit out of pepper, to argue for a purist comparison of Senate blocking language. The one major difference is Schumer was making these statements with 18 months to go before January 2009 as opposed to 11 months till January 2017.

Bob Dole once quipped that "the most dangerous place in Washington is between Charles Schumer and a television camera"

No, the big difference that escaped you was that he said they would block unless they were shown it was a choice that matched with the mainstream. It wasn't just some blanket blocking "because Bush". He also went on to explain how recent appointments were lied about to get extremists in. The difference in his speech vs the current clown car is reasoning vs pure agenda. Can you really not see that?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
Old 02-15-2016, 10:56 PM   #100
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
No, the big difference that escaped you was that he said they would block unless they were shown it was a choice that matched with the mainstream. It wasn't just some blanket blocking "because Bush". He also went on to explain how recent appointments were lied about to get extremists in. The difference in his speech vs the current clown car is reasoning vs pure agenda. Can you really not see that?

What I see is we have a differing view on what constitutes mainstream vs extremist. Do you consider Chief Justice Roberts extremist ?
Old 02-15-2016, 11:16 PM   #101
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
The energy is on the GOP side and with the BernieBros. The tantrum could cut the other way.

Go ahead. This is how the Dems will flip the Senate.
Old 02-15-2016, 11:26 PM   #102
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
What I see is we have a differing view on what constitutes mainstream vs extremist. Do you consider Chief Justice Roberts extremist ?

:facepalm:You're still missing the point. No, I wouldn't consider Roberts an extremist, Scalia? Absolutely. Has anyone on the Republican side said they would vote yes in certain circumstances? Has anyone given reason beyond "because Obama"?

Once again Reasoning vs Agenda. It's not about gnat shit, if you can't see the difference than I'm truly sorry.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
Old 02-15-2016, 11:37 PM   #103
ONE
love, blood, life

It's really sad how partisanship isn't a thing at all anymore. You get roasted for not making the vote your party makes.
Old 02-16-2016, 08:32 AM   #104
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
I'd encourage you to listen again because you are misinterpreting the intent.

Schumer said there should be no confirmation in extreme circumstances.

McConnell is saying they will BLOCK any nomination so that the Senate won't even be able to get to the point of confirmation.

How do you not see a vast difference?
Old 02-16-2016, 09:40 AM   #105
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Mitch McConnell, 1970-71, Kentucky Law Journal:

Quote:
“At the outset, the Senate should discount the philosophy of the nominee. In our politically centrist society, it is highly unlikely that any Executive would nominate a man of such extreme views of the right of the left as to be disturbing to the Senate. However, a nomination, for example, of a Communist or a member of the American Nazi Parly, would have to be considered an exception to the recommendation that the Senate leave ideological considerations to the discretion of the Executive. Political and philosophical considerations were often a factor in the nineteenth century and arguably in the Parker, Haynsworth and Carswell cases also, but this is not proper and tends to degrade the Court and dilute the constitutionally proper authority of the Executive in this area. The President is presumably elected by the people to carry out a program and altering the ideological directions of the Supreme Court would seem to be a perfectly legitimate part of a Presidential platform. To that end, the Constitution gives to him the power to nominate. As mentioned earlier, if the power to nominate had been given to the Senate, as was considered during the debates at the Constitutional Convention, then it would be proper for the Senate to consider political philosophy. The proper role of the Senate is to advise and consent to the particular nomination, and thus, as the Constitution puts it, “to appoint.” This taken within the context of modern times should mean an examination only into the qualifications of the President’s nominee.”