Stupidest people in Ireland hold convention

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

financeguy

ONE love, blood, life
Limerick NewsWire ? Blog Archive ? Virgin Mary image ‘appears’ on tree in Rathkeale - locals

Local radio is reporting that residents in the west Limerick town of Rathkeale say an “outline” of the Virgin Mary has allegedly appeared on a tree in church grounds in the town.

The report says a number of people “noticed the outline of the Blessed Virgin in a tree cut down as part of a cleanup operation at a church” on Monday.

Live95FM says a large crowd had gathered at St. Mary’s church Monday night with a “steady flow of people today as the news spreads”.

A chairman of the local community council told local radio in an interview, “Certainly there was a figure of a lady, it was eerie looking i’ll be honest with you”, “It’s hard to describe it really; you’d nearly want to see it”.

NEW DETAILS
Locals in the area have now signed a petition preventing the removal of the tree from the grounds of the church with some saying it’s a ‘divine intervention’.

Where's Oliver Cromwell when you need him? :hmm:

Sounds almost like something out of a Flann O'Brien novel.

I do hope Bono's okay, though.

I'm not going to make fun of Ireland's Catholics. Really, where Is there harm in leaving the tree there?

The bit about Cromwell was a bad taste joke.

But the more I see and hear religionists in action, the more I embrace rational thought instead. I agree that the tree should probably be left there, it's good for tourism apparently.

The bit about Cromwell was a bad taste joke.

But the more I see and hear religionists in action, the more I embrace rational thought instead. I agree that the tree should probably be left there, it's good for tourism apparently.

I can understand this. I think, it would be much more difficult for American Catholics, to except it as well. Though, I feel if the Irish should be able to pray, at a place, they deem holy. 'Tis fine, unless of course, those beliefs are forced upon others. And that would be wrong.

Back
Top Bottom