Student to auction her virginity ...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Good for her.

I have 1000, do I hear 1500?

We have 1500, do I hear 2000?

2000, do I hear 2500???

2500 going once, going twice...

SOLD to the man in the front row with the Road House avatar!

No offense to the original poster, but who cares? Out of all the shit that goes around in this world, this is what the media chooses to report on?

With all due respect to melon, I don't care about her decision. I'm more concerned about the guys (or gals - woot!) who will pay for it. Am I the only one that's ever had sex with a virgin? Its like trying to park a moving truck in a slot meant for a compact car.

Who's got time for that?

This has been done before, it's not exactly big news. And if the western world didn't place such a high importance on virginity (or sex, for that matter) then there wouldn't be a market for this :shrug: She's just capitalizing on other peoples fixations. I don't see anything wrong with what she's doing.

"Why lose it to some guy in the backseat of a Toyota when you can pay for your education?"

I can't exactly say that I disagree with this :lol:

Well, uh .... I guess she's working for her education, like many of us. I worked in fast-food establishments, she selling her virginity in a brothel.

This has been done before, it's not exactly big news. And if the western world didn't place such a high importance on virginity (or sex, for that matter) then there wouldn't be a market for this :shrug: She's just capitalizing on other peoples fixations. I don't see anything wrong with what she's doing.

The western world pet? Read Memoirs of Geisha and tell me what's different.

A woman deciding to become a whore* so she can get an education. That's what I find distasteful and disappointing.

*I'm the last person to throw around the word "whore," but let's face it - she meets the definition

Consensual Sex + Free Market

Which one do people hate?

Neither.

Both your premises are wrong, in my opinion.

Maybe the view that sexual relations SHOULDN'T be reduced to the level of just another economic transaction - that moderate, conservative, even old-fashioned, standpoint - is equally as valid as the left-wing viewpoint that any retrictions on sex and sexuality are just repressive nonsense, and, also, equally as valid as the right wing libertarian view point that, that, hey, everything's for sale, everything's just a market, come on and display your wares in the marketplace and see how much you're worth.

Because, in fact, the points of view that our grandparents would have held on issues like this fifty years ago - and, for that matter, the points of view that Christian conservatives STILL hold on this - are not only AS valid, but probably MORE VALID, than the points of view our generation would hold, because THEIR views are tried and tested, they have led to a stable society, a society that encompasses sex, but does not treat it as the be-all and end-all , i.e., sex should not be readily given, but, a gift given from a woman to a man - not necessarily from God, as such - but still, a gift.

And when it was decided, basically in the 60's and afterwards, that we as a society should throw off these old-fashioned, tried-and-tested mechanisms of social interaction, what did we get?

When we, in our immutable arrogance, decided that there shouldn't be any more of these 'old-fashioned' taboos, what did we get?

We got abortion, we got street crime, we got hard drugs, we got every godamn thing that, in my view, damages, and does active harm to, stable societies and stable families.

Let me bring it to a point.

Would you want your daughter selling herself for sex?:reject:

I think what she is doing is ridiculous and wrong. If I were her parents I would be livid. There are other ways of raising money to pay for college education. Try WORKING like the normal average person does.

With all due respect to melon, I don't care about her decision. I'm more concerned about the guys (or gals - woot!) who will pay for it. Am I the only one that's ever had sex with a virgin? Its like trying to park a moving truck in a slot meant for a compact car.

Who's got time for that?

FYM + Sex = EYKIW

Let's not cross the streams.

I think what she is doing is ridiculous and wrong. If I were her parents I would be livid. There are other ways of raising money to pay for college education. Try WORKING like the normal average person does.

Work doesn't even cover books these days!

Back
Top Bottom