Student to auction her virginity ...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
With all due respect to melon, I don't care about her decision. I'm more concerned about the guys (or gals - woot!) who will pay for it. Am I the only one that's ever had sex with a virgin? Its like trying to park a moving truck in a slot meant for a compact car.

Who's got time for that?
Glad you have a high opinion of yourself, Dalt.

IMO, if she wants to get money for something that would otherwise be a pretty shitty experience 75% of the time, good for her!

This publicity stunt may help her pay for her education now, but it could quite possibly cost her employment opportunities in the long run if media coverage of this story keeps growing...

I'm just saying that having sex with virgins sucks. You know one of you is going to end up crying.

Hey, she's gotta lose it sometime. Not that I'm saying I agree with what she is doing (I agree with Corianderstem that its basically whoring), but this girl can't be a virgin forever. And someone's gotta do it for her. How else would she lose it? That guy might as well be thankful he deflowered someone, it could be an ego boost for him, even if its no longer cool to have sex with virgins.

How else would she lose it?

.... she meets someone that she think is really awesome, he feels the same way about her, and when they feel ready, she decides it's time to share that with him?

You know, the old fashioned way? ;)

.... she meets someone that she think is really awesome, he feels the same way about her, and when they feel ready, she decides it's time to share that with him?

You know, the old fashioned way? ;)

As much as I agree that should happen, but honestly, how often does it happen? Especially at her age?

Now, I'm not criticizing her for being a virgin at age 22; I actually know a girl who's still a virgin at age 26. She's not waiting for marriage, she's waiting for the right guy. But sadly, most guys today want sex by the third date, have the same attitude towards virgins as Dalton does, and mature virgins are seen as freaks by our society. My friend - and this girl we're discussing - face a lot of problems with our sex crazed society, and I feel really sorry for them. Sometimes my friend thinks about giving up her virginity to any guy just for the hell of it.

She's using her body as a commodity in exchange for cash. Women have stripped their way through school. I'm sure some have prostituted themselves, too.

I just don't see the big deal. Some people don't attach sentimental importance to their virginity. She seems to be one of those. Unlike stripping or prostitution in the typical manner, it sounds like this will be a one time thing for her. I do find it a little squick-worthy that she's widely advertising her intentions, but if she's willing to live with the potential fallout... :shrug: And good luck to her in reaching her million dollar goal. I could be wrong, but I'd say she's overreaching, there.

Women have stripped their way through school. I'm sure some have prostituted themselves, too.

I was thinking about that as well. I do think there's a line between stripping and actual prostituting - one's selling the fantasy of sex, the other is just flat-out prostitution. On the other hand, most of those student strippers aren't going into a media outlet to say "Hey, I whore myself out to get money for school. Any takers?"

Now, obviously this girl is okay with doing this. Great! Fab. Yay for her, yay for the money she'll get for her fine education.

How long do you think before she regrets it? Five years from now, how many times will she have heard, "Oh, I know your name. You're the one who sold her virginity. Ha ha ha!"

Or "Yes, we found lots of interesting information about you on Google. I don't think we'll be hiring you."

As for this:

Sometimes my friend thinks about giving up her virginity to any guy just for the hell of it.

I can completely understand this line of thinking, but you know, it's a hell of a long way from having sex just to get it over with to selling your virginity to the highest bidder.

On the other hand, most of those student strippers aren't going into a media outlet to say "Hey, I whore myself out to get money for school. Any takers?"

Now, obviously this girl is okay with doing this. Great! Fab. Yay for her, yay for the money she'll get for her fine education.

How long do you think before she regrets it? Five years from now, how many times will she have heard, "Oh, I know your name. You're the one who sold her virginity. Ha ha ha!"

Or "Yes, we found lots of interesting information about you on Google. I don't think we'll be hiring you."

Oh, absolutely I agree with that, which is why I said this:

I do find it a little squick-worthy that she's widely advertising her intentions, but if she's willing to live with the potential fallout... :shrug:

Maybe she's young and hasn't thought about the potential consequences down the line, in which case, very bad idea, or maybe she genuinely doesn't care. I have a feeling that with her being a Women's Study major, she's probably heavily buying into that 'it's empowering' line of thought. Personally, I think there are much better ways to empower one's self, but to each their own. Maybe that's why I still have student loans to pay off. ;)

As much as I agree that should happen, but honestly, how often does it happen? Especially at her age?

Now, I'm not criticizing her for being a virgin at age 22; I actually know a girl who's still a virgin at age 26. She's not waiting for marriage, she's waiting for the right guy. But sadly, most guys today want sex by the third date, have the same attitude towards virgins as Dalton does, and mature virgins are seen as freaks by our society. My friend - and this girl we're discussing - face a lot of problems with our sex crazed society, and I feel really sorry for them. Sometimes my friend thinks about giving up her virginity to any guy just for the hell of it.

Wait just a cotton pickin' second! I have NOTHING against virgins. I have a natural aversion to tears during sex. That shit is damaging.

Anyone think this might be a prank?

Natalie Dylan Sells Virginity: Gets $250k Offer

Natalie Dylan, the pretty 22-year-old recent college grad who is selling her virginity to the highest bidder, has reportedly received a $250,000 offer on Sept. 10.

Dylan (not her real name), who graduated from Sacramento State College, claims she's selling her virginity to help finance her graduate studies. Natalie plans to pursue a master's degree in Marriage & Family Therapy.

Dylan hopes to net up to $1 million from the auction, which is taking place in Nevada at the infamous Moonlight Bunny Ranch, a legalized brothel (eBay turned her down). The auction will be conducted online at bunnyranch.com, and the deal will be consummated at the Bunny Ranch, where Dylan’s sister already works. “I think it’s a tremendous idea,” says Ranch owner Dennis Hof. “Why lose it to some guy in the backseat of a Toyota when you can pay for your education?”

Dylan says she has no moral issues with auctioning off her virginity. "I don't have a moral dilemma with it," she says. "We live in a capitalist society. Why shouldn't I be allowed to capitalize on my virginity? I understand some people may condemn me, but this is empowering. I'm using what I have to better myself."

Natalie says she got the idea of selling her virginity at auction after hearing about a Peruvian woman who was trying to pay for her mother’s medical bills. A Canadian man made a $1.5 million bid, but the woman decided not to go through with the sex.

Dylan's mom, a conservative fourth-grade teacher, initially didn't approve of the auction, but now supports the idea. "I understand some people may condemn me, but, I think this is empowering," says Natalie. "I’m using what I have to better myself.”

Still, Natalie says the winner won’t necessarily be the highest bidder. “I want someone with chemistry. We’ll take bids until I find a suitor I’m happy with.” Btw, Natalie's not a total novice: She admits she has had oral sex, but is still technically a virgin.

Zimbio Pilot - Natalie Dylan

The part that gets me is the Marriage and Family Counseling career goal. . .

"Mmm-hmmm. Well, it sounds like you two are really having some issues right now. . .

How about an. . .auction?"

ewwww $1,000,000 for her virginity? puhlease, what does she think she is, is her hymen made out of gold gossamer, and when they do it angels will flutter down from the sky and sing her praises? I mean, talk about tickets on yourself. hahahaha!

All I got was a bunch of flowers, a risotto and the promise of undying love forever. What gives?!

Still, Natalie says the winner won’t necessarily be the highest bidder. “I want someone with chemistry. We’ll take bids until I find a suitor I’m happy with.” Btw, Natalie's not a total novice: She admits she has had oral sex, but is still technically a virgin.

it will be interesting to see how this revelation affects the marketplace... :hmm:

Back
Top Bottom