Steven Hawking says time travel possible

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Celebrity scientists tend to do that. It's not that he's wrong necessarily, and I grant you the expanding understanding of the cosmos (although planets orbiting other suns is hardly a terribly recent idea) does call into question a uniquely human-centred notion of the divine... but beyond that... meh, whatever.

Like...if we just, stay where we are...fuck, I dunno, man. I think shit can happen. We can all work together and go forward in time...together. It sounds fucking mad, but there's the transcendent in all of us. We can go fucking anywhere without going. See all without seeing. Do all without doing.

I think the Edge can assure us that the future is...better.

I hope you don't think for a second that that is what I was saying. Surely it is relatively uncontroversial to point out that progress through time as experienced during a normal life on a planet like Earth is still 'travel' of some kind, through time. Accelerated travel by movement at or near light speed, is a difference of degree, not of kind.

It was a relatively throwaway comment. And not essentially wrong. Just not specific to the usual usage of the term 'time travel'.

Are you gunning for me now or something? I've read far worse rubbish on this forum.

No, I am not gunning for you now, Kieran McConville. I was just pointing out that you comment didn't really mean anything. But you know that. Then I replied to your snarky reply with a snarky reply. That's all. Good times on FYM

I hope you don't think for a second that that is what I was saying. Surely it is relatively uncontroversial to point out that progress through time as experienced during a normal life on a planet like Earth is still 'travel' of some kind, through time. Accelerated travel by movement at or near light speed, is a difference of degree, not of kind.

Well, I made precisely the same observation on page one, except it was intended to be facetious, so no one got on me about it. Your post had an air of scholarly wisdom about it that turned off Cobbler and Jive, so they commented in turn.

But I don't care either way. As you said, there is lesser insight to be found on Interference, if that excuses anything.

Back
Top Bottom