Spam Sales Soar in the USA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh please, like that's a battle cry for SPAM!

They'd be far better off if we fed them with about 500 other actually nutritious and good foods that we have an excess of.

More than a few thousand starving people around the world right now would eat Spami if they had a chance.

They have no choice. No food.

I'm sure, if they had the chance, they'd want to eat something far nicer than Spam.

Not exactly a compelling argument to say "Well, a starving person, desperate enough to to eat about anything in his situation, would eat it."
Further shows why it came into being in the first place. Out of a dire situation.

wurstel und brot mit senf! :heart:

ja? :D

No:

American hot dogs an offense???
I would rather pay two bucks for a good hotdog than 20 bucks for a steak.

Try McNuggets (if you are looking for junk)
So What Really Is In A McDonald's Chicken McNugget?

I just compare it to good old Danish hot dogs. Sorry, but Americans lose here big time. What people here call a hot dog is a fatty sausage in a dry roll with a little ketchup.

The things they sell in Germany is as poor.

American hot dogs an offense???
I would rather pay two bucks for a good hotdog than 20 bucks for a steak.

Try McNuggets (if you are looking for junk)
So What Really Is In A McDonald's Chicken McNugget?

It seems you're keen to be some kind of Grizzly Adams, but the flaws in your views are just endless. You refuse to wear deodorant, but eat SPAM and hot dog meat? You won't pay for a steak but killed a bear for food? You're an amusing bunch of contradictions.

Disclaimer
Nice site, by the way. Very humourous. The above disclaimer was especially chucklish.

I DONT LIKE SPAM!!!!!!

SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM!!!!

SHUT UP!!! !I DONT LIKE SPAM!!!

Well we've got spam baked beans, spam ham, spam steak, spam eggs, spam spam spam spam spam SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM...

(shot of viking ship, baby smiling in backseat).

It seems you're keen to be some kind of Grizzly Adams, but the flaws in your views are just endless. You refuse to wear deodorant, but eat SPAM and hot dog meat? You won't pay for a steak but killed a bear for food? You're an amusing bunch of contradictions.

Disclaimer
Nice site, by the way. Very humourous. The above disclaimer was especially chucklish.

-I take a bath every morning. I use a good soap and have never spent money on deodorant.

-I live in a rural area. We try to grow and raise as much of our food suppy as
we can.

-I do not eat Spam everyday or hotdogs.

-The last time Spam was on our menu was six months ago.

-The last hotdog was two months ago.

-I'm taking red lentil soup for lunch tomorrow.

-Moderation in all things

-During the Summer months, we rarely eat meat.

-Many members of my wife's family are vegertarians.

-It would be a good thing if all people who eat meat had to kill one animal.

-It would help them understand a lot about life.

I think i will stop here and wait.

Tuna mornay, a tin of tuna in brine + flour, milk and margarine/butter.

And Spam is vile, when the economic meltdown comes I am starting a bigger vegetable patch.

that's the closest i've seen anyone come to explaining what that goddamn silverchair song is about. coincidence? :hmm: i have no idea.

i'd mention monty python, but clearly that reference has already been made.

vote no on spam.

The government is making money off of OOC now? I had no idea the superthreads were so lucrative.

Haha.
My first job was at a grocery store. We used to sell Treet. Never tried it.
Although a guy gave me a dollar to eat raw squid once.
So it's not like I have high standards (well, certainly not at that time anyways)

You ever heard of Souse?
That makes Spam look like filet mignon.

You ever heard of Souse?
That makes Spam look like filet mignon.

I have! But Souse is the fancy-schmantzy name for it -- in my area it was just called Head Cheese. Doesn't that sound yummy? When I was a kid the mere thought anyone would actually consume the Head Cheese and Blood sausage the tiny (seriously tiny -- it was only about 12'x18') grocery store just up the road from us stocked completely grossed me out. :lmao:

Having live on the Gulf Coast all my life with hurricanes that have disrupted power and gas for days to weeks at a time, Spam was not our enemy.
That's the only time I ate (grilled) Spam.
But if food prices don't fall soon, well who knows??:|

I have never giggled quite so much whilst perusing a thread here in good ole interference land . . . so I'm either very easily amused or you lot are an absolute hoot . . .take your pick :wink:

:up:

ps uberbeaver - :heart: your new avi :D

Some lightly fried Spam, in real butter of course, with a few fried potatoes and a cold glass of buttermilk.
A spinach salad on the side.

A hoot of Heaven of a nice meal :)

Are you actually serious?

I'm 100% honest when I say that I feel ill even thinking about eating that (aside from the spinach salad).

I'm 100% honest when I say that I feel ill even thinking about eating that (aside from the spinach salad).

Yes, I'm dead serious about trying to do what I can to shout the message that food, all food, is good and we should eat a wide variety of foods and pratice moderation in all things.

Captain Crunch with raw whole milk is a good breakfast :)

Yes, I'm dead serious about trying to do what I can to shout the message that food, all food, is good and we should eat a wide variety of foods and pratice moderation in all things.

Nothing about that meal suggests moderation at all. Depending on the portion it is quite possible that it in fact approaches something like an entire day's worth of a person's caloric intake, and much of it is saturated fats.

Nothing about that meal suggests moderation at all. Depending on the portion it is quite possible that it in fact approaches something like an entire day's worth of a person's caloric intake, and much of it is saturated fats.

I think I said a few slices, not a truck load.
During the past year, we have eaten Spam about three times.
During this past Summer, we ate only garden vegetables.

Food is not our enemy.
And food is not the answer to eternal youth or life.

Captain Crunch with raw whole milk is a good breakfast :)

A good variety of food doesn't demand to eat literally everything there is. There is many substitutes for Spam which are a lot more valuable for a persons intake.

Spam is ridiculously popular in Asia, and especially in Korea. For realz. It gets served in sandwiches, stews, kimbap (seaweed and rice rolls), everything.

Sounds pretty good to me, although buttermilk tastes horrible. I'd settle for some skim milk over that any day, dull as it is.

I don't eat dairy, don't fry in butter and can't stomach to look at Spam. So as you can imagine, the meal is an all-around hit for me. :hyper:

:lol: I have no problem with dairy, but I would never fry potatoes (or just about anything, maybe pancakes) in butter. Give me canola oil any day.

Who the hell eats spam in this day and age?! Well I suppose there's a recession, but seriously..

Spam is huge out here in the Marianas. People love it out here--practically buy it by the case! You can order it in just about every restaurant, even McDonalds here has a Spam breakfast.

You know those I heart Spam bumper stickers that are supposed to be all ironic in the States? People here have those stickers without irony.

Back
Top Bottom