Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login

Old 11-23-2010, 12:07 AM   #331
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterscotch View Post
The whole thing is pointless because anyone who had a bomb would not just stand in line and wait to get scanned, he'd run, hide. So if anyone is standing there waiting to go through they do not have a bomb so why humiliate them?

I know they don't want to profile anyone but it really seems ridiculous to waste so much time and money and put so many people through such trouble when they know damn well from looking at a lot of people they are not a terrorist- take an old person or a family with little kids. So what happens is that everone is inconvenienced because they do not want to offend a very small portion of the flying public.
Well obviously your first premise is wrong since terrorist have made it through previous screening tests.

And what makes you think you know what a terrorist looks like? What makes you think a terrorist can't blackmail someone in to bringing something on, or sneak something on to them?

Old 11-23-2010, 12:39 AM   #332
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:31 AM
Terrorists Have Discussed Use of Prosthetics to Conceal Explosives

Old 11-23-2010, 06:55 AM   #333
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
Well obviously your first premise is wrong since terrorist have made it through previous screening tests.

And what makes you think you know what a terrorist looks like? What makes you think a terrorist can't blackmail someone in to bringing something on, or sneak something on to them?
exactly. plus if said terrorist really did get nervous/worried about his bomb being discovered, he'd probably be more likely to detonate there in security rather than just hide or leave.
Old 11-23-2010, 07:27 AM   #334
War Child

Local Time: 05:31 PM
Quote:

And what makes you think you know what a terrorist looks like?
Well uuuuh let's just say an old couple from Elmira, NY in Hawaiian shirts or a nurse traveling with little kids from Savannah isn't going to be a terrorist, sorry. Even if you can't target people due to political correctness you can rule out those who are really a waste of time.

Quote:
What makes you think a terrorist can't blackmail someone in to bringing something on, or sneak something on to them?
Blackmail somebody to carry a suicide bomb?! For real? Come on, what good would the money do them? Okay, whatever, I'm done here too.
Old 11-23-2010, 08:19 AM   #335
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Well uuuuh let's just say an old couple from Elmira, NY in Hawaiian shirts or a nurse traveling with little kids from Savannah isn't going to be a terrorist, sorry. Even if you can't target people due to political correctness you can rule out those who are really a waste of time.
So age and clothing is the way you can tell if someone is a terrorist or have had something snuck on their body? This short sightedness will surely get you killed.

Quote:
Blackmail somebody to carry a suicide bomb?! For real? Come on, what good would the money do them? Okay, whatever, I'm done here too.
Who said anything about a suicide bomb? It could be a weapon for another flight. And it doesn't have to be about money, someone's family could be held until the task is done. You have to be capable of thinking outside the box, they surely are.
Old 11-23-2010, 08:39 AM   #336
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Who said anything about a suicide bomb? It could be a weapon for another flight. And it doesn't have to be about money, someone's family could be held until the task is done. You have to be capable of thinking outside the box, they surely are.
exactly. you tell a father travelling for business that his wife and children are being held captive, or have a gunman outside their house or something waiting for the call to kill them. they never have to know any of this if he just delivers the package, so to speak. even if it isn't true, would someone really take that risk?
Old 11-23-2010, 10:17 AM   #337
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:31 PM
True-but that still does not excuse the fact that some TSA agents do not seem to be displaying the proper sensitivity to people who have those devices.

Eight hours of training-that's what they allegedly receive for doing the pat downs and for dealing with medical conditions, prosthetics, children, and any and all possible unique scenarios and for just basic human decency and sensitivity. McDonalds probably gives more than eight hours of training for working there.
Old 11-23-2010, 02:23 PM   #338
has a

I asked to be patted-down last week before my flight from MSP to ORD.
It was fine, the guy was gentle enough, and nobody gawked as I stood there out in the open.
Now mind you, I am a person who doesn't care a lick about modesty. I don't have any medical issues that I am concerned about or that would set off any alarms or call for more screening. I am very sympathetic to the cancer survivor that had to show her prosthetic breast and such.
But, this is the new normal. I often was patted-down just after 9/11 when they were doing the random screenings at the gate. There isn't much different between the old "backs of hands" body searching and the new full-hand method. Sure, some TSA people are going to far, but this is a great story for the media to run with.

We have to get used to this type of screening. I am comfortable with that as long as I know that they are screening the cargo thoroughly, too--which I'm not certain they are.
Old 11-23-2010, 04:16 PM   #339
Blue Crack Addict

I requested the pat down with the happy ending.
Old 11-23-2010, 05:17 PM   #340
War Child

Local Time: 05:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kramwest1 View Post
I am comfortable with that as long as I know that they are screening the cargo thoroughly, too--which I'm not certain they are.
I was thinking that would be next, once they know they can't hide it on their bodies they'll get more adept at hiding it in stuff. Once it comes out explosives have been cleverly concealed in ordinary clothing items in a few suitcases you'll have to sit and wait while every single item you packed for your trip is searched. When that happens, you might as well drive because any time you save from flying across country will be lost. This has to end somewhere.
Old 11-23-2010, 05:46 PM   #341
Blue Crack Addict

Mike Huckabee made this suggestion on his radio show and then echoed it on Fox & Friends:

“If he thinks this is an appropriate way for us to deal with security as he has defended, then I’ve said, ‘OK, Mr. Obama, take your wife, your two daughters and your mother-in-law to Washington Reagan National Airport and have them publicly go through both the body scanner and the full enhanced pat-down in front of others. And if it’s OK for your wife, your daughters, and your mother-in-law, then maybe the rest of us won’t feel so bad when our wives, our daughters and our mothers are being put through this humiliating and degrading, totally unconstitutional, intrusion of their privacy."

Of course if Bush had implemented the same procedures where would the Republican outcry be? They say Obama is soft on terrorism so if it wasn't happening they'd be saying that was the reason. But why not just use it as a political football, of course.
Old 11-23-2010, 05:51 PM   #342
Blue Crack Addict

and be sure and bring a picture i d and your real birth certificate.
Old 11-23-2010, 06:07 PM   #343
Blue Crack Addict

Passenger Chooses Strip-Down Over Pat-Down | NBC San Diego

When a San Diego man opted out of security screening using the Advanced Imaging Technology (AIT) at Lindbergh Field Friday, he stripped down to his underwear in an attempt to avoid the pat-down procedures.

Samuel Wolanyk took the protest started Nov. 13 by Oceanside's John Tyner to a whole new level.

While Tyner videotaped his refusal to be patted down, telling the agent "If you touch my junk, I'll have you arrested," Wolanyk decided to give TSA a look at his body down to his Calvin Klein's.

Through a statement released by his attorney Sunday night, Wolanyk said "TSA needs to see that I'm not carrying any weapons, explosives, or other prohibited substances, I refuse to have images of my naked body viewed by perfect strangers, and having been felt up for the first time by TSA the week prior (I travel frequently) I was not willing to be molested again."

Wolanyk's attorney said that TSA requested his client put his clothes on so he could be patted down properly but his client refused to put his clothes back on. He never refused a pat down, according to his attorney.

Wolanyk was arrested for refusing to complete the security process. A woman, identified by Harbor police as Danielle Kelli Hayman,39, of San Diego was detained for recording the incident on a phone.
Old 11-23-2010, 06:16 PM   #344
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 06:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
Wolanyk was arrested for refusing to complete the security process. A woman, identified by Harbor police as Danielle Kelli Hayman,39, of San Diego was detained for recording the incident on a phone.
for fuck's sake
Old 11-23-2010, 06:24 PM   #345
Blue Crack Addict

Even if he was standing there in nothing but his underwear I guess they still would have to touch in whatever junk-related areas that they do so that's why he got in trouble..because apparently they would not do that when he just had underwear on. If they have no problem putting hands down pants or up under a woman's shirt then what's the problem? They have gloves on so it wouldn't be germs.

I guess it would be too humiliating for them. Well if you're going to tell people you don't have to fly then they don't have to work there. Right? Same goes for their complaints about what some passengers are saying to them. I'm not supporting or defending those comments-but they don't have to work there.. if you're going to logically follow their argument.