Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login

Old 01-06-2010, 06:03 PM   #196
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 08:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
my guess is that it is on the laundry list of complaints this individual had.

be warned, the generation of terrorists inspired by the Bush administration are growing up and not getting laid and have no jobs and are going to start blowing shit up.
And exactly how is not getting laid and having no jobs the fault of Bush, America and Western Civilization?

And what inspired the Maidenform Bomber during the Age of Obama? The lack of affordable health care? No Green jobs? Those Fat Cat Wall Street Bonuses?

We dumped Bush for a president named Barack Hussein Obama, who studied in a madrassah as a child and who has vowed to close Gitmo and stop torture. Exactly what else is on this laundry list?

Old 01-06-2010, 06:45 PM   #197
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by INDY500 View Post
And exactly how is not getting laid and having no jobs the fault of Bush, America and Western Civilization?

And what inspired the Maidenform Bomber during the Age of Obama? The lack of affordable health care? No Green jobs? Those Fat Cat Wall Street Bonuses?

We dumped Bush for a president named Barack Hussein Obama, who studied in a madrassah as a child and who has vowed to close Gitmo and stop torture. Exactly what else is on this laundry list?

we should have dropped loaves of bread and fish on Afghanistan and Iraq.

Old 01-06-2010, 06:56 PM   #198
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
we should have dropped loaves of bread and fish on Afghanistan and Iraq.
Neither of which the 9/11 attackers ever lived to see so it couldn't have been on their laundry list.

Knocking down buildings and blowing up planes isn't really the goal of terrorists. Critics of Bush were right when they mention that "terror" is just a tactic when chiding his use of the term War On Terror.

Do you know what the goal, for which terror is just one tactic, actually is?
Old 01-06-2010, 07:44 PM   #199
Refugee

Quote:
my guess is that it is on the laundry list of complaints this individual had.
We'll need to ask the Al Qaeda terrorist's appointed attorney about those complaints.

Quote:
be warned, the generation of terrorists inspired by the Bush administration are growing up and not getting laid and have no jobs and are going to start blowing shit up.
I think you are more inspired by the Bush administration than a terrorist is.
Old 01-06-2010, 08:15 PM   #200
Refugee

Local Time: 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluer White View Post
We'll need to ask the Al Qaeda terrorist's appointed attorney about those complaints.

I think you are more inspired by the Bush administration than a terrorist is.

Old 01-06-2010, 08:25 PM   #201
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Do you know what the goal, for which terror is just one tactic, actually is?

to draw the United States into unwinnable, costly wars in the Middle East and to cause the country to go bankrupt like the Soviet Union.
Old 01-06-2010, 08:44 PM   #202
Refugee

Local Time: 02:50 PM
Quote:
to draw the United States into unwinnable, costly wars in the Middle East and to cause the country to go bankrupt like the Soviet Union.
So you believe like some in Al Quada and South Asia do, that the war in Afghanistan caused the Soviet Union to go bankrupt?
Old 01-06-2010, 09:02 PM   #203
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
Now you have the pulse of the American people?
Perhaps they also have biweekly meetings like the African American Community?

Funny though, that I've never been invited. . . .

Does that make me unAmerican?

Quote:
So attacks on the U.S. will slow or even stop once the "breeding ground" of Guantanamo is closed?

Well, another talking point of the Left that has absolutely no basis in reality.
I won't argue with you on this one. I think closing Gitmo is neither here nor there. To me closing it is just a political gesture, and one that is creating a lot of headaches.

Theoretically they could house the prisoners anywhere so why not just keep them where they are?

Old 01-06-2010, 10:29 PM   #204
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by maycocksean View Post

I won't argue with you on this one. I think closing Gitmo is neither here nor there. To me closing it is just a political gesture, and one that is creating a lot of headaches.

Theoretically they could house the prisoners anywhere so why not just keep them where they are?

It's never been explained why Gitmo North would be perceived by the world as better than Gitmo Classic. Just one of those political memes that gets repeated so often some people are bound to accept it.
Unfortunately, the president is one of those people.
Old 01-07-2010, 10:22 PM   #205
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:50 AM
Quote:
It's never been explained why Gitmo North would be perceived by the world as better than Gitmo Classic. Just one of those political memes that gets repeated so often some people are bound to accept it.
Unfortunately, the president is one of those people.

Because the whole premise of GITMO from the onset was that it is a magic island like LOST.

People can be held indefinitely without being charged and no international laws or conventions apply there. This is what the Bush Administration claimed.
Old 01-08-2010, 10:27 AM   #206
Blue Crack Addict

Remember when Cheney said if people voted for Kerry there would be a greater chance of terrorist attacks, etc.? I guess they're just getting an early start on Obama.
Old 01-11-2010, 11:19 AM   #207
Blue Crack Addict

wired.com

Obama: Software Flaws Let Christmas Bomber Get Through

* By Noah Shachtman
* January 7, 2010

Crappy government software — and failure to use that software right — almost got 289 people killed in the botched Christmas day bombing.

“Information sharing does not appear to have contributed to this intelligence failure; relevant all-sources analysts as well as watchlisting personnel who needed this information were not preventing from accessing it,” the White House noted in its review of the incident. The problem was in the databases, and in the data-mining software. “Information technology within the CT [counterterrorism] community did not sufficiently enable the correlation of data that would have enable analysts to highlight the relevant threat information.”

You bet it didn’t. Government search tools weren’t even flexible enough to handle simple misspellings. As the White House review notes:

A misspelling of Mr. Abdulmutallab’s name initially resulted in the State Department believing he did not have a valid U.S. visa. A determination to revoke his visa however would have only occurred if there had been a successful integration of intelligence by the CT [counterterrorism] community, resulting in his being watchlisted.

This is a problem that commercial software firms largely solved years ago. (Try typing “Noa Schactmann” into Google, and see what comes up.) How it could persist in the CT community, I just don’t understand.

In a memo to his agency chiefs, President Obama ordered the Director of National Intelligence to “accelerate information technology enhancement, to include knowledge discovery, database integration, cross-database search, and the ability to correlate biographic information with terrorism-related intelligence.”

All of which will be helpful. But analysts have to actually use the tools. That didn’t happen in the Christmas attack. “NCTC and CIA personnel who are responsible for watchlisting did not search all available databases,” the White House noted.

The Department of Homeland Security did run Northwest Airlines flight 253’s passenger manifest against terrorism databases. But only after the flight took off. Ugh.
Old 01-11-2010, 12:40 PM   #208
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Coming soon to our health care system.

"Crappy government software" and a flood of bureaucrats that "fail to use that software right."

Yeah.
Old 01-11-2010, 01:14 PM   #209
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
This is a problem that commercial software firms largely solved years ago. (Try typing “Noa Schactmann” into Google, and see what comes up.) How it could persist in the CT community, I just don’t understand.
This is a poor example used by the author to conclude that the software is crappy. Western European name misspellings are easier to identify in software. I don't think google would fare as well with more exotic languages and regional dialects.
Old 01-11-2010, 01:42 PM   #210
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Coming soon to our health care system.

"Crappy government software" and a flood of bureaucrats that "fail to use that software right."

Yeah.
Is this how you feel about the military and NASA as well?